Want to travel to the Czech Republic? Check out our guide for Filipinos about applying for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa with your Philippines passport.
Czechia is a European Country and most popular because of its capital Prague. This historic city which is a UNESCO Heritage site reminds me of classical music. It is also surrounded by many castles and gorgeous mansions. Fall in love with this country through the stunning scenery and fascinating culture.
If you really want to this landlocked nation, here’s a guide on how to apply for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa with your Philippine Passport. This will be your key to traveling most of Europe!
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
- 5 Things You Will Want To Know Before Visiting Prague, Czech Republic
- List of the Best Hostels in Czech Republic
Czech Embassy in the Philippines
Embassy of the Czech Republic in the Philippines (Manila)
Address: 30/F, Rufino Pacific Tower, 6784 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Contact number: (+63/2) 88179191
Email Address: email@example.com
Visa Application is at the VFS Center in Manila or Cebu.
Who can apply for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa in the Philippines
- If you are only visiting the Czech Republic or Slovakia in the Schengen Area;
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in the Czech Republic or Slovakia the longest
- Or if your first entry is in the Czech Republic and you’ll go other Schengen Countries in equal length
Main Requirements in Applying for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa for Tourists
1. Schengen Visa Application Form – completed and signed by the applicant (or by a parent in case of minors)
2. Valid Passport and copy – must be valid 3 months after the visa expiration and with 2 blank pages. Include a photocopy of the biopage.
3. Colored photo – 35 x 45 mm with white background, it must be not older than 6 months
4. Original Medical Insurance Policy – It should be applicable for all Schengen States and cover the entire stay or transit period of the person. The minimum is EUR 30,000 /PHP 2,5 million / USD 50,000. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this!
5. Trip Confirmation (original and copy)
- For organized tours – tour voucher with confirmation of host. The voucher must have the applicant’s name, passport details, payment (prepayment or full payment), inviting the organization’s stamp, and a sign of a responsible person
- Private Tours – Hotel reservation or booking and detailed plan of Travel
- Day-to-day itinerary
6. Transport Confirmation
- Round ticket reservation with the applicant’s name and reservation number. It is not required to pay or buy the ticket until a visa is granted.
- If by car, an international driver’s license, vehicle documents with its original insurance
7. Proof of employment, activity, or income
- Certificate of Employment (Original) – must contain applicant’s position, salary for 6 months, hired date and approved leave with the name and position of the signatory as well as contact and registration details of the company. You can also use a No Objection Letter.
- Certificate of Registration
- Tax Declaration
- Pension Certificate
- Confirmation of Leave of absence from school
- Student’s record-book
- Letter of explanation as to why you are unemployed
- Copy of the previous workbook
8. Proof of sufficient funds
- Bank account, bank statement (original) for the last 3 months
- Bank Certificate
- Traveler’s checks with the applicant’s name (original and copy)
- If sponsored – Sponsorship letter notarized stating that sponsor covers the entire period requested and copy of bank transactions
How to Apply for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa
STEP 1: Gather all the requirements required
STEP 2: Book an appointment at the VFS Global.
Visa Application Center – Manila
Ground Flr., Ecoplaza Building
2305 Don Chino Roces Ave, Extension,
Makati, Metro Manila
Czech Republic Visa Application Center – Cebu
Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center
Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
STEP 3: On your schedule, proceed to the VFS Application Center. Submit your visa application with required and supporting documents.
STEP 4: Pay the Fees and get your biometrics taken.
STEP 5: Wait for the decision. You will be contacted once a decision has been made.
STEP 6: Claim your passport at the VAC from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. You can also get it through courier.
Fees for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa in the Philippines
VFS Service Fee: PHP 700
Visa Fee: PHP 4,510 (EURO 80)
For 6-12 years: PHP 2,260 (EURO 40)
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application. They may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Czech Republic Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can stay in Czechia and the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days for a 180 day period.
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need to buy a plane ticket before my application?
No, you only need a confirmed booking with a PRN. Renting a flight is highly recommended; we have this service available.
5. What is the best insurance to use?
AXA Schengen is highly recommended. They will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved. No risk at all.
6. What if my visa gets rejected? What should I do?
You can file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy.
I hope you now know how to apply for a Schengen Czech Republic Visa. Be in the heart of Europe – enjoy the castles, unique culture, and unlimited tasty beers. In case you need help with your visa application, you can get our visa application bundle service. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!