Want to see the hometown of the football player, Cristiano Ronaldo? Here’s our guide for Filipinos about applying for a Schengen Portugal Visa with your Philippines passport.
Portugal is one the places I want to go to in these coming years, the World Youth Day 2022 (now 2023) will be held in Lisbon. Aside from that, this South Western part of Europe is also famous for its gorgeous beaches and views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. With beautiful buildings, rich history, and mouthwatering food, you would not regret coming here.
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- List of the Best Backpacker Hostels in Lisbon, Portugal
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- 7 Awesome Things to do in Lisbon, Portugal [With Suggested Tours]
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
There is no Portugal Embassy in the Philippines; however, they are represented by another Schengen Country. It’s not its neighbor, Spain, but the Greek Embassy issues visas on their behalf. You will need to have an appointment, though, before going there. Read our instructions below.
Portugal Fun Facts
- Portugal was the one who led the Age of Discovery, Ferdinand Magellan was Portuguese
- This country is one of the most visited countries (TOP 20)
- There are also more than 5 million pilgrims going to Fatima, Portugal each year where the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared in front of children
- Portuguese is the official language of the country, but also a few African Countries and Brazil
- Since 2011 in Portugal, it’s illegal to pee in the Ocean
- There are 17 UNESCO Heritage Sites in Portugal; only 1 is natural, most are Catholic Related Places like Monasteries or Convents
- You should know that they have rules in naming babies, there’s a list of what’s not allowed (e.g., Tom, Ashley, Charlotte, etc.)
- Football is a famous sport in Portugal; they haven’t won a World Cup Yet but have won the European, EUFA, and Confederation Cup
- Same-Sex marriage is allowed in Portugal since 2010
- Livraria Bertrand is the oldest bookstore In the world that was founded in Lisbon in 1732
Portugal Consulate in the Philippines
Consulate of the Republic of Portugal
Address: 4/F Unit 410B, Mile Long Bldg., Amorsolo cor. V.A., Rufino Sts., Makati City
Contact number: 813-0046 or 815-8380
Consulate of the Republic of Portugal in Cebu
Address: Cadiz Steel Corp. Tingub Road, Mandaue City, Cebu City
Contact number: (032) 344-0233
You will need to apply to the Greece Embassy in the Philippines.
Who can apply for a Schengen Portugal Visa in the Philippines
- If you are only visiting Portugal or Greece in the Schengen Area;
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Portugal the longest
- Or if your first entry is in Portugal and you’ll go other Schengen Countries in equal length
Documents Required in Applying for a Schengen Portugal Visa for Tourists
1. Filled Up Visa Application Form
2. Valid Passport – with at least two blank pages that is valid 3 months after your depart in the Schengen Zone
3. Recent Photo – in accordance with the ICAO standards
4. Fingerprints – if you haven’t been registered in a Visa Application Center in the last 59 months, then your fingerprints will be collected
2. Financial Means
- Bank Certificate or Bank Books
- Bank statements, credit card statements for the last 6 months
- For minors: proof of means of parent or guardian
3. Travel Proof
- Round trip ticket – should be with Passenger Reservation Number, you can get one from us
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Accommodation – Hotel Voucher or Booking
4. Proof of Deep Ties or Return
- An employment contract or SS Contributions (if relevant)
- Titles of Real Estate Properties
- Family Ties (e.g. Marriage Certificate)
5. Proof of Activity or Work
- Employed: Certificate of employment or leave of absence
- Self-Employed: DTI or SEC Certificates, ITRs, Financial Statements
- Student: Proof of Enrollment and Leave of Absence
Steps on How to Apply for a Schengen Portugal Visa
STEP 1: Gather all the requirements.
STEP 2: Schedule an appointment through an e-mail to [email protected] with the following format:
Preferred Date: [DATE MONTH YEAR]
Name of Applicant: [LAST NAME, FIRST NAME]
Type of Visa: [SCHENGEN/SHORT TERM or NATIONAL/LONG TERM]
Main Country of Destination:
Expected Date of Departure: [DATE MONTH YEAR]
Wait for their reply to the confirmation of your appointment.
STEP 3: Go to the Greek Embassy with your documents. Submit it to the consular officer and pay the Visa fee.
Greek Embassy in the Philippines
Address: Unit 701, SEDCCO 1 Building, 120 Rada Str. Legaspi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila
Contact number: (+63) (2) 88.17.4444, (2) 88.17.3417
Email Address: [email protected]
Visa Application Hours: Monday to Friday: 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Visa Pick-up and Walk-in Inquiries Hours: Monday to Friday: 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
STEP 4: The Embassy will contact you once a decision has been made. Then, you can claim your passport and visa.
Visa Processing Fee for a Schengen Portugal Visa in the Philippines
Visa Fee: Php 4,800.00 (EURO 80) as of July 2021
For 0-12 years: Free
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application and may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Portugal Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can stay in Portugal and the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days for a 180 day period.
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need to buy a plane ticket before my application?
No, you only need a confirmed booking with a PRN. Renting a flight is highly recommended; we have this service available.
5. What is the best insurance to use?
AXA Schengen is highly recommended. They will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved. No risk at all.
6. What if my visa gets rejected? What should I do?
You can file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy.
I hope you now know how to apply for a Schengen Portugal Visa. With gorgeous beaches, breathtaking views, dazzling views of buildings, and nature; you will love it and want to go back. In case you need help with your visa application, you can get our visa application bundle service. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!