Facebook Pixel

How to Apply For China Tourist Visa for Filipinos

By Kach Umandap February 14th, 2022 Posted in Asia Travel Blog, Guide for Filipinos, Travel Blog, VISA Application Guides 3 Comments

Plan your next China trip! Here’s our guide for Filipinos about applying for a China tourist visa. Enjoy the culture in the Sleeping Giant.

Being one of the largest countries in the world, it is not surprising that there is a lot to see and explore in China. This is the main reason why we have countless reasons as to why you should go there! If you’re interested in its culture and ancient China itself, there’s no other perfect way to do that than to visit this country. 

3 days in Beijing!

As a Filipino, it is frustrating that we can’t go there without having the need to apply for a tourist visa. But, no need to worry as the visa application for a tourist visa to China is not that difficult. Of course, if you have the right and complete requirements.

China Visa

So in this article, we provided you with the basic requirements needed and additional information you might need when you decide to apply for a China tourist visa

Facts about China

Chinese New Year celebration lasts for up to 15 days.

The palace complex in Beijing called ‘The Forbidden City’ is consists of 9,000 rooms. 

China’s size is almost the same as the continental USA. However, it only has one official time zone compared to the USA which has 4. 

Red is considered a lucky color in China.

The earliest chopsticks which were made about 5,000 years ago were actually made for cooking, not for eating.

China has the fourth-longest river in the world called the Yangtze River. 

Who Are Exempted for China Tourist Visa?

  • Those tourists whose point of entry is at Sanya Airport (SYX), visa-exempt of 30 days but you must stay only in Hainan Province. You should also be in the stamped name list or you must have an invitation letter from a registered tourist agent of Hainan Province or a confirmed hotel reservation and an onward ticket.
  • Tourists Arriving at Haikou (HAK), visa-exempt of 30 days. They must be in the stamped name list or invitation letter from a registered tourist agent of Hainan Province.
  • Arriving at Guilin (KWL), visa-exempt of 6 days. The holder must be part of a tourist group (not solo) and the tour must be organized by a registered travel agent.
  • Traveling in a group that is organized by a Chinese tour operator, visa-exempt for 6 days. The holder must have a flight from Hong Kong or Macau and going to Zhujiang Delta (Guangdong) and is off to Dongguan (DGM), Guangzhou (CAN), Huizhou (HUZ), Shantou (SWA), Shenzhen (SZX), or Zhuhai (ZUH)
  • Going to Hong Kong (SAR), visa-exempt for 14 days
  • Going to Macao (SAR), visa-exempt for 30 days
How to Apply For China Tourist Visa for Filipinos
Photo by Li Yang on Unsplash

IMPORTANT NOTICE: From 10 May 2021, the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines will start the online visa application system and appointment system

Main requirements in applying for China Tourist Visa

  • Passport (Should be valid for at least 6 months and with one blank visa page). 

Philippine Passport

  • A photocopy of the passport’s information/photo page and emergency contact page. 
  • Completed online visa application form. Print out the application form and sign the confirmation page, which shall be brought along with other documents to the consular office.
  • 2 colored photos. It must comply with their specific photo requirements.
  • Bank Certificate of Deposit Balance (including the past 6 months bank statement) and the receipt for payment of this certificate).


Supporting Documents for China Tourist Visa

For First Time Visa Applicant

  • Bank Certificate and bank statement for 6 months with receipt
  • BIR-stamped Income Tax Return Form
  • Certificate of Employment – Must include salary and the length of employment
  • Business Registration Certificate – if you’re the owner
  • Professional ID/Student ID (if applicable)
  • Other relevant documents that will prove your condition or letter explaining your purpose of travel (if applicable) (Read more: Ways to prove deep rootedness and cover letter writing)

With Previous Chinese Visa

  • Photocopy of the visa
  • If the visa is on your old passport, submit it also.


Ordinary passport holders are required to book appointments on the website of Appointment for Visa Application Submission (AVAS): avas.mfa.gov.cn and submit the applications to our consular office on the date of appointment.

Rent A Flight

Visa Processing Fee for China Tourist Visa

Single Entry: PHP 1,400

Double Entry: PHP 2,100

Multiple Entry (valid for 6 months): PHP 2,800

Multiple Entry (valid for 1 year): PHP 4,200

Processing time: Regular processing time is 4 days. For express visa, it takes 3 days. However, you need to pay an additional fee of PHP 1,100 for that. As for rush service which takes up to 2 days only, a PHP 1,700 fee is needed. But remember that rush service is not applicable for first-time applicants.

