Want to visit one of the smallest countries in Europe? Check out our guide for Filipinos about applying for Schengen Luxembourg Visa with your Philippine Passport.
Luxembourg is a landlocked European Country that is just a shy away from being 1000 square miles big. It was once a castle where a fort and town were built. One of the best things to do here is to walk along with the fortress of the capital itself, Luxembourg City. However, there are also other gorgeous castles and scenic views of nature. It may be tiny, but its impact will be huge!
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- 10 Reasons Why Honeymooners Should Visit Luxembourg
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- Do you believe in Fairy Tales? Visit these 9 Castles in Luxembourg
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
The Belgium Embassy in Manila represents Luxembourg. The nearest Luxembourg Embassy is in Tokyo, Japan. However, you will need to have an appointment at the Visa Application Center in Manila or Cebu to submit your application. Find out more in our article.
Luxembourg Fun Facts
- Luxembourg’s Monarch is a Grand Duke as Luxembourg is a Grand Duchy; however, the head of the government is a Prime Minister.
- Belgium, France, and Germany surround it so the cuisine is a mixture of theirs. French and German are also official languages of Luxembourg
- Luxembourg was one of the founders of these organizations: United Nations, European Union, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- There is only one UNESCO World Heritage Site in Luxembourg, and it’s the City of Luxembourg due to its fortifications and historic quarters
- Luxembourg is a tax haven. Skype, Amazon, Paypal have headquarters there plus many buy alcohol in Luxembourg, too (it’s cheaper)
Luxembourg Embassy in Tokyo
Embassy of Luxembourg in Tokyo
Address: Luxembourg House 1F, 8-9 Yonbancho Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Contact number: (+81) 3 3265-9621
Email Address: [email protected]
The Belgium Embassy in Manila represents Luxembourg. Schengen C Visas and Long Term Visas can be applied in the Philippines. Visa Applications are submitted to the VFS Center in Manila or Cebu.
Who can apply for Schengen Luxembourg Visa in the Philippines
- If you are only visiting Luxembourg, Belgium, or Slovenia in the Schengen Area
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Luxembourg the longest
- Or if your first entry is in Luxembourg and you’ll go to other Schengen Countries in equal length
Main Requirements in Applying for Schengen Luxembourg Visa for Tourists
You’ll need to have 2 sets – an original and a copy.
1. Schengen Visa Application Form – online application should be done
2. Valid Passport – it should be valid for at least 3 months after the end of your travel
3. Passport copy – bio-page and pages with visas and stamps
4. 1 Passport-Sized Photo – recently taken within the past 6 months with white background
1. Roundtrip Airline ticket reservation – with passenger name and registration number. Buying a ticket is not required, only a reservation. We have rent a flight service for only €29 that will be enough for this.
2. Travel Medical Insurance – covering your stay and the whole Schengen Area. This must cover at least EURO 30,000. AXA Schengen is highly recommended.
3. Financial Proof
- Bank Certificates
- Bank Statment, Credit Card Statements or Balance for the last 6 months
- For minors: proof of means of parents or legal guardian and notarized affidavit of support
4. Proof of Occupation
- Employed – Certificate of Employment and Certificate of Leave of Absence
- Self-Employed – DTI/SEC Registration, Income Tax Returns, Business Financial Statements
- Student – proof of enrolment and if leaving during the school year – Certificate leave of absences
5. Hotel Reservations or Booking
6. Copy of domestic flight, bus, or train ticket(s) – if you are planning to go to other Schengen Countries
7. Travel Itinerary – Detailed day-to-day planned trip
How to Apply for Schengen Luxembourg Visa with your Philippine Passport
STEP 1: Register and fill the application on this website.
On the site:
1. Register to a new account by clicking “Not Registered Yet.”
2. Type the details needed. You will need to check your e-mail for a confirmation.
3. When you are logged in, click “create a new electronic visa application form.”
4. Type your details in the electronic visa application. Click “Submit.”
5. Check your e-mail as you will receive a confirmation with a PDF form of the application. Print and sign this form.
STEP 2: Gather the rest of the documents requirements required
STEP 3: Book an appointment at the Visa Application Center of your choice. Click this link.
Visa Application Center – Manila
Ground Flr., Ecoplaza Building
2305 Don Chino Roces Ave, Extension,
Makati, Metro Manila
Visa Application Center – Cebu
Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center
Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
STEP 4: Go to the Visa Application Center with your documents on your appointment date. Biometrics will be captured. Pay for the Visa Fee and VFS Service fee.
STEP 5: You will be contacted once a decision has been made.
STEP 6: Claim your passport at the Visa Application Center, don’t forget to bring your proof of ID.
Fee for Schengen Luxembourg Visa in the Philippines
VFS Service Fee: PHP 1,260 for the logistics fee
Visa Fee: EURO 80
For 6-12 years: EURO 40
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application and may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Luxembourg Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can stay in Luxembourg and the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days for a 180 day period.
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need to buy a plane ticket before my application?
No, you only need a confirmed booking with a PRN. Renting a flight is highly recommended; we have this service available.
5. What is the best insurance to use?
AXA Schengen is highly recommended. They will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved. No risk at all.
6. What if my visa gets rejected? What should I do?
You can file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy.
I hope you now know how to apply for a Schengen Luxembourg Visa. With a historic capital, Fairytale castles, and abundant nature, Luxembourg is a place you will truly be mesmerized at. In case you need help with your visa application, you can get our visa application bundle service. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!