If you want to travel to Lithuania, check out our guide for Filipinos about applying for a Schengen Lithuania Visa with your Philippines passport.
On the east of the Baltic Sea is a gorgeous country named Lithuania. With a high standard of living and safety, Lithuania is such a dream to visit and live in. Hot air balloons, biking, and bird watching are very popular activities in this country. You will have so much to enjoy and explore.
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
- A 3-Day Itinerary In Vienna, Austria and my Luxury Stay Experience at Hotel Das Triest
- List of The Best Luxury Hotels in Austria
If you really want to visit Lithuania, here’s a guide on how to apply for a Schengen Lithuania Visa for Filipinos. There is no embassy here in the Philippines, but it is represented by Austria Embassy. I hope this guide will be helpful for your exploration of this part of the world.
Table of Contents
Lithuania Fun Facts
- The country’s language, Lithuanian, is older than Greek, Latin, and Celtic
- Storks are the national bird of Lithuania, and there are more than ten thousand pairs found in the country
- Internet in Lithuania is one of the fastest in the world, it even ranked first in 2011
- Hannibal Lecter, the famous fictional character who is a cannibal and serial killer, was Lithuanian-American
- Lithuania is one of the Baltic Countries with Estonia and Latvia
Representation in the Philippines
There is no Lithuanian Embassy in the Philippines, it’s represented by Austria.
Austrian Embassy Manila
Address: 8th floor, One Orion Building, 11th Avenue corner 38th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Contact number: (+63/2) 88179191
Email Address: [email protected]
Visa Application is at the VFS Center in Manila or Cebu rather than at the Embassy.
Who can apply for Schengen Lithuania Visa in the Philippines
- If you are only visiting Lithuania or Austria in the Schengen Area;
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Lithuania the longest
- Or if your first entry is in Lithuania and you’ll go to other Schengen Countries in equal length
Main Requirements in Applying for Schengen Lithuania Visa for Filipino Tourists
Print this checklist as you will also need this for your application.
2. Passport-Sized Photo – 3.5 X 4.5 cm, recently taken with light background according to ICAO guidelines
3. Valid Passport – valid for a minimum of 3 months after the expiration of visa with at least 2 blank pages
4. Passport copy – of the bio-page and a copy of your previous Schengen Visa(s) and for minors, the bio-page of guardian’s passport
5. Itinerary – a detailed stay in the entire Schengen area, with dates and tours, etc.
6. Flight Reservation – a ticket is not required to be bought but you can have a reservation.
8. Proof of Accommodation or Hotel Bookings – you must print them in a maximum of two pages
9. Proof of Transportation – e.g., flight, bus, or train reservations; according to the itinerary
10. Proof of Occupation
- Employed – Certificate of Employment and Approved Leave of Absence
- Self-Employed – DTI/SEC Registration, ITR, Business FS
- Student – proof of enrolment and if leaving while there are classes – Certificate leave of absences.
11. Proof of Financial Means
- Original Bank Certificate
- Bank Statements or bank books – for the last 3 months
12. Proof of Will to Return – proof of economic and family ties in the Philippines
Supporting Documents for your Application
For dependent spouse and children:
Minors (below 18):
- Affidavit of support or consent of parents or guardian, especially the non-traveling parent
- PSA copy of Birth Certificate
- If guardian, proof of guardianship
- DSWD clearance
How to Apply for Schengen Lithuania Visa for Filipinos
STEP 1: Gather all the requirements for your application.
STEP 2: Schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center near you. You can book here. Choose from:
Visa Application Center – Manila
Ground Flr., Ecoplaza Building
2305 Don Chino Roces Ave, Extension,
Makati, Metro Manila
Austria Visa Application Center – Cebu
Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center
Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
STEP 3: On the day of your appointment, go to the VFS Application Center with your requirements. Pay the fees.
STEP 4: Wait for the decision. You will be contacted once a decision has been made.
STEP 5: Claim your passport at the VAC or through a courier (with an additional fee.)
Fees for Schengen Lithuania Visa in the Philippines
(Rates as of August 2022)
VFS Service Fee: PHP 2,324 for the logistics fee
Visa Fee: PHP 4,488 (EURO 80)
For 6-13 years: PHP 2,244 (EURO 40)
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application and may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Lithuania Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can stay in Lithuania and the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days for a 180 day period.
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need to buy a plane ticket before my application?
No, you only need a confirmed booking with a PRN. Renting a flight is highly recommended; we have this service available.
5. What is the best insurance to use?
6. What if my visa gets rejected? What should I do?
You can file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy.
I hope you now know how to apply for a Schengen Lithuania Visa in the Philippines with your Passport. You can enjoy the scenic views and fun activities this nation offers. In case you need help with your visa application, you can get our visa application bundle service. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!