Is Thailand Visa Free For Filipinos? Requirements and Guide to Tourist Visa Extension in Thailand
I can say we are blessed enough to be granted visa free entry to the Land of Smiles, yes, I’m talking about Thailand! The friendship between the Philippines and Thailand is undoubtedly strong. And that gives us the opportunity to wander and explore this wonderful country for up to 30 days!
Yes, it’s possible for us Filipinos to stay in Thailand for a maximum of 30 days. However, with this country’s rich culture, awesome dishes, beautiful attractions, and wonderful people, you may think that 30 days is not enough. In this case, are you aware that you can extend your visa in Thailand? Yup! You could do that if you apply for a tourist visa extension.
In this article, we won’t just tell you about the visa free entry in Thailand but also the requirements and other details you need to know in order to extend your trip. So continue reading and have a blast in this country!
- How to Teach English in Thailand – The Land of Smiles!
- Travel Tips in Thailand – List of Day Trips That You Can Do in Bangkok and other cities!
- Thailand Travel Guide and Thai eVisa Application Process for British Citizens
- List of the Best Luxury Hotels in Thailand
- Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, Thailand – Best Backpacker Party Hostels
Facts about Thailand Free-Entry for Filipinos
Validity: Up to 30 days, mostly twice for a calendar year if crossing via land borders.
Process: Visa Not Required
Number of Entries: Single
Thailand Tourist Visa
If you plan to stay longer in Thailand then you can apply for a Thailand tourist visa at the Thai Embassy in Manila.
Validity: 3 months
Process: 3 working days
Number of Entries: Single
Where to apply: Royal Thai Embassy
Address: 107 Thailand (Rada) Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Telephone: (632) 810-3833 loc. 102 or 103
Requirements in Applying for Thailand Tourist Visa
- Valid Passport – must be valid for at least 6 months
- Photocopy of Passport bio page
- 2 passport-sized or 2×2 sized photos with white background
- Booking or Reservation or Letter of Invitation – include a copy of inviter’s passport as well as visa and work permit if not a Thai National
- Bank Certificate or Online Bank Statement – A minimum of 1,000 USD (About PHP 50,000)
- Certification – Employment Certificate, Student Certificate, or Business Registration
- Airline Ticket Reservation – with the date of entry and exit from Thailand
- Visa Application Form
Submit your application at the Embassy of Thailand. They are open from Mondays-Fridays, 9:30 AM – 12 Noon. A representative may claim or submit it as long as there is a letter of authorization and an ID. Releasing of visa is from 3:00-5:00 pm.
No visa fee for Filipinos.
Thailand Tourist Visa Extension
Where to apply: You can apply at an Immigration Office in Thailand
Extensions: 1 month (single entry), 3 months (single or multiple entries)
Process: 5-7 working days for 1 month or 8-10 working days for 3 months
If you want to stay longer in Thailand than the granted time, you can extend your stay by applying for an extension visa at any immigration office in Thailand. The usual fee for a visa extension is 1900Baht (around PHP 3,058).
Requirements in Applying for Thailand Tourist Visa Extension
- Valid Passport
- Photocopy of Passport bio page and visa page (or Thai stamp)
- Departure Card
- Visa Fee – THB 1,900 (about PHP 3,200)
If you will overstay, the usual penalty is about 500Baht (PHP 800) per day, with a maximum of 20,000Baht (PHP 32,200). You can pay these fines at the airport, or in advance at any immigration office. However, if you only overstayed for one day, then you don’t have to pay. Minors under 15 traveling with a parent do not have to pay the penalty as well.
Embassy of Thailand in the Philippines
Royal Thai Embassy
Address: 107 Rada, Legazpi Village, Makati, Metro Manila
Contact details: (02) 8815 4219
Visa and Consular: (02) 810.3833 (local) / +63.2.810.3833 (international)
Email: [email protected]
Office hours: Monday – Friday: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM / 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Frequently Asked Questions About the Thailand Visa
1. Can I enter Thailand without a visa?
Yes. As a Philippine passport holder, we can enter visa-free in Thailand and stay for up to 30 days.
2. Can I work with my Tourist Visa?
Absolutely not. You will need to obtain a Non-Immigrant Visa (or Work Visa) and a Work Permit to work in Thailand.
3. Is there a penalty for overstaying?
Yes. As I mentioned above, the penalty is about 500Baht (PHP 800) per day, with a maximum of 20,000Baht (PHP 32,200). So remember to NOT overstay if you don’t spend so much money.
4. What’s the difference between a Thailand tourist visa and Thailand Tourist visa extension?
It’s true that Philippine Passport holders do not need to apply for a Thailand tourist visa since we’re visa-free. However, if you intend to stay in Thailand longer than 30 days (for tourism purposes) before your trip, you need to apply for a Thailand tourist visa. In the visa extension’s case, if you didn’t expect that you’ll love your stay in Thailand and decided to extend your trip, then you should apply for a tourist visa extension.
- How to Apply For A Croatia Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A Mexico Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A UAE/Dubai Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A Netherlands Schengen Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A France Schengen Visa with Your Philippines Passport
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Leave a Reply