Do you want to tour around or visit family and friends living in the United Kingdom? Do you want to see Buckingham Palace and the Queen? Well, you can go with a UK Visa. If you are a Philippine Passport Holder, here’s a UK Visit Visa Application Guide for Filipinos.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island is composed of 4 nations – England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Island. All have their charm and beauty. With a UK Visit Visa, you can spend up to 6 months in this lovely country. To know how to get one, read our article carefully!
UK Visit Visa Application Guide at a Glance
Valid for up to 6 months
Available in Single or Multiple Entries good for 2, 5, or 10 years
Application is available online and through a VFS Center
UK Visit Visa available 15 working days after application
British Embassy Manila
120 Upper McKinley Road
Taguig City Manila
+63 2 8 858 2200
VFS Visa Centers:
VFS Global Services Philippines Pty Ltd.
Mezzanine Floor Unit M01, Ecoplaza Building
2305 Chino Roces Avenue Extension
Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
Visa Center: VFS Cebu
9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905
Samar Loop, cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue
Cebu Business Park
Cebu City 6000
UK Standard Visit Visa Applicants
- Those who want to go on a holiday or vacation as a tourist
- People who want to see family and friends
- Those with business or have a meeting in the UK
- Take part of Sports or Events
- Medical reasons
Documents you may need for a UK Visit Visa
For most documents, please submit in an A4 size paper.
- Valid Passport – valid on your stay in the UK, with a blank page (back and front for your visa)
- Previous Travel Documents – visas and stamps, old passports
- Details of Employment or Studies
- For Employees – Certificate of Employment (include start and length of employment, role, salary, and other company details)
- If Business Owners or Self-employed – Certificate of Registration with the owner’s name, the start date of business
- For Students – Letter from School confirming enrolment and leave of absence
- Financial evidence – can be Bank Statement or Certificates, Certificate of Employment (with salary), Sponsor’s Financial Documents
- Additional Documents if the Applicant is a Minor:
- Birth Certificate or Legal (Adoption) Documents
- If not accompanied by a parent or guardian, signed letter from them with a copy of their passport and signature
Visa Fees for UK Visit Visa
You can use credit, debit card, or PayPal for your payment. Please note it is non-refundable. VFS Service fees will depend on the services you will additionally render.
- Single – £ 95
- Two years (up to 6 months each visit) – £361
- Five years – £ 655
- Ten years – £ 822
Step by Step Guide on How to apply for a UK Visit Visa
STEP 1: Have your documents ready. Please scan them or take a clear picture of them before the start of the process. The files must be in JPEG, PNG, or PDF File.
STEP 2: Complete the Online Application Form (Please see below for more detailed instructions.)
STEP 3: Choose the length of your visa and Pay your visa Fee. Take note of the reference number given to you. You need to print the checklist or front page of your application form.
STEP 4: Create an appointment at a VFS Center (Manila or Cebu.)
STEP 5: You can upload your documents ahead (with the checklist and barcode separator), to avoid paying a Document Scanning Assistance Fee of Php 670 in VFS.
STEP 6: On your scheduled appointment, go to the VFS Center you selected. During your appointment, you will submit your documents, get your photo and fingerprints taken.
STEP 7: Wait for an e-mail about the update of your application
STEP 8: Pick-up at the VFS Center or receive your passport through a carrier.
How to Apply and Fill Up the Online UK Application Form
1. Go to this website.
2. Click Apply Now.
3. Select the language you want your questions and choices to be. Click Next.
4. Choose which country where you will be having your appointment or application.
5. Select the 1st option if you can go to Makati or Cebu.
6. Start your application; please make sure to be active for at most 30 minutes, or you will be automatically logged out. Click Start Now.
7. Register an e-mail and create your password. You can also retrieve your application through a unique link sent in your e-mail. Click Save and Continue.
8. Answer the questions asked.
Information that may be asked:
- Telephone Number
- Full Name
- Relationship Status
- Address and length of stay
- Ownership Status of House
- Passport Details
- National Identity Card
- Birth Place
- Employment – Start date, Employer’s name, address and contact details
- Job Title, Salary, and Description
- Income and Expenses – normal life and during your visit
- Planned Travel Dates
- Language Preferred
- Main Reason For Visit (with details)
- Dependent Details (if you are supporting someone)
- Parent’s Details – Complete Name, Birthdate, Nationality
- Family in the UK
- Travel Companions or Group
- Accommodation Details
- Travel History (UK and Other Countries – with dates of arrival and departure and purpose)
- Travel Refusal, Removal, Deportation, etc.
- Conviction and other penalties
- Previous Employment Organization
- Extra Information
9. Review your answers and click Continue.
10. Check the documents you must provide and tick the box to continue.
11. Read the declaration, tick the box, and continue. You’ll be on the visa fee list.
Know that you have read this UK Visit Visa Application Guide for Philippine Passport Holders, you can prepare your documents, apply online, wait for your appointment and visa. The process is pretty easy. If you need more assistance in getting a visa, we have a visa application bundle where we can do most process for you and you’ll just go to the center to get your photo and fingerprints taken. Good luck!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!