How To Apply For Schengen Sweden Visa For Filipinos [Sweden Schengen Visa Guide For Filipinos]
A nation between Norway and Finland is a country filled with picturesque mountains, glacial lakes, and vibrant cities – Sweden. If you want to visit the land where IKEA, H&M, and Volvo was found, see the northern lights and maybe royals apply for a Schengen Visa. Here’s a guide on how to apply for a Schengen Sweden Visa for Philippine Passport Holders.
Filipinos can apply for a Schengen visa via Sweden. Though there is an Embassy of Sweden and consulate in the Philippines, the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok issues the visa. That’s why it’s a bit expensive than other Schengen countries as there is a Shipment Fee to Bangkok. However, you don’t need to go to Thailand as there are visa centers in Manila and Cebu.
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- Stockholm, Sweden : The Hidden Gem in the Baltic
- Explore Gothenburg, Sweden: 10 Must Visit Places in This Underrated But Beautiful City
Schengen Sweden Visa At a Glance
Validity: Short Stay – 90 days in a 180 day period
Entries: Single, Double, or Multiple
Processing Time: 15 days
Where to Apply for Schengen Sweden Visa
Sweden Visa Application Center
Ground Floor Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg.
Don Chino Roces Ave.
Makati City 1231, Philippines
Sweden Visa Application Center – Cebu
Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center
Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue
Cebu Business Park
Cebu City 6000
Who can Apply for Schengen Sweden Visa
- If you are visiting only Sweden
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Sweden the longest
- Or if your first entry is in Sweden and you’ll go to other Schengen Countries in equal length
Requirements in Getting Schengen Sweden Visa
Print or place documents in an A4 Size Paper.
1. Original Passport – must be valid for 3 months after the departure in the Schengen area, with at least 2 blank pages
2. Visa Application Form – duly filled up and signed, download here
3. One Colored Photo – passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) with white background, taken within the last 6 months,
4. Photocopies – Bio-data page of the original passport, previous passports, visa stamps to Schengen countries
5. Travel Insurance – covering the entire trip to the Schengen Area. The minimum cost is EURO 30,000 / PHP 2.5 M. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this.
6. Proof of Sufficient Funds
- Bank Certificate, Bank Statement, or Credit Card Statement for the last 6 months (if applicant bears expense)
- SEK 450 per person per day is required
7. Round trip Airline Ticket with Passenger Reservation Number – it is not required to buy a ticket until a visa is granted. Visa is issued per your reservations.
8. Travel Itinerary – Detailed Day to Day Itinerary of your trip
9. Proof of Will to Return
- Employment Contract or social security contributions (if applicable)
- Real Estate Property – titles or deeds
- Family Ties – e.g., Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificates
10. Proof of Occupation
- If Employed – Certificate of Employment and statement from the employer that the applicant is granted a leave of absence
- For Self Employed – DTI or SEC Registration, Latest Income Tax Return and Financial Statements
- Students – Certification of enrolment from school and a certificate of leave of absence if traveling during the school year
11. Proof of Accommodation – Hotel or Accommodation bookings of all destination
12. Visa Fee
- 12 years old and above – EURO 80 (PHP 4,480)
- 6 – 12 years old – EURO 40 (PHP 2,240)
- VFS Service Fee –PHP 1,520
- Two-Way Shipment Fee (Manila –BKK) – PHP 1,460
If Traveling with Spouse and/or Children
- PSA Birth Certificate
- PSA Marriage Contract
- Affidavit of Support and consent from parents or legal guardian
- Copy of parents’ or legal guardian’s passport or valid ID
- PSA Birth Certificate
- DWSD Clearance
How to Apply for Schengen Sweden Visa
STEP 1: Gather your documents along with this checklist.
STEP 2: Schedule an appointment. You can use this link.
STEP 3: Go to the Visa Application Center on the scheduled date. Submit your documents for the application.
STEP 3: Pay the Visa Fees and VFS Service Fees through cash or card.
STEP 4: Get your biometrics taken – your fingerprints and picture.
STEP 5: Wait for the decision of your application within 15 days from passing it. You can also track your application.
STEP 6: Claim your passport at the visa application center. You’ll need a copy of your passport bio-page and receipt when claiming. Courier service is available for an additional fee.
Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok
20th Floor, One Pacific Place
140 Sukumvit Road between soi 4 and soi 6
+66 (0) 2 263 72 11
Embassy of Sweden in Manila
11th Floor, Del RosarioLaw Centre
21st Drive corner 20th Drive
Bonifacio Global City
1630 Taguig, Metro Manila
+63 (02) 8 811 7900
Consulate of Sweden in Cebu
415 Gorordo Ave.
Lahug, Cebu City 6000
+63 – (0) 32 – 233 3106
Frequently Asked Questions on Schengen Sweden Visa
1. How long does a visa application take?
The usual processing time takes up to 15 days. However, in other cases, the embassy may take an additional 45 days for further documentation.
2. How early can I apply for a Schengen Visa?
As of February 2020, you can apply 6 months before your intended trip.
3. Do I need to go to the VFS center personally?
Yes, except if the applicant is below 12 years old. Your biometrics is taken in the Visa Application Center, so you must attend the appointment personally.
4. When can I claim my passport?
You can claim it when the VFS office is from 2 PM – 4 PM.
5. Can someone else get my passport?
Yes, however, they would need to bring the official receipt, a copy of your passport’s bio-page, authorization letter and a copy of your ID.
6. Can I get my passport and visa through a carrier?
Yes, you can. There will be an additional fee if you opt to do this, please do coordinate with VFS.
7. Will there be an interview?
Not necessarily, but there are chances you may be interviewed or called if there is something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarifications.
8. Is a paid flight necessary?
No, it is not. Only a confirmed round trip flight reservation is needed. You can avail of our Rent-A-Flight Service for only PHP 1,500.00.
9. What company do you recommend for insurance?
I recommend AXA Schengen! It’s the best out there, and they can refund you your visa fees in case you get denied.
10. My visa is rejected; what do I do?
If you think the reason for rejection is wrong, you can file a remonstrance letter. You could also submit another application to a different Schengen Country.
Sweden is a place you should not miss in the Scandinavian Region. With clean and green cities and lots of nature to offer; you won’t regret it. Hope you learned how to apply for a Sweden Schengen Visa with your Philippine Passport through this guide. If you ever need help, see our visa application bundle, and we’ll help you with the process!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Leave a Reply