1. How old are you?
Kach —> 29 years old (born in 1988)
Jonathan —> 33 years old (born in 1984)
2. How do you pronounce “Kach”?
It sounds like “catch” =)
3. Where are you from?
Kach —> Laguna, Philippines
Jonathan —> Stroud, United Kingdom
4. What passports do you have?
Kach —> Philippines
Jonathan —> UK (British)
Unlike what other people think, it’s not easy to change your nationality even though I’m married to a British citizen. I’ve been traveling the world with my Philippines Passport! It’s hard but doable. You can read my visa experiences, here.
5. How long have you been together?
4 years since 2013! =)
- We met on May 14, 2013 in Luang Prabang, Laos.
- We officially became a couple on my birthday, July 31, 2013, while in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- We got engaged on June 07, 2015 while sailing in San Blas Islands, Panama.
- We got MARRIED on July 12, 2016 in Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom.
6. What were you doing before traveling?
Kach – OFW (Admin/ Quality Assurance) in the Middle East (Kuwait and Kurdistan, Iraq)
Jonathan – Architectural Technologist in Wales, UK
You can read my article that I wrote in 2014 on why I quit my job to travel the world =)
7. How do you fund your travels?
We started with our own savings then Teaching English in Vietnam where we saved almost 12,000 USD. You can read our teaching experience in Hanoi, Vietnam here! We also love volunteering! We started volunteering (waitress, hostel cleaner, cook) while investing in our Tantra Yoga certification and Ayurveda massage therapy in India. After getting certified, we practiced and made a living out of it. After all of those experiences, we decided to have our own travel blog in 2014 as our main source of income.
Here’s the list of jobs we did to support our sustainable travel lifestyle =)
8. How many countries/ territories have you been to?
Together – over 70 countries
Kach – 95 countries (as of August 2017)
Jonathan – over 90 countries
Come back after few months, I will start writing it down!
9. When did you start Travel Blogging?
We had an idea to start the blog in May 2014 but we officially launched it in the last week of October 2014.
10. How do you manage your finances on the road?
We didn’t have a credit card until last year (2016).. we only used Cash, PayPal, my PHL’s bank account and Jonathan’s Debit card. You can read how we did it.
11. For KACH – How do you apply for visas if they are required for Philippines passport?
I usually go to the Embassy of the country where I’m traveling. First, I check and read the Foreign affairs website of that country and from there, I go to the Embassy office and bring all the required documents. I’ve never tried applying for visas in the Philippines.
Some of the required tourist visas I got abroad:
- USA Tourist visa in Bogota, Colombia (they gave me 10 years Multiple Entry)
- UK Tourist visa while in Hanoi, Vietnam
- UK Marriage visa in Los Angeles, California
- Australia Tourist Visa (valid for 2 years) online while in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Croatia Tourist Visa while in Los Angeles, California
- India 6 months Tourist visa in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Panama Tourist Visa in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Jordan Tourist Visa in Kuwait
- Turkey Visa in Kuwait and E-visa because of my USA visa
- Cuba Tourist Card in Cancun, Mexico
- Thailand 3 months Tourist visa in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (we are free visa for 30 days)
- Chile Tourist Visa in Arequipa, Peru
- Lebanon Tourist Visa in Kuwait
- Azerbaijan Tourist Visa, online while in Bogota, Colombia
- Armenia E-visa in Kuwait
- Kurdistan, North Iraq visa in Kuwait
- Ukraine Visa in New York
and a lot more… stalk the blog and you’ll find the details
12. We want to know more about you….
You can read our media features and some interviews, here.