Dubai is one of the best places to live in the world. Imagine living and working in one of the richest and safest places to be! Though not the whole United Arab Emirates does not offer you opportunities to work remotely, Dubai does. Here’s a guide on How to Work Remotely From Dubai, UAE, or get a Dubai Digital Nomad Visa.
UAE’s most populous city is Dubai, and one of the top most-visited cities in the world. With ancient and modern attractions, you will definitely enjoy great things here. Shop, tour, eat and relax in this marvelous city. As they say, it’s a great place to mix business with pleasure!
- 40+ Websites to Find Digital Nomad Jobs – Work Wherever You Want
- 7 Romantic Things to Do in Dubai, UAE for Honeymooners
- 20 Best Laptops for Digital Nomads and Traveling [With Prices]
- 7 Unconventional Places to Visit in Dubai, UAE
- 10 Best Skills Required for Digital Nomads To Have a Great Work and Life Balance
Quick Facts on Dubai Digital Nomad Visa (Virtual Working Programme)
Length of Stay: One Year
Where to Apply: Online or in Dubai
Fees: USD 287 plus medical insurance and processing fee per person
Things you need to know for Dubai Digital Nomad Visa (Virtual Working Programme)
- You can come with a tourism visa to Dubai and apply when you are ready
- In case you are in Dubai, you may receive COVID-19 Vaccinations free of charge
- You can’t go out of the country for more than 6 months continuously, or else your visa will be nullified
- Minimum monthly income should be about USD 5000
Requirements for a Dubai Digital Nomad Visa (Virtual Working Programme)
1. Passport – valid for at least 6 months
3. Proof of Employment or Business
- Employment Contract with one-year validity, if Employed
- Proof of Ownership of Business for one year or more, if Business Owner
- Minimum monthly salary or income of USD 5,000
- Bank Statement for the last 3 months
4. Passport photo – Digital Copy, with white background, Size 45x35mm
How to Apply for a Dubai Digital Nomad Visa (Virtual Working Programme)
STEP 1: Check if you are eligible and interested. Have your documents ready.
STEP 2: Go to this website and click “Apply Now.”
STEP 3: Enter your details and click “Apply Now.”
STEP 4: Check your e-mail. You will be given instructions there.
STEP 5: Send an e-mail to [email protected] and attach the requirements.
STEP 6: Your requirements will be reviewed by Al Rais Travel Agencies LLC, the official partner of Dubai’s Tourism & Commerce Marketing. You will be given instructions on how much you will pay and how to pay. Fees will depend on your citizenship and your location.
STEP 7: Pay the fees.
STEP 8: Wait for the decision that your visa is granted. Once you have it, you can enjoy working remotely in Dubai!
Frequently Asked Questions for Dubai Digital Nomad Visa
1. How long will the application be processed?
It is not yet stated on their website.
2. How long can I stay?
You can stay there for a year.
3. Do I need to have a return ticket?
There’s no need to have a return ticket as you might stay longer.
4. Can I go in and out of Dubai?
Yes, you may go in and out. However, you can’t go out for more than 6 months as your visa will be nullified.
5. Can I bring my dependents to Dubai?
Currently, it’s for the applicant. The authorities are still having talks with the immigration.
6. What are the added benefits?
If you live here, you can be a bit like residents, with phone lines, resident ID Cards, rent accommodation, enroll your children in schools, and get a free COVID-19 Vaccination.
7. Is this renewable?
As it’s only good for one year, you can re-apply again.
Those are what you need to know and how you can apply for a Dubai Digital Nomad Visa. Dubai is indeed a great place to be; it’s safe and offers you a lot of entertainment and ease. You also have great perks as a resident, too, like a free vaccine. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and I fell in love with the experience. I aim to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, taking pictures, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!