Chinese Embassy in the Philippines

Embassy and Consulate of the People’s Republic of China in the Philippines

Manila: 2F, The World Center 330 Senator Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati City

  • Contact number: (02) 8844 3148
  • Office hours: Monday –  Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM 

Laoag: No.216 National Highway, Brgy. 1, San Francisco, San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte 2901

  • Contact number: (63 77) 772-1874 / 670-6355

Cebu: 7th Floor, Mandarin Plaza Hotel, Archbishop Reyes Avenue Corner Escario Street, Cebu City

Gather all your documents and visit any of these branches near you to directly apply for your visa or through a travel agency. No appointment needed.

“3 Days in 100 Capitals” by Tinggly and Our 8 Favourite City Getaways!3

Frequently Asked Questions About China Tourist Visa

1. Do I need to provide a ‘show money’, if yes, how much should I have?

Yes. Since the embassy requires applicants to provide a copy of their bank certificate. However, there is no clear answer to how much money should you have, it all depends on how long you will stay and the attractions you will go to. Make sure you have enough budget to cover all day-to-day expenses, flights, and hotels. 

2. I’m busy and can’t go to the Embassy to personally apply, can somebody submit my application for me?

Yes. You just need to make sure that all your requirements are complete.

3. Is there an interview during the application?

No. There is no interview needed.

4. I don’t have an ITR, what should I do?

Provide a letter explaining as to why you can’t submit an ITR. 

5. Do I need to have travel insurance?

Not really necessary but we recommend it. We don’t know what will happen during your trip. Having one is advisable!


6. Is it advisable to avail of the services of a tour agency?

Yes, you can! But it doesn’t make any difference. Getting service from a tour agency won’t guarantee you of a visa approval plus you need to pay extra money for their service. But of course, it’s still up to you on how you want your application to be processed.

7. Can somebody else apply and submit my documents on my behalf?

Yes. Just make sure that you have complete requirements.

Line seperator

Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

3 thoughts on “How to Apply For China Tourist Visa for Filipinos

  1. Need po ba talaga ng bank certificate ? I have my fiancé who works there that will take care of everything when I get there. Is it possible po na walang ng certificate?

  2. Ms. Kach, hindi ko po masyadong na gets yung conditions para ma exempted sa Chinese Visa. If you will travel to Hongkong or Macau after traveling to China, exempted po ba? Tama po ba?

    1. Hong Kong and Macau are special parts of China so they have different visa policies, so pwede kang mag-enter visa free

      You can only be exemptend for a Chinese Visa coming from HK or Macau if you follow the conditions sa -Who Are Exempted for China Tourist Visa?-

      like for example yung last
      > Traveling in a group that is organized by a Chinese tour operator and going to a specific airline Zhujiang Delta (Guangdong) and is off to Dongguan (DGM), Guangzhou (CAN), Huizhou (HUZ), Shantou (SWA), Shenzhen (SZX), or Zhuhai (ZUH)
      – so di pwedeng iba like Beijing, yung mentioned lang pwede mung puntahan for 6 days. then flight must via HK or Macau

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER:Many of the articles on Two Monkeys Travel Group are guest posts by a number of Approved Contributors and are hosted by Two Monkeys Travel Group. Approved Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. This includes all text and images that they use within their own work. All contributors are instructed to follow internationally recognised copyright and intellectual property guidelines. Two Monkeys Travel Group takes its own responsibilities very seriously, so if you feel that any part of this work is abusive in any way, please send us an email so that we can investigate - [email protected]

DISCLOSURE: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. So when you make a purchase we sometimes make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. The cost to you remains the same, sometimes even cheaper if we have negotiated a special deal for our readers.We use all of the companies we have listed here and that’s why they are in this list, but of course we need to keep Two Monkeys Travel Group running as well as it can, which is exactly what you’re helping with if you do decide to buy or book something through an affiliate link! If you have any more questions about the companies we use or any other companies you’re looking at, just email us and we’ll be happy to help.Please see our full disclaimer page for more information.

Written by Kach Umandap

Founder of Two Monkeys Travel Group. Since 2013, Kach has visited all the 7 continents (including Antarctica) and 151 countries using her Philippines Passport. In 2016, she bought a sailboat and went on sailing adventures with her two cats - Captain Ahab & Little Zissou in the Caribbean for 2 years. She now lives in Herceg Novi, Montenegro where she's enjoying her expat life and living on a gorgeous Stonehouse. She writes about her experiences traveling as a Filipina traveler with a PHL Passport. Also tips on backpacking trips, luxury hotel experiences, product reviews, sailing & adventure travel.