Remotely From Georgia: How To Apply and Get a Georgia Digital Nomad Visa
A lot of countries have opened new programs like Digital Nomad Visas, where freelancers, workers location-independent, or businessman can work and live in their country. Georgia is new to the list and has a program called ‘Remotely from Georgia’. As a foreign citizen, you can work freely and remotely In Georgia for at least 180 days. Here’s a guide on how you can get a Georgia Digital Nomad Visa.
Georgia is a very beautiful Eurasian country filled with buildings of incredible architecture and breathtaking views. It’s also a charming country with scrumptious food. The nationals that are eligible for the program are mostly visa-exempt, but during this pandemic, most foreign citizens find it hard to enter Georgia. With something like a Georgia Digital Nomad Visa, you can enter and work legally as long as you have approval. Check out if you are eligible and how to get one.
- 40+ Websites to Find Digital Nomad Jobs – Work Wherever You Want
- How To Get A Georgia E-Visa With Your Philippines Passport [Tourist Visa Guide For Georgia]
- 7 Things to Do in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Estonia Digital Nomad Visa: What You Need To Know
- 10 Best Skills Required for Digital Nomads To Have a Great Work and Life Balance
Quick Facts on ‘Remotely From Georgia’ Program (Georgia Digital Nomad Visa)
Length of Stay: up to a year
Where to Apply: Online
Processing Time: 10 working days
Nationalities Eligible for the ‘Remotely From Georgia’ Program
Things you need to know for the ‘Remotely From Georgia’
- You can freely enter the territory in case you have already 2 doses of COVID Vaccine
- Non-vaccinated visitors, who are nationals or residents of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Israel, the U.S., the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Qatar will not need to self-isolate
- Upon entry to Georgia, visitors must provide a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours (96 hours for visitors traveling from the U.S) before their arrival
- A second PCR test at town expense, on the third day of arrival in Georgia will also be done
- Non-vaccinated visitors, who have traveled to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland within the last 14 days are subject to a 12-day quarantine
- There is also a mandatory 8-day quarantine in the form, it will be at the applicant’s own expense
- You will need to earn at least USD 2,000 a month
Requirements for a ‘Remotely From Georgia’ Program (Georgia Digital Nomad Visa)
1. Application Form – fully filled-up online
2. Passport Bio Page Copy
3. Financial Proof – that you can have the ability to pay taxes and a minimum salary of USD 2,000. You can collect all and upload a PDF form. Examples may be:
- Bank Statements
- Stock Statements
- Contracts with Fixed Reimbursement
- Certificate of Employment
4. Medical Insurance – valid for a minimum of 6 months; I recommend SafetyWing as they now cover COVID
5. Requirements Depending on Application –
- Freelancer – Freelancing Contracts for the last 12 months
- Full-Time Employee – Letter of Confirmation from the Organization
- Entrepreneur – Company Ownership or Partnership Statement
How to Apply for the ‘Remotely From Georgia’ Program (Georgia Digital Nomad Visa)
STEP 1: Prepare your documents and scan ahead numbers 2 – 5.
STEP 2: Go to this website. Type the details required.
STEP 3: Upload the documents asked.
STEP 4: Review the information you have entered. Read the terms and conditions. Agree and send your application.
STEP 5: Wait for the approval that you can enter Georgia through the ‘Remotely from Georgia’ Program. You can now fly to Georgia and work and travel within the country.
Frequently Asked Questions for a ‘Remotely from Georgia.’
1. How long will the application be processed?
The application is said to be 10 working days.
2. How long can I stay?
It is usually dependent on your nationality; almost all on the list can stay for a year.
3. Do I need to have a return ticket?
There’s no need to have a return ticket as you might stay longer.
4. Can I go in and out of Georgia?
Yes, but you may be subjected to the country’s protocols.
5. Can I bring my dependents to Georgia?
Yes, you may bring them and enter them in your application. You may need more funds to be able to support yourself and your family when in Georgia.
6. What’s the difference between being visa-exempt and this ‘Remotely From Georgia’ Program?
Most nationalities, US Citizens, for example, can not enter Georgia for tourism purposes even though they are visa-exempt. However, if you availed of the program, you can enter Georgia as soon as you are approved but are subject to their protocols.
7. Who pays for my hotel expenses and PCR Testing?
You will pay for it.
That’s how you can get enter the ‘Remotely from Georgia’ Program or something like a Georgia Digital Nomad Visa. If you want to unwind, travel, and work in another country, Georgia is something really charming and affordable. There are also other Countries Where You Can Get a Digital Nomad Visa. Good luck on your travels here!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Leave a Reply