Win a set couple’s set of Travelpro luggage worth $920!
In 2013, before Kach and I had ever met, we each set off on the first stage of our new lives travelling the world. We travelled on a low budget, travelling only by bus, train, hitch hiking and later by motorbike – we were backpackers! Since then we have travelled together across 5 continents, building Two Monkeys Travel as we go.
One of the biggest changes in our lives has been in our travel lifestyle, from travelling by bus and staying in shared dorms in cheap hostels, we now travel mostly by car and often stay in luxury and boutique hotels – From Monkey Backpackers to Luxury Travellers! For many months we would show up in luxury hotels, dragging our dusty, wrinkled old backpacks behind us, and we realised that it was time for a change!
When we flew to Florida in December 2015 for our first ever US road trip, we drove to Boca Raton to meet with Travelpro International, one of the top luggage companies in world and provider of luggage to many of the world’s top airlines, their pilots and cabin crews. Airline staff fly more than anyone else and their luggage probably has to deal with more than any other luggage in the world, so it has to be the toughest, lightest and most efficient luggage in the world. So it sounded like the perfect luggage for our travelling lifestyles!
When we met with Scott from Travelpro, we learned the company’s original founder actually invented the world’s first ever properly-functioning roll-on luggage. That’s pretty impressive when you stop and think about all of the rolling luggage that now travels around the world all day, every day.
We decided to work together to find out if Travelpro luggage could handle the kind of travel we do and the wear and tear that goes along with that, so they gave us our choice of their entire luggage range! Kach chose a stylish Crew 10 – 21” Hardside Spinner, while I tried to retain a little bit of the backpacker within me, with a T Pro Bold – 30” duffel bag, made out of tough, durable canvass type material, with two big wheels which allow it to be dragged across pretty rough surfaces.
Our new bags travelled with us all the way from the US to Colombia, to Istanbul, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Morocco, Israel and finally back to the USA again (California, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon in Arizona), all in just three months. The bags were really put through their paces through deserts, over mountains and across the oceans. They’ve been thrown in trucks, trains, pickups and buses, dragged through sand and snow, not to mention the weekly beatings from airline baggage handling. After three months of constant and taxing travel, aside from a few cosmetic marks, the luggage is in great shape and still working perfectly, which given what we’ve put it through is quite an achievement!
Because we know first-hand how Travelpro luggage handles our type of travel and the challenges that come with that, we went back again to Travelpro a few days ago to meet up with Scott and continue with our amazing partnership.
Because Kach and I are approaching our three year anniversary of traveling together, we are starting with an awesome ‘Love and Travel Story giveaway contest with Travelpro, for the chance to win a couple’s set of Crew 10 21” Hardside Spinners (2 pieces) of Travelpro® luggage, valued at $920 (Retail price) for you and your partner!
You know all about our love and travel story, now we want to hear yours! Tell us how you and your life and travel partner met, got together, travel together, your greatest and most challenging moments together. Share your amazing love and travel story to enter and have a chance to win. Check out the contest rules below – Good luck! (We have more giveaways coming soon!!)
One winner will receive a couple’s luggage set of Crew 10 21” Hardside Spinners (2 pieces) of Travelpro® luggage, valued at $920 for you and your partner!
Any couples around the world can enter but FREE SHIPPING is only valid within USA 50 States (see the Terms and Conditions below). If you’re based outside USA, you will have to cover the shipping cost.
STEP 1: Place your comments on BOTH this article post (text only, no photos) and this Facebook status about your Love and Travel Story with your SIGNIFICANT OTHER. (How did you meet? Your most memorable travel story? Things you’ve learned?). Stories should be 100 to 200 words long.
You can share your favorite photos together on the Two Monkeys Travel Facebook status.
STEP 2: Two Monkeys Travel Group will share all the Love stories on a Facebook Album called Travelpro: Traveling Couple’s Giveaway Contest.
STEP 3: The 10 Most Popular – liked and commented love stories on the Facebook Photo Album will be chosen to be the finalists. The final winner will be chosen by Two Monkeys Travel Group and Travelpro International management.
Deadline of submission – April 14 to May 30
Finalist Judging (TMTG and Travelpro) – May 31, 2016
Announcement of Winner – June 7, 2016
Terms and Conditions – Official Rules 2016
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win.
- Contest Period: The Two Monkeys Travel Group and Travelpro International – Traveling Couple’s Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 4/14/16 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 5/31/16 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to anyone but a FREE Shipping is only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories, (the “Eligible Jurisdictions”), who are eighteen (18) years of age and older as of the date of their entry. Void outside the Eligible Jurisdictions or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all country, federal, state, local, and municipal laws. By entering the Contest, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Two Monkeys Travel Group, which are final and binding.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, enter the promotion through the Two Monkeys Travel Group Guidelines above. Incomplete Entries will not be eligible. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Promotional Site is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
- Grand Prize Final Judging: On or before seven (7) days after the end of the Contest Period (May 31, 2016) , one (1) grand prize judging will be performed, from among all eligible Entries received throughout the entire Contest Period, in order to select one (1) potential grand prize winner. Administrator, who is an independent judging organization, will conduct the Grand Prize Drawing. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize is available to be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”), once confirmed as detailed below, will receive a Crew 10 21” Hardside Spinner (2 pieces) of Travelpro® luggage valued at $920. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize, is the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. At the Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Notification/Acceptance: The potential winner must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept the Grand Prize and be confirmed as the official Winner. Sponsor or Administrator will attempt to notify the potential winner via phone and/or email, in accordance with the information provided upon registration, on or about one week after the Grand Prize Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential winner will be required to respond to such notification attempt and execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release within five (5) days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected, and the process will repeat itself. Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential winner two (2) times during the five (5) day period. At a later date, the guest will be obligated to fill out release documents, prior to taking the trip. If notification attempt(s) fail for any reason, or if the potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such prize may be forfeited, at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
- General Rules: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a selected potential winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential prize winner. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If any portion of these rules is deemed illegal, such portion will be replaced with a legal clause that most closely resembles Sponsor’s intent.
- Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Contest, release and agree to hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participating in this Contest in any manner, including but not limited to, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or in any Contest-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Each entrant, as well as the Winner and their guests, agree to indemnify the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and hereby acknowledges that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize herein. Additionally, the Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Contest, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Contest Entities are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the notification of the potential winner(s), or in any Contest-related materials. The Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all Entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bugs, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in it’s sole opinion, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site, and/or where they see fit. If Sponsor terminates the Contest prior to the end of the Contest Period, Sponsor will select the potential winner in random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTEST ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS CONTEST. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
- Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- Grant of Rights: Once confirmed as the Winner, the Contest Entities may use, display, distribute or publish such Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, address (city and state), biographical information, statements, and any material based thereon or derived there from, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, anywhere in the world in perpetuity in connection with this Contest, or as Contest Entities otherwise determine, in their sole discretion, and for purposes of advertising in trade or promoting/publicizing Sponsor, Promotional Partners, and their products and/or services, without compensation (where legal). Acceptance of a prize constitutes a waiver of any claims to compensation, royalties, or other remuneration for such use.
- Winners’ List: Two Monkeys Travel Group will be responsible in contacting the Winner after the Contest Period has ended.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Travelpro International, Inc., 700 Banyan Trail, Boca Raton, FL, 33431. The Promotional Partner is not a Sponsor of the Contest, and all marks are the property of their respective owners.