Hungary, not Hungry, is a landlocked nation in Central Europe. This beautiful country boasts of castles and buildings from medieval styles to neoclassical ones. With amazing lakes, clean cities, and scenic views, this is one of the greenest countries in the world. Its capital, Budapest, is an affordable European destination, too! You can see a Dracula-inspired castle at Vajdahunyad Castle, have a Thermal Bath, or just bask in the views it has to offer.
Philippines Passport Holders need to have Schengen Hungary Visa. There is an Embassy of Hungary in Manila and three consulates all over the Philippines. However, you need to pass your visa application at the Hungary Visa Application Center. You can book your appointments online through VFS.
Read our visa application guide for a Schengen Visa for Hungary for Philippine Passport Holders:
Other Articles You Can Read:
- How to Get a Five Year Multiple Entry Schengen Visa for Filipino Citizens
- How To Provide Proof of Onward Travel – Rent a Flight Ticket
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
- Backpacking in Budapest – List of the Best Backpacker Hostels in Budapest, Hungary
- Complete List of Recommended Best Cheap Hotels and Backpacker Hostels in Hungary
Embassy and Consulates of Hungary in the Philippines
8th Floor, Del Rosario Law Centre,
21st Drive corner 20th Drive, Bonifacio Global City,
1630 Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Telephone Number: +63 (0) 2 810 9186
Email Address: [email protected]
760 2nd Street, Balibago, Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines:
Telephone Number: 8811 55 19, 8811 55 21 trunk 303
Honorary Consulate, Cebu City
Doña Emilia Benedicto Building, 7 E. Benedicto Street, 6000 Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Telephone Number: 255-3200
Honorary Consulate, Davao City
0101 Corner Davao-Basilian Streets, Insular Village Phase 2, Lanang, Davao City 8000, Philippines
Telephone Number: 327-1564
Please note that Visa Applications are not at the Embassy or Consulates but at VFS Application Centers.
Who can apply for a Schengen Hungary Visa in the Philippines
- For those who are only visiting Hungary in the Schengen Area;
- For those who are traveling around the Schengen Area but stays in Hungary the longest
- Or for those whose first entry is in Hungary but you’ll go to other Schengen Countries in equal length
Requirements in Applying for a Schengen Hungary Visa for Tourists
THERE SHOULD BE TWO SETS OF THIS – 1 ORIGINAL AND 1 COPY. Please print this checklist for your application.
1. Schengen Visa Application Form must be duly completed and signed
2. Passport-sized photo – it must be recent (not less than 6 months), colored with white background
3. Valid Passport – must be valid at least 6 months beyond expiration from your return, it must have at least 2 blank pages
4. Consent Background Verification
5. Copy of Passport Pages – submit a copy of the passport bio page and all visas. If minor, the passport of a parent or legal guardian
6. Detailed itinerary for a stay in the Schengen Area – It must be a day-to-day itinerary with dates of stay per country
7. Proof of Travel
- Travel Insurance – It should be applicable for all Schengen States and cover the entire stay or transit period of the person. The minimum is EUR 30,000 /PHP 2.5 million / USD 50,000. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this!
- Flight Reservation – Round ticket reservation with the applicant’s name and reservation number. It is not required to pay or buy the ticket until the visa is granted.
- Proof of Transportation – train, bus, car, plane tickets or reservation when traveling to other Schengen Areas
- Proof of Accommodation – hotel or Airbnb bookings, etc.
8. Proof of Financial Means
- Original Bank Certificate
- Original Bank statements or credit card statement for the last 3 months
9. Proof of Occupation
For those employed:
- Certificate of Employment with position, salary, years or months of service
- Original Leave of Absence
- Income Tax Return
- DTI or SEC Certificate of Registration
- Income Tax Return
- Financial Statement
- Photo of Business Establishment
- Google Map and Street View
- Proof of Enrollment
- Leave of Absence from School
10. Proof of return
- Proof of economic ties
- Proof of family ties
11. Visa Fee
The Visa fee is Php 4,507 exclusive of a VFS service fee of Php 890.00.
How to Apply for a Schengen Hungary Visa
STEP 1: Gather all the documents stated above.
STEP 2: Schedule an appointment with VFS Global.
On the site:
- Log-in or go to “New User” to register.
- Click the schedule for an appointment. Fill in the details and click “continue.”
- Add the applicants.
- Select the preferred schedule and book your appointment.
- Print the appointment letter and bring it to your appointment.
STEP 3: Submit your visa application with required and supporting documents at the Hungary Visa Application Centre on the day you set an appointment.
STEP 4: Pay VFS visa fee and service fees.
STEP 5: Have your biometric data were taken (photograph and fingerprints).
STEP 6: Track your application.
STEP 7: Receive your passport via the application center or courier. Copy of the bio-page of your passport and receipt when claiming; you can claim it in the center from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays.
Fees for a Schengen Hungary Visa in the Philippines
VFS Service Fee: PHP 890 for applicants 6 years old and above
Visa Fee: EURO 80 (PHP 4507)
For 0-11 years: EURO 40 (PHP 2254)
Processing time: It is usually 15 days. However, the Embassy may take up to 45 days to process your application and may ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Schengen Hungary Visa
1. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
90 days maximum.
2. How long does a visa application usually take?
A visa application usually takes up to 15 days. However, in some cases, the Embassy may take 45 days of processing time and ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
3. Do I need to apply personally?
Yes, except when the applicant is below 12 years old, biometrics are taken, so you are required to visit the application center.
4. Where exactly is the Visa Application Center?
Hungary Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg.
Don Chino Roces Ave., Makati City, Metro Manila
2. Is an interview mandatory?
It is not necessary. However, you may be called for an interview at the Embassy if they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
3. Should I submit a cover letter?
It is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended. A Cover Letter can help you explain your situation and circumstances to the Visa Officer.
4. Do I need a Paid Flight Booking?
No. Only a CONFIRMED BOOKING is required. Our Rent-A-Flight Service is the best for this. For just 1,600 Pesos, you can get a LEGITIMATE and CONFIRMABLE booking.
5. What company do you recommend for the insurance?
AXA Schengen! The best thing about them is they will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved.
6. My visa is rejected! What remedy do I have?
You can either file a Remonstrance Letter or submit another application from another EU Embassy. Click here to view full remedies in case of visa denial and what you can do to avoid it.
This charming country, Hungary, is a place you should definitely visit when going to Europe. It is so picturesque and gorgeous; you would gaze at the buildings or the views for hours without much stress. It’s quite cheap compared to other European countries like France, Italy, or Germany.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!