After our non-stop travels together from South America to Australia, I traveled solo again and decided to take our trips separately – as part of fulfilling our dreams. One of the countries that I went to during our individual trips was Hong Kong.
Check out some of the cool and cheap tours you could do in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong, if you must know, is one of the most visited countries of Filipinos for a number of reasons. One, you don’t need to secure a visa if you will stay for 14 days or less. Two, it’s just a short-haul flight from the Philippines – making the travel time easy to bear. Three, you get to see a lot of amazing spots in Hong Kong! I can list more things but I’ll leave it at that for now.
For this particular trip, I stayed in this luxurious property in Hong Kong called The Pottinger. And yes, I would recommend this most especially if you have a particular taste when it comes to elegance and beauty.
Table of Contents
Why should you stay at The Pottinger Hong Kong?
I got really surprised when they handed me the key for Hollywood Suite. It was big room and I got nobody to share it with. That’s when it hit me! Why not call someone that I know from Hong Kong and share the room? Good thing Ate Belle was available. It made my stay even better.
I was glad that we had complimentary in-room WiFi because I was able to work, post and even shared my room through live stream. I loved the fanciness and sophistication of the room. Everything was above the ordinary, from the big bed to the amazing view. The Pottinger will definitely exceed your expectation.
The Pottinger Hong Kong made sure that all rooms will deliver. Thus, it doesn’t matter which room type you choose because you would always get the comfort you deserve.
- Classic Rooms – The space is perfect for a solo traveler and couples. It has a king or twin bed with an amazing bathroom that will give you a serene stay.
- Deluxe Room – Get more space with the deluxe room, ideal if you are bringing a kid with you. Some rooms have their own bathtubs which I think little children adore. I remember my niece getting so giddy back in Manila in her own bathtub!
You may also get the best services if you check in at their Studio Suite and of course, the Pottinger Suite that screams elegance all over.
Other services include:
- Electronic Safe
- Acca Kappa Bathroom Amenities
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Foreign Currency Exchange
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning Service
- Luggage Storage
What I also love about this property is the restaurant choices which will keep any guest full for the entire day. Well, you will need that energy because going around Hong Kong, while extremely fun, can be exhausting!
- Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano – It is located at the Lobby floor of the hotel and their specialties are classic Italian dishes like Grilled Mediterranean Octopus with Citrus Salad on Hand-picked Baby Spinach Leaves”, “Rigatoni alla Norcina piccanti”, pasta with Tuscan sausage in spicy tomato sauce with a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese and ‘Spigola alle erbe al forno’, salt-crusted whole Italian line-caught sea bass with fresh aromatic herbs, ‘Classico Tiramisù del pasticcere’, a classic tiramisu with layers of Savio Ardis biscuit flavour with aramotto topped with mascarpone cream and cacao – just to name a few. I love the elegant ambiance of the place. It is like classic heritage combined with a modern twist. You can also hold special celebrations with their ‘private dining rooms’. Their opening hours are as follows: Breakfast (6:30 am – 10:30 am), Lunch (12:00nn – 3:00pm), Afternoon Tea (3:00pm – 6:00pm) and Dinner (6:30pm – 11:00pm)
- The Envoy – Whether you enjoy Afternoon Tea or you just want to try premium tea for the first time, The Envoy is just the right place for you. As paying tribute to Sir Henry Pottinger, they serve a list of non-conventional high-tea which they combine with their cocktails. They also host an executive lunch on weekdays and light dinners daily.
- Venchi – If you have a sweet-tooth or simply a Chocolate lover, Venchi is going to be your paradise. All of their recipes are original and authentic and has no preservatives added. They remained committed for the past 130 years in bringing their brand’s essence – which is to maintain the taste and quality of their products using the finest, most unique, most natural and extraordinary ingredients.
- Ta Vie旅 – If you like exploring new tastes and indulge your senses with fresh and seasonal ingredients, then this one is for you. As expertly prepared by Two Michelin-starred Chef Hideaki Sato, you can never go wrong with this. Reservation is needed.
- Business Corner – The Pottinger takes care of their business travelers by providing unlimited WiFi, a handy smartphone with Free IDD calls (selected countries) and local mobile data. You don’t have to worry if you visit Hong Kong simply for business. The property has everything you need.
- Fitness Center – The Pottinger also makes sure that you stay fit and healthy by giving you complimentary access to EPIC MMA Fitness at 1/F, China Building, 29 Queen’s Road Central, Central for use of gym equipment. Please note that the location of the Fitness Center is subject to change without prior notice. Feel free to contact the hotel reception anytime.
- Transportation – If you would rather take a private car than experiencing the MTR, you can always ask the hotel for a shuttle service ensuring that you get to your meetings on time.
Area Guide near The Pottinger Hong Kong
Use the search box below to find the best day trips in Hong Kong
The Pottinger Hong Kong is quite accessible to a lot of sights. Your Hong Kong trip will be incomplete without visiting at least one of these highlights.
- Hong Kong Park – This 8-hectare park green haven is located on the border of shiny and extraordinary skyscrapers. If you like nature tripping then you should visit the walk-through aviary, a greenhouse, fountains, lily ponds, playgrounds and a restaurant.
- Government House – If you like to see a fine example of early colonial architecture in the middle of Hong Kong’s ultra-modern high-rise infrastructures, then you got to visit this place. Government House became home to the HKSAR Chief Executive in 2005.
- Central Pier – Getaways To The Outlying Islands – If you are into island hopping you can visit the Central Pier where most of Hong Kong ferry services depart. You can visit different beautiful outlying islands of Peng Chau, Cheung Chau, Lamma Island, Ma Wan and Lantau Island. The Central Pier is just about 15-minute walk from the Pottinger Hotel.
- Man Mo Temple – This is the largest temple in Hong Kong and just a 20-minute stroll from the Pottinger Hotel. Recognized as Grade I historic building, it is already a monument.
- The Peak – If you like to be thrilled while riding up to the mountain then this century-old Peak Tram is worth the trip. It is just a 15-minute walk from the Pottinger Hotel. It’s a 3.5-kilometer walk round the mountain where you can see the panoramic view of Victoria Harbour and the city.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Questions About The Pottinger Hong Kong
1. Where can you find the best rates for The Pottinger Hong Kong?
2. How many rooms and suites are there in The Pottinger Hong Kong?
The Pottinger Hong Kong has 68 fantastic luxury rooms to choose from.
3. What credit cards are accepted in the property?
They accept Mastercard, AMEX (American Express), JCB, and VISA.
4. Are pets allowed in the Pottinger Hong Kong Hotel?
Pets are not allowed but service animals are welcome.
5. What is the check-in time at The Pottinger Hong Kong?
Check-in time starts at 3 PM and ends at 5:30 PM.
6. What is the check-out time?
Check-out time at The Pottinger Hong Kong is at noon.
7. How much do rollaway/ extra beds cost?
Rollaway/extra beds are available for (approximately) HKD 550 per night. (Note: Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.)
8. How many floors do The Pottinger Hong Kong have?
The Pottinger Hong Kong Hotel has 19 floors that are well – thought of to complete your luxurious experience.
9. What are the languages spoken at The Pottinger Hong Kong?
English and Chinese are used in the property.
10. Is there a car park at The Pottinger Hong Kong?
There is no onsite parking at the hotel.
I stayed as a guest at The Pottinger Hong Kong Hotel. However, all opinions are based on my experience. AirAsia has partnered with Two Monkeys Travel in making this trip and hotel review possible.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!