British Airways or BA is the second biggest airline in the United Kingdom under International Airlines Group. Their 282 sized-fleet serves 183 destinations having their hub in London. If you ever booked with them and want to change your flight, here is a Step by Step Guide on How to Change Flights or Get Refunds on British Airways.
BA has many options right now, and you can find some of them here. Almost 300,000 calls and tweets have been answered for the past days. If you have no immediate travel within 72 hours, you can do it online. Check out instructions on how to change bookings, cancel or get refunds on British Airways.
- How to Change Flights or Get Refunds on Emirates Airline [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Change Flights or Get Refunds on Turkish Airlines
- How to Change Flights or Get Refunds on Qatar Airways
- How to Cancel Hotel Reservations on Booking.com and Get a Refund
- How to Cancel Non-Refundable Booking for Tours and Hotels [with sample email template]
Please check your Flight Status if ever your flight is canceled or not.
- British Airways will automatically rebook you to another flight with no extra charge (you can also change if you don’t like it)
- If there are another non-canceled BA flights, you can change it too
- If you don’t want to travel anymore, then you can get a refund (with taxes), it will be processed directly
- Check other options by calling them (see contact numbers below)
- Contact travel agent if you have booked with them and not directly through the BA Website
Bookings from March 3 – May 31, 2020, and flights up to May 31, 2020
- Flexible bookings – free change of date, destination, or both (travel until December 31, 2020)
- Travels until May 31, 2020, can cancel bookings without charge, you’ll get a voucher with a value of your booking
How to Change your Flight Booking with British Airways
STEP 1: Go to Manage My Booking.
STEP 2: Log in to your booking by typing the Booking Reference and Last Name of the passenger.
STEP 3: Select the flight and click “Change/Cancel Booking.”
STEP 4: Find your preferred dates. (Please note that you need to cancel the booking if you want to change your destination or not sure when to travel. Check out instructions below on how to cancel flights. You are not to amend using “Manage My Bookings” if you choose to cancel.)
STEP 5: The change fee is waived. Pay the fare difference if there’s any.
STEP 6: Receive a new Flight Itinerary.
How to Cancel your Flight Booking with British Airways
This is for flights until May 31, 2020, please don’t amend your booking in Manage My Booking as the BA Staff will do it.
STEP 1: Prepare your Booking Reference Number and Flight details.
STEP 2: Go to this website for the Online Voucher Form.
STEP 3: Fill in the information and click “Submit.”
STEP 4: Receive your travel voucher. Due to the high demand for submissions, you won’t receive a confirmation message, but BA receives it. Wait for at most seven days for your travel voucher.
The travel voucher can be used for your future travel with British Airways on any date. Please note that if the new booking is more expensive than the original, flight differences may be paid. If it costs lesser than the original, you will get another voucher for the difference. Travel Voucher is valid for 12 months from the departure date of your original flight.
If you need assistance, especially if you can’t use “Manage My Booking,” you can contact British Airways to the following numbers.
Within the United Kingdom: 0800 727 800
Abroad: +44 (0)203 250 0145
I hope this article will help you on how to Change Flights or Get Refunds on British Airways. You can call them if you have flights within 72 hours, but if you can do it online, it’s much better. Hopefully, you can do it successfully and book a new flight. For now, let’s stay put and enjoy our home.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.