Want to check out the gorgeous waters and lovely beaches of Europe? Greece should be at the top of your list! Not only will you enjoy the marvelous views, but there’s also Greek mythology! Feel getting transported to ancient Greece as you go to the Parthenon or the other temples. Or sing Mamma Mia as you travel to the islands.
If you really want to visit this country, here’s a guide on how to apply for a Greece Schengen Visa with your Philippine Passport. Read this to know how to travel to this part of the world. Good luck!
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
- 10 Best Things to do in Mykonos, Greece [with Suggested Tours]
- 10 Best Things to do in Syros, Greece [with Suggested Tours]
Table of Contents
Greek Embassy in the Philippines
Embassy of Greece in the Philippines
Address: Unit 701, SEDCCO 1 Building, 120 Rada Str. Legaspi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila
Contact number: (+63) (2) 88.17.4444, (2) 88.17.3417
Email Address: [email protected]
Visa Application Hours: Monday to Friday: 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Visa Pick-up Hours: Monday to Friday: 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
You will need to have an appointment before coming here.
Who can apply for a Schengen Greece Visa in the Philippines
- If you are only visiting Greece in the Schengen Area;
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Greece the longest
- Or if your first entry is in Greece and you’ll go other Schengen Countries in equal length
Main Requirements in Applying for Schengen Greece Visa
1. Filled Up Visa Application Form
2. Valid Passport – with at least two blank pages that is valid 3 months after your departure in the Schengen Area
3. Recent Photo – in accordance with the ICAO standards
4. Fingerprints – if you haven’t been registered in a Visa Application Center in the last 59 months, then your fingerprints will be collected
6. Proof of Financial Means
- Bank Certificate or Bank Books
- Bank statements, credit card statements for the last 6 months
- For minors: proof of means of parent or guardian
7. Proof of Travel
- Round trip ticket – should be with Passenger Reservation Number
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Accommodation – Hotel Voucher or Booking
8. Proof of Return
- An employment contract or SS Contributions (if relevant)
- Titles of Real Estate Properties
- Family Ties (e.g. Marriage Certificate)
9. Proof of Work
- Certificate of employment or leave of absence if Employed
- DTI or SEC Certificates, ITRs, Financial Statements if Self-Employed
- Proof of Enrollment and Leave of Absence if a student
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for Schengen Greece Visa
STEP 1: Complete all the documents before going to the Embassy.
STEP 2: Set an appointment by emailing: [email protected] with the following format:
PREFERRED DATE: [DD MONTH YEAR]
Name of Applicant: [LAST NAME, FIRST NAME]
Type of Visa: [SCHENGEN/SHORT TERM or NATIONAL/LONG TERM]
Main Country of Destination:
Expected Date of Departure: [DD MONTH YEAR]
Wait for the confirmation through email.
STEP 3: Go to the Embassy with your documents. Submit it to the consular officer and pay the Visa fee.
STEP 4: Wait for the decision of the Embassy. They will contact you through email. Afterward, you can claim your passport with visa.
Visa Processing Fee for Schengen Greece Visa in the Philippines
Visa Fee: Php 4,800.00 (EURO 80) as of July 2021
For 0-12 years: Php 0 (EURO 40)
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application and may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Greece Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can stay in Greece and the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days for a 180 day period.
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need to buy a plane ticket before my application?
No, you only need a confirmed booking with a PRN. Renting a flight is highly recommended; we have this service available.
5. What is the best insurance to use?
AXA Schengen is highly recommended. They will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved. No risk at all.
6. What if my visa gets rejected? What should I do?
You can file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy.
I hope you now know how to apply for a Schengen Greece Visa. You can enjoy the beauty and the history Greece has to offer. In case you need help with your visa application, you can get our visa application bundle service. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!