The Department of Transportation in the Philippines has launched a contact tracing application. Everyone who flies in and out of the country will need to have this. Here’s a guide on how to download and register in the Traze App.
By November 28, 2020, all airport passengers must download and register here for contract tracing. This has made by the Philippine Ports Authority and Cosmotech Philippines Inc. It is currently used in 4 airports in the Philippines, and hopefully, on other transportation and establishments.
- 23 Best Travel Apps You Need on Your Phone For Traveling Abroad
- How to Use and Send Money using GCash in the Philippines
- Philippines Immigration Departure Protocols: International Travel during the Pandemic
- How to Register and Use PayMaya (Add, Send Money, Pay Bills)
- Arriving in the Philippines During Covid – Protocols, Requirements & Quarantine Details
Downloading the Traze App
Traze App is available in these App Stores
- Apple App Store – available for iOS13
- Google Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy Store
- Android Phone Users not on the list
- For those not in the Philippines or it says “App is not available in your country,” – you can use this link
- For those who are iOS users that can’t download it, try downloading a VPN and setting it in the Philippines
- Those without a mobile phone, you can ask another family member to register for you (profile – register other people) or go to the nearest Malasakit Helpdesk
Registering in the Traze App
STEP 1: Open the app and click “Register.”
STEP 2: Choose which category you are in. I’ll be choosing “individual.”
STEP 3: Fill up the information asked as well as take your photo. Make sure the app can access your camera.
STEP 4: Submit it.
STEP 5: Enter the verification code.
STEP 6: It will say that your registration is complete.
STEP 7: Enter your username and password to activate your account.
Activating your Traze App
STEP 1: Log-in. Click “Traze Me.”
STEP 2: Enter the verification code. Make sure you have the internet.
STEP 3: Your activation will be complete.
Using the Traze App – Your QR Code
STEP 1: You will have your Traze ID available. To get your QR Code, click “Traze Me.”
STEP 2: Go to Preview.
STEP 3: Screenshot it. You can save it to your gallery and present it to the people asking for your Traze ID. You can also print this, for those who don’t have a mobile phone or think it hassle to do so.
As per Traze’s Facebook page:
- The validity of “Traze Me” QR Code is only for 10 minutes as the code refreshes every time
- Printed QR codes for family members will be valid for 3 days
- From Malasakit or Traze Helpdesks, it will be valid for 999 days
Using the Traze App – Other’s QR Code
STEP 1: In case you are in another establishment, transportation, barangay, etc. You can scan their QR Code, click “Traze QR Code.”
STEP 2: Use your camera to scan their QR Code.
STEP 3: Their data will be successfully saved.
Traze Where You Have Been
As you will be scanning other QR codes, you will know where you have been. Click “Traze History.”
In case the establishment you’ve visited also has someone who has COVID-19, then you can see it on your notifications. Click “Notification.”
Hopefully, it says, “No record found.”
That’s it about the Traze App. It’s super useful because you won’t be writing on the contact forms anymore. The application is also good online or offline; plus, you can add your family members or neighbors who don’t have phones.
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!