Here is a list of the best mountain quotes that will inspire you and will make you appreciate the journey and encourage you to keep climbing the mountains we all face in our lives.
If you’re going to ask me the metaphor of life, climbing a mountain will be the only phrase that will come to my mind. Why? Think about it. No matter how ready and prepared you are, you will always reach the top bruised, wounded, messy and breathless.
But that’s the point. Whichever path you chose, there will always be a hindrance and complications along the way. But just like what they say, it’s never about the finish line, but about the journey. Its how you overcome the thorns, rocks, and shrubs. It’s how you took that one step even though you cannot move your legs.
It’s how much determination you gave just to climb even though you are afraid of heights. It’s about those times you want to go back, but you didn’t give up. And once you reach the top, its the fulfillment of being closer both to the sky and to the ground that made you successful. The triumph you’ll feel at the summit is incomparable to the pain of the climb. But without that pain, there won’t be bliss.
1. It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe. – Muhammad Ali
2. Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves, and half in love with oblivion. – Robert Macfarlane
4. Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was. – Dag Hammerskjold
5. Life’s a bit like mountaineering – never look down. – Edmund Hillary
6. Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through, the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak. – Andy Andrews
7. No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun. – Chinese Proverb
8. Only mountains can feel the frozen warmth of the sun through snow’s gentle caress on their peaks. – Munia Khan
9. Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you. – David McCullough Jr.
10. He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary. – Friedrich Neitszche
11. Accidents on big mountains happen when people’s ambitions cloud their good judgment. Good climbing is about climbing with heart and with instinct, not ambition and pride. – Bear Grylls
12. I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain. – Andrew Garfield
13. When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time. – Catherine Pulsifer
14. Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing. – Barry Finlay
15. Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence. – Nemann Buhl
16. Mountains are only a problem when they are bigger than you. You should develop yourself so much that you become bigger than the mountains you face. – Idowu Koyenikan
17. Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance. – Khalil Gibran
18. The choices we make lead up to actual experiences. It is one thing to decide to climb a mountain. It is quite another to be on top of it. – Herbert A. Simon
19. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it. – Andy Rooney
20. Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up. – Tyler Knott
21. Although I deeply love oceans, deserts and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty. They keep me continuously wanting to know more, feel more, see more. – Victoria Erickson
22. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
23. Purposes, plans, and achievements of men may all disappear like a yon cloud upon the mountain’s summit; but, like the mountain itself, the things which are of God shall stand fast for ever and ever. – Charles Spurgeon
24. I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm. – John Mackey
25. I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition. – Shannon L. Alder
26. Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views! – Nyki Mack
27. Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery. – John Ruskin
28. If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home. – Vera Nazarian
29. Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.
30. If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. – Anatole France
31. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains. – Steve Jobs
32. The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls. – Lori Lansens
33. I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what’s important in life. – Mark Obmascik
34. You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you. – John Muir
35. If you cannot understand that there is something in man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won’t see why we go. – Edmund Hillary
36. The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain – he is inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem – he is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved. It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills. – William Arthur Ward
37. So this was what a mountain was like, the same as a person: the more you know, the less you fear. – Wu Ming-Yi
38. You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. – Rene Daumal
39. Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments. – Nathaniel Hawthorne
40. Our task, regarding creativity, is to help children climb their own mountains, as high as possible. No one can do more. – Loris Malaguzzi
41. Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains. – Dee Brown
42. The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows. – Sam Cummings
43. Success comes to those who have an entire mountain of gold that they continually mine, not those who find one nugget and try to live on it for fifty years. – John C. Maxwell
44. Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way! – Dr. Seuss
45. Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them. – Swami Vivekananda
46. Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains. – William Shakespeare
47. The farthest mountain is the one you think you can never reach and it may even be just by the side of you! – Mehmet Murat ildan
48. You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers. – Amit Kalantri
49. Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
50. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain. – Tom Hiddleston
I hope that these quotes about mountains will help you overcome the mountains you are facing, literally and metamorphically. These mountain quotes and climbing quotes can be your inspiration to reach the peak. Seize your own mountain because no one is allowed to climb it but you. It hides many mysterious things along the way but it’s our choice to see it as an adventure or a problem. The only way to the top of the mountain is to keep going.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!