Best Sunset Quotes For Your Travels [With Photos]
Why do we love sunset quotes? If I were to choose one time of the day to get out of the house; it would be on sunsets; during the time that the day is about to end and the night is about to come. Because sunsets are beautiful, the sky and the world is painted gorgeously. And every time I see sunsets, even from the same spot, they are unique; the colors and shades are different and the clouds are in different positions. It will make you realize that every day is indeed not the same; yesterday might be prettier than today but we won’t know what is for tomorrow. It’s like life, the past may be better than the present, but we don’t know what the future beholds.
Sunsets give us inspiration or realizations in life. It is a common muse for artists; be it those who paint pictures, or those who take photos. Those who write books or poems, write lyrics for a song, or those with just simple thoughts. There are topics praising the beauty of the sunset, there are ones that give us hope, some equate it to sadness or to a journey about love.
Here are some Sunset Quotes that will give you emotions and inspiration:
These are sunset quotes that will make you believe that there’s someone up there who made something wonderful.
1. When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator. – Mahatma Gandhi
2. If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God. – G.K. Chesterton
3. To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine – GinaDe Gorna
4. From the Rising of the Sun to its setting. The name of the Lord is to be praised.’ – Psalm 113:3
5. At the end of the world, the sunset is like a child smashing a pack of crayon into God’s face – Craig Stone
6. If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord. – Nathan Philips
7. In silence, the three of them looked at the sunset and thought about God. – Maud Hart Lovelace
8. The golden afternoons are too valuable. They make you realize that each day is truly unique. Therefore, the great secret of life is to live intensely the present, offered to each of us freely by God, creator of Heaven and Earth and everything that is, was and is to come. – Vinícius Montgomery de Miranda
9. My god is all gods in one. When I see a beautiful sunset, I worship the God of Nature; when I see a hidden action brought to light, I worship the God of Truth; when I see a bad man punished and a good man go free, I worship the God of Justice; when I see a penitent forgiven, I worship the god of Mercy. – Edna St. Vincent Millay
10. I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also. – John McCain
11. You want proof there’s a God? Look outside, watch a sunset. – Frank E. Peretti
12. Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven. – John Lubbock
13. God is always seeking you. Every sunset. Every clear blue sky. Each ocean wave. The starry hosts of night. He blankets each new day with the invitation, ‘I am here.’ – Louie Giglio
Sunsets give us hope for a new beginning, these are sunset quotes that will help you up when you are down.
1. Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn. – Ralph Waldo Emmerson
2. Sunset shows that life is too beautiful to hold on to the past so move on to the present. – Jennifer Aquillo
3. Believe in yourself and you can change a sunset into a new dawn. – Anthony T. Hincks
4. Every sunset is an opportunity to reset. – Richie Norton
5. Hope is sweet. Hope is illumining. Hope is fulfilling. Hope can be everlasting. Therefore, do not give up hope, even in the sunset of your life. – Sri Chinmoy
6. The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
7. The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again. – Ram Charan
8. I find it incredibly amazing how at every sunset, the sky is a different shade. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory. – Sanober Khan
9. With every sunset, a new hope is born, and an old expectation dies – Noor Unnahar
10. Allow failure to teach you a valuable lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very beautiful sunrise – Sri Chinmoy
11. No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn. – Maya Angelou
Here are sunset quotes that will help us appreciate life and the wonder of nature:
1. Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us! – Mehmet Murat ildan
2. Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens every day can end beautifully. – Kristen Butler
3. Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth. – Roman Payne
4. The death-bed of a day, how beautiful – Bailey
5. Cherish sunsets, wild creatures and wild places. Have a love affair with the wonder and beauty of the earth. – Stewart Udall
6. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. – Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Bird
7. The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire. – Pamela Hansford Johnson
8. Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down. – Ryu Murakami
9. Nature paints not; In oils, but frescoes the great dome of heaven; With sunsets, and the lovely forms of clouds; And flying vapors. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
10. Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and lookup. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day. – Rachel Boston
11. A sunset paints the sky as if there were no tomorrow. – Anthony T. Hincks
12. From sunrise to sunset to sunrise, there is a lifetime of beauty, charm and elegance. – Sandeep N. Tripathi
13. Sunset is so marvellous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
14. It is the sky that makes the earth so lovely at sunrise, and so splendid at sunset. In the one it breathes over the earth the crystal-like ether, in the other the liquid gold. – Thomas Cole
Not feeling well, you want to know what you need? A sunset! Here are sunset quotes that will push you too see it!
1. Never go too long without watching a Sunset. – Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under! – C. JoyBell C.
3. There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them. – Jo Walton
4. Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting. – Richard Paul Evans
5. It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream. – Bern Williams
6. Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both. – Amy Grant
7. My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day. – Jonathan Lockwood
8. The true purpose of education is to teach a man to carry himself triumphant to the sunset. – Liberty Hyde Bailey
9. See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life. – Debasish Mridha
10. May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace. – Umair Siddiqui
11. Watching sunset makes you feel stronger. – Anamika Mishra
12. Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset. – Ann Landers
13. Softly the evening came with the sunset. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
What color is the sunset? Read this sunset quotes to know its color and what people think about it.
