Last 2015, I was in Hongkong with my best friend who I haven’t seen for like 5 years. I was a newbie traveler then and my fear of flying was soon replaced by excitement as soon as I boarded the aircraft. At 26 years old, I was finally going to be on the happiest place on earth– Disneyland!! I’ve been dreaming about being here since I was young and the fact that I’m finally flying to the country where it is, it drove me crazy!
THE LOVELY THINGS WE DID IN HONG KONG
We spent a total of 5 days there. The number one our list is Disneyland of course. Embarking on the Disney Train already gave me all the chills it actually felt like I took a dose of happy pills! Let’s not even talk about the moment I saw the parade and the most memorable fireworks I’ve seen in my entire life. I was almost crying then haha.
We also went shopping and walking around the Jordan Night Street and Temple Street Night Market. I swear I could spend the entire night just walking around this area. I love bargains, street food, and getting discounts! We also took a day trip to Macau where we saw The Venetian and St. Paul’s Ruins alongside other beautiful hotels. We got the chance to play the Casino in some lavish hotels but unfortunately, we lost. Haha! So much for gambling, so we just partied at Lan Kwai Fong that night where we met very cool locals and foreigners. The next day, we visited Lintao Island, took a cable car to Ngong Ping Village, and stopped at Toi A Fishing Village. It was a tight itinerary because right after that, we went straight to The Peak where we got a splendid view of the city.
THE REASON WHY I WANT TO COME BACK
One addition to the list of my “bestest” friends is my husband. I am now married to this hardworking, loyal, and very handsome partner who deserves all the good things in the world. He’s the reason why I want to come back to Hong Kong. He’s a very good provider and for all the hard work he’s doing, I believe he needs a break and he deserves a treat from me!
SAVE A LOT ON HOTELS AND FLIGHTS USING WEGO TRAVEL
For now, I don’t really have a stable job as we just moved to Paris. I have some savings and I’d love to spend it on our little trip but just like all of you, I need good deals for this. I am looking at this website called Wego Travel and I was surprised at how cheap the flights are. A roundtrip flight from Paris CDG to Hong Kong is only 456 Euros per head via Lufthansa (which is a very good airline) while the famous Skyscanner is giving me a quotation of 527 Euros per head via Jet Airways. I have never tried Lufthansa and I would love to try one of the best airlines in the world with my husband! Excuse me as I book this flight :p
For the total R&R which my husband loves, I’m looking at Somerset Victoria Park via Wego Travel Website and I got a very good deal. This website instantly compares the prices from all the booking apps and I found a very good deal of 111 Euros per night. This is a very good deal I’m sure my husband is gonna love it! You can also find more deals on their website and other details to enjoy free tours by Cathay Pacific!
WHAT WE WANT TO DO IN HONG KONG FOR THE WINTER
Winter is not everyone’s favorite season but I’d love to spend Valentine’s Day here. Also, we think winter in Hong Kong is much better than winter in Paris. Haha! Anyway, here are some things we’re looking forward to:
- Go shopping!- My husband is very stingy. He buys only what he thinks is needed. He’d always rather buy things for me than for himself which makes me guilty most of the time. I’d love to buy him a nice pair of shoes here as shoes in Hong Kong is a lot cheaper than most of the countries.
- Walk around the Stanley Night Market- We both can survive without an itinerary other than night markets. We love this! For a change, I want to take him to this quaint fishing village where there are a lot of souvenir shops and restaurants.
- Take a cruise at Victoria Harbour- I know winter isn’t the best time for a cruise but why not?! We’d love to see the dazzling city lights while on a cruise!
- Enjoy the rides at the Ocean Park- I have a massive fear of heights but with the reward of the scenic views on top, I think I’ll be fine. I think this is a place which screams fun.
- Have a Valentine Dinner at The Lounge & Bar at Ritz-Carlton Hotel- It’s not very often that we get to have fancy food and drinks and Valentine’s Day is a good excuse to splurge. A good wine with a magnificent view? Yes, please!
- Take a trip to Stanley- For a city break, we’d love to go to the Southern Part of Hong Kong to get a view of beaches, hills, and coves. They have a nice promenade where we can go for a walk, a nice market where we can go shopping a little, and a spectacular view. This is definitely a must for us!
I am so looking forward to seeing how everything changed since the last time I was there. I bet it’s gonna be lovely since this time, I’ll see it from the eyes of a married woman with my husband by my side. Wow, it has been 3 years already. Time really flies! What about you? What country do you want to keep on coming back to? 🙂
ABOUT THE WRITER
Gladsy had her first ever plane ride when she was 22. She was literally dragged by her friend to catch a flight to Bangkok to conquer her fear of flying and the fear of being away. Since then, she never stopped wandering. Currently based in Djibouti with her french petit-ami, she gave up her small weekend trips in the Ph for big ones across the globe.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!