In this article, we won’t just tell you about the visa free entry in Vietnam but also the requirements and other details you need to know in order to extend your trip.
Vietnam is one of the Southeast Asian countries that Filipinos can go to without having the need to apply for a visa. You can enter Vietnam visa-free for up to 21 days! Philippines passport holders can go there directly via direct flight from Manila to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi.
One of the perks of being granted visa-free entry to Vietnam or to any other Southeast Asian country is that you can also do backpacking and land travel to these SEA countries starting from Thailand, Malaysia, or here in Vietnam. It is one of the most popular ways Filipinos do when traveling to these neighboring countries.
However, if 21 days isn’t enough for you to explore Vietnam, no worries as you can extend your stay or apply for an eVisa for a longer stay. In this guide, we will help you know the requirements and other details in applying for an eVisa and Extension Visa.
Table of Contents
Facts about Vietnam Free-Entry for Filipinos
Validity: Up to 21 days
Process: Visa Not Required
Number of Entries: Single
Vietnam Tourist eVisa
If 21 days is not enough for you, you can apply for a Vietnam eVisa that would grant you a 30-day stay in the said country.
Requirements in Applying for Vietnam Tourist eVisa:
- Valid Passport – scan your full bio page
- Photo – a digital photo that is 4x6cm
- Visa Fee – USD 25
Step-by-Step Guide in Applying for Vietnam eVisa
Step 1: Prepare a digital copy of your passport and photo as well as your credit card for payment.
Step 2: Just visit this website. Upload your photos and fill in your information.
Step 3: Review your information and proceed to payment. Pay the necessary eVisa fee.
Step 4: Wait for the eVisa in your e-mail (It’s usually 3 working days). Print this and show your printed eVisa and passport to the immigration officer at the airport.
Checkpoints that Allow You to Enter Vietnam with An eVisa
Vietnam Tourist Visa Extension
It is possible to extend your Vietnam visa if the total time of your stay is less than 6 months. For example, if you apply for a 3-month tourist visa, you are eligible to extend it for another 3 months.
Where to apply: You can apply at any Immigration Office in Vietnam.
Extensions: 1 month (single entry), 3 months (single or multiple entries)
Process: 5-7 working days for 1 month or 8-10 working days for 3 months
Immigration Office in Vietnam
Hanoi: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang
Ho Chi Minh City: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
Working hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 11:30 AM / 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM (Saturday: Morning only)
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa Extension
1. Prepare the NA5 form which is the renewal or extension application form. You can download it here.
2. After that, submit it to any Immigration office in Vietnam (addresses stated above). Pay the necessary fees if required.
3. Just wait for the result. Usually, it takes at least 5-7 days for a 1-month visa, then 10 days for a 3 months visa.
Things you need to remember:
- You are required to extend your visa through a travel agency in Vietnam, it is not possible to extend the visa yourself directly at the Immigration Office.
- Your landlord or hotel/hostel need to sign your application.
- Your passport must be valid for at least one month past the extension. Make sure that it has an empty page as well.
- You have to prove your recent residency to the local district police (lease agreement or copy of hotel/hostel record of stay) so they can sign and stamp your application.
- You need a Vietnamese friend or landlord to vouch and sponsor your application.
Embassy of Vietnam in the Philippines
Address: 670 Ocampo St, Malate, Manila, 1004 Metro Manila
Contact details: +63-2-5216843 loc. 101
Email: [email protected]
Office hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM / 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Frequently Asked Questions About the Vietnam Tourist Visa and Extension Visa
1. Can I enter Vietnam without a Visa?
Yes. As a Philippine passport holder, we can enter visa-free in Vietnam and stay for up to 21 days.
2. Can I work in Vietnam without a Work Permit?
Yes, for as long as you meet these criteria:
- Duration is less than 3 months;
- A member of a limited company;
- Owner of one member limited company in Vietnam;
- BOD of a joint-stock company;
- Doing sales for a foreign company in Vietnam (you need to contact the Department of labor, invalid and social affair before coming to Vietnam);
- A foreign lawyer with a license issued by the Ministry of Justice.
3. Is there a penalty for overstaying?
Yes, you may be fined VND 500,000 to 5 Million (about PHP 1,000 – 10,000).
4. How much is the visa extension for a one-month single-entry tourist visa?
It depends on the travel agency. But it’s usually around 45 USD for a one-month single-entry visa.
- How to Apply For A Croatia Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A Mexico Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A UAE/Dubai Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A Netherlands Schengen Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply For A France Schengen Visa with Your Philippines Passport
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!