1. The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue and here I am still loving you. – a.y.
2. The sun ignites the clouds below it as if they, and the water, itself, were on fire. – Anthony T. Hincks
3. The sky speaks in a thousand colours. – S.R. Abbasi
4. Sunset is still my favorite color and rainbow is second. – Mattie Stepanek
5. Down sank the great red sun, and in golden, glimmering vapors Veiled the light of his face, like the Prophet descending from Sinai. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
6. Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist. – Mia Kirshner
7. As Angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love. – Anthony T. Hincks
8. There’s nothing quite like watching the sun paint the sky shades of pink and purple as it kisses the ocean goodnight. – bree
9. The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset. – Stephen King
10. When your life is moving too fast and you find yourself in chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset. – Christy Ann Martine
11. The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. – Vera Nazarian
12. Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow. – Kahlil Gibran
Here are inspirational sunset quotes that are at the top of my favorites list:
1. People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, ‘Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds. – Carl Rogers
2. It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again. – a.j. Lawless
3. Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old I am – Joëlle
4. Beauty is like a sunset: it goes as soon as you try to capture it. The beauty you like is precisely that which escapes you. – Issey Miyake
5. Every moment in life is unique. A kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever occur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe. – Stephan Nachmanovich
6. Sunsets are not a rare commodity, they come and go every night, so I compare you not to a sunset, for you only come once in a lifetime. – Daniel Cooke
7. Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps. – Sharon Draper
Here are other inspirational sunset quotes:
1. Don’t forget: beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies. – Paulo Coelho
2. Sunset is the opening music of the night. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
3. The first stab of love is a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly, pinks, vibrant purples – Anna Godberson, The Luxe
4. When the sun has set, no candle can replace it. – George R.R. Martin
5. And yet day and night meet fleetingly at twilight and dawn, he said, lowering his voice again and narrowing his eyes and moving his head a quarter of an inch closer to hers. And their merging sometimes affords the beholder the most enchanted moments of all the twenty four hours. A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder. – Mary Balogh, A Summer to Remember
6. Now she’s lit by the warm orange spreading from the horizon as not-quite-day, becomes not-quite-night – David Levithan, Every Day
7. One day,’ you said, ‘I watched the sunset forty-three times!’ And a little later you added: ‘You know, when one is that sad, one can get to love the sunset.’ ‘Were you that sad, then, on the day of the forty-three sunset?’ But the prince made no answer. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
8. Look’, she said. It’s going to be a beautiful sunset. Shall we stay out and watch it?’ ‘All right,’ I said, and we stayed there on the lawn for quite awhile, arms around each other’s waists, first watching the bright colors come up in the sky, then watching them fade to ashes of gray. – Stephen King, The Green Mile
9. Watching them was like watching the sunset and the sunrise, equally beautiful in different ways. – Shannon A. Thompson, Death Before Daylight
10. I am the sunrise of sunsets, and I make love like noon at midnight. – Jarod Kintz
11. There is nothing more musical than a sunset. – Claude Debussy
12. Life is a miracle; walking is a miracle; watching the sunset is a miracle; everything is a miracle, because existence is a miracle! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
13. We were made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea. – Desmond Tutu
14. Know what you want to do’ hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal. – Elbert Hubbard
15. I cry very easily. It can be a movie, a phone conversation, a sunset – tears are words waiting to be written. – Paulo Coelho
16. The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be. – Sajal Sazzad
17. There can’t possibly be anything more beautiful than Seaside Beach at sunset. – Bryn McCarren
18. My mother is a big believer in being responsible for your own happiness. She always talked about finding joy in small moments and insisted that we stop and take in the beauty of an ordinary day. When I stop the car to make my kids really see a sunset, I hear my mother’s voice and smile. – Jennifer Garner
19. How strange this fear of death is! We are never frightened at a sunset. – George MacDonald
20. Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live. – Rachel Roy
21. As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise. – The Kinks
22. You see, one loves the sunset when one is so sad. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
23. I can count on my fingers the number of sunsets I have left, and I don’t want to miss any of them. – Suzanne Collins
24. Foam is white and waves are grey; beyond the sunset leads my way. – J.R.R. Tolkien
25. Because the sunset, like survival, exists only on the verge of its own disappearing. To be gorgeous, you must first be seen, but to be seen allows you to be hunted. – Ocean Vuong
26. The scattered tea goes with the leaves and every day a sunset dies. – William Faulkner
27. We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us. – Kahlil Gibran
28. Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there. – Grace Ogot
29. Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand. – Karl Schmidt
Have you ever seen a sunset?
How do you feel about it?
Does it make you happy
Or does it make you sad?
Does it bring you hope,
Or does it make you mad?
Does it inspire you
Or make you blue?
We have different views, that’s true
So Give us your own sunset quote too!
You can also read our other articles:
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Leave a Reply