How To Apply for a UK Health and Care Visa – Fastest Way To Get a Work Visa in the United Kingdom

By Kach Umandap - Howe July 16th, 2020 Posted in Europe Travel Blog, Guide for Filipinos, Travel Blog, VISA Application Guides 35 Comments

Are you a health care worker? Want to work and live in the United Kingdom? Well, good news! The UK has a new and improved Health and Care Visa! The cost is cheaper, the processing is faster, and it’s attracting healthcare professionals around the world, including the Philippines, to go and live in the UK. Here’s what you need to know about it.

UK Health and Care Visa Things you Need to Know 01
Photo by Artur Tumasjan on Unsplash

It was announced last July 14 by the Home Secretary and Secretary of State for Health and Social Care that they will be launching this new visa this coming August. If you want to know the benefits and the cost, read the information below.

Health and Care Sector for UK Health and Care Visa

Here are the professions or work that will be eligible for getting a UKHC Visa:

  • Medical Practitioners
  • Nurses
  • Dental Practitioners
  • Biochemist
  • Biological Scientist
  • Medical Radiographers
  • Midwives
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Ophthalmic Opticians
  • Paramedics
  • Physical Scientist
  • Pharmacist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Podiatrists
  • Psychologist
  • Social Workers
  • Speech and Language Therapists
  • Health and Therapy Professionals not elsewhere classified

Benefits Compared to Other UK Visas

  • Lower Visa Application Fees – Check out the before prices, it would probably be less than half of the application fee
    • From £610 (or £464 if there is a shortage of workers) for those staying less than 3 years
    • From £1220 (or £928 if there is a shortage of workers) for those staying more than 3 years
  • Exemption of Immigration Health Surcharge – this usually costs £400 per year; so if you work for 3 straight years, you’ll save up to £1,200
  • Faster Processing Time – you can get your visa within 3 weeks after you have submitted your biometrics at the Visa Application Center
  • Long Stay – you can stay for as long as 5 years and 14 days and get extended until 6 years

How To Apply for a UK Health and Care Visa

This Health and Care Visa is not yet available, but it would probably have the same procedure as the Tier 2 (General) visa. To be able to apply, you must be offered a job in the NHS (National Health Service) Trust or from registered licensed sponsors.

After having a sponsor, you may then be asked to prepare your documents. Pay the visa fee and proceed to the visa application center for your biometrics submission. You may then get your visa within three weeks.

The UK Health and Care Visa is available on August 4, 2020, so make sure to subscribe to our website or Facebook page for important updates.

Perks of a Long Term Work Visa

  • Work in the UK
  • Have another job, volunteer, or study as long as it doesn’t interfere with your current work
  • Travel Abroad (in and out of UK)
  • Bring your family with you

Documents You May Need to Prepare

  • Valid and old passport(s) – your valid passport must have a blank page
  • Certificate of Sponsorship Reference Number – this will be given by the place your work sponsor or future employer
  • Proof of your knowledge of English – you need to pass an approved English Language Test; IELTs for example
  • Bank Savings – either personal savings or a certificate saying that your sponsor will and can support
  • Criminal Record Certificate – in case you are with vulnerable people
  • TB Test
8 Awesome Tips to Prepare Your Next Travel After This Pandemic
Online Marketing

So far, that’s what you need to know about UK Health and Care Visa. It’s a superb opportunity for health care professionals as UK have excellent benefits and compensation, plus you get to travel within and out of the UK (if you have correct visas like the Schengen). Keep updated this August so that you can learn more about the steps on how to apply!

Line seperator

Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

35 thoughts on “How To Apply for a UK Health and Care Visa – Fastest Way To Get a Work Visa in the United Kingdom

    1. I am a social worker by profession. I have great motivation to work with the health sector in UK. Can you guide me to apply

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER:Many of the articles on Two Monkeys Travel Group are guest posts by a number of Approved Contributors and are hosted by Two Monkeys Travel Group. Approved Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. This includes all text and images that they use within their own work. All contributors are instructed to follow internationally recognised copyright and intellectual property guidelines. Two Monkeys Travel Group takes its own responsibilities very seriously, so if you feel that any part of this work is abusive in any way, please send us an email so that we can investigate -

DISCLOSURE: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. So when you make a purchase we sometimes make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. The cost to you remains the same, sometimes even cheaper if we have negotiated a special deal for our readers.We use all of the companies we have listed here and that’s why they are in this list, but of course we need to keep Two Monkeys Travel Group running as well as it can, which is exactly what you’re helping with if you do decide to buy or book something through an affiliate link! If you have any more questions about the companies we use or any other companies you’re looking at, just email us and we’ll be happy to help.Please see our full disclaimer page for more information.

Written by Kach Umandap - Howe

Co-Founder of Two Monkeys Travel Group. Since 2013, Kach has visited all the 7 continents (including Antarctica) and 143 countries using her Philippines Passport. In 2016, she got married then a year later bought a sailboat and went on sailing adventures with her two cats - Captain Ahab & Little Zissou in the Caribbean for 2 years. She now lives in Herceg Novi, Montenegro. She writes about her experiences traveling as a Filipina traveler with a PHL Passport. Also tips on backpacking trips, luxury hotel experiences, product reviews, sailing & adventure travel.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Receive tips on how you can live a sustainable long-term travel lifestyle!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Share via
Send this to a friend