Learn more about how you can cancel your reservation with Virgin Atlantic. When sudden things got out of your control and you can’t do anything about it, sometimes even our planned trip gets affected. We understand the frustration. Especially when you’re really excited about your trip but you don’t have any choice but to cancel your travel.
Fortunately, most airlines offer cancellation and refunds in order to provide passengers the awesome customer service.
However, you also need to remember that there are things to remember before you cancel your reservation. Each airline has a different cancellation policy (but most are just the same). In this article, we will focus on Virgin Atlantic. We’ll tell you how you can cancel your reservation on Virgin Atlantic and if you’re entitled to refunds.
Virgin Atlantic Cancellation Policy
- You need to book your reservation with Virgin Atlantic via online or service center to be able to cancel your booking.
- Passengers are entitled to a full refund for a refundable ticket without paying any charges if they made the cancellation within 24 hours of purchase.
- If the cancellation was made after 24 hours of the purchase, an additional cancellation fee will be applied.
- If the passenger purchased a discounted ticket and canceled it, no refund will be provided.
- If the passenger’s reservation is non-refundable, they can still cancel it and claim for a refund if any part of the reservation was used.
Refundable and Non-Refundable Ticket
- If you have a refundable ticket and have not used any of it, you can request a refund of the entire amount paid (including any taxes, fees, and charges).
- If your ticket is refundable, have used part of it, and there is no applicable restriction on your ticket, Virgin Atlantic will refund the difference between the amount you paid and the amount relating to the unused part of your ticket. They will not deduct an administration fee to make this refund.
- Some tickets are available at discounted fares and may be partly or completely non-refundable when you cancel your booking. If you need flexibility, make sure you choose a ticket that’s suitable for your needs.
- If you purchased a non-refundable ticket, you should take out travel insurance in case you need to cancel.
- If your ticket is non-refundable and you do not use all or part of it, you can still request a refund of taxes, fees and charges imposed by a government, other authority or airport operator, and Government Scheme Costs.
- Virgin Atlantic will deduct an administration fee of no more than £30 per passenger (£3 per infant) from your refund.
- If your ticket is canceled due to the death or illness of a passenger, a member of the immediate family of the passenger or travel companion, Virgin Atlantic will not deduct an administration fee.
- If you can’t travel due to an uncontrollable event, you need to provide proof. You may rebook onto another flight on a different date or to a different destination. Fare difference may apply. There will be no deduction fee.
Steps on How to Cancel Reservation on Virgin Atlantic
Step 1: Visit Virgin Atlantic’s main website.
Step 2: Select “My booking”.
Step 3: Enter your surname and booking number.
Step 4: Choose the booking that you want to cancel from the list of booked flights.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your flight.
Virgin Atlantic Contact Services
Customer Service and Reservations: +44 (0)344 874 7747 (Open 24/hours day)
Flight Information: +44 (0)344 209 7770
Special assistance: +44 (0)344 481 4455 (Open Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm and bank holidays)
Flying Club: +44 (0)344 412 2414
For International Contacts:
Reservations/Flight Information: +1 800 862 8621 (Open 24/hours day)
Special assistance: +1 888 747 7474
Flying Club: +1 800 365 9500
Reservations: +1 800 744 7477 or Barbados: +1 246 228 4886 (Open 24/hours day)
Flying Club: +1 800 744 7477
Reservations and Customer services: +33185169351 (Open 24/hours day)
Reservations and Customer services: +302112111591 (Open 24/hours day)
Reservations and Customer services: +34930039917 (Open 24/hours day)
Reservations and Customer services: +498006273001 (Open 24/hours day)
To see the full list of Virgin Atlantic’s contact details, check them here.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
About the Writer
Hi there! I’m Fatima. My first major travel was in 2016 in the beautiful city of Cebu. After that, I got interested in traveling. Now I enjoy learning languages and other country’s cultures. My goal is to visit at least one country each year and to share my experiences with other people through writing or blogging. Witness my journey by following me on Instagram.