A requirement for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) to travel abroad is an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). This is an Exit Pass for Filipinos who are working abroad. This helps ensure that they went to work abroad with legal requirements. You can now get a Balik Manggagawa Online!
Before, you need to line at the POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) to get an OEC. It can last for a whole day or two. Sometimes, during Christmas Season or Holy Week, POEA is closed. Many OFWs will apply an OEC after long holidays. You need to have the patience to get yours.
Luckily, there is now a Balik Manggagawa OEC Online Processing System, where you can get your OEC online. No more wasting time and money to go to the Office. You can get your OEC in the comfort of your home.
Register at the Balik Manggagawa Online
1. Go to bmonline.poea.gov.ph.
2. In the new user: Type in your information.
Click “I accept the Terms of Service” and read it. If you agree, click “Accept.”
Click Sign Me Up.
3. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you and click that link to activate your account.
You may now use your log-in details.
How to Apply for OEC in the Balik Manggagawa Online Processing System
1. Go to bmonline.poea.gov.ph.
2. Enter your log-in details – the e-mail address and password you entered during sign up.
3. Enter the last OEC issued to you and click “Submit.”
If OEC was recognized, and if you will be returning to your previous employer and jobsite will pop-up; click “Yes.”
“No,” if you will have a new employer or Jobsite.
If you forgot, then you click to a link to set an appointment.
4. Edit your profile:
- Personal Data
- Contract Particulars
- Legal Beneficiaries or Qualified Dependents (you may have more than one)
Save Changes on each. If you have corrections, you can “Edit” it.
5. Upload a picture on your profile.
6. Review your details.
Click “Acquire OEC or Exemption”
7. Enter your expected flight schedule.
- Please check your visa and passport if they are still valid
- Your flight must be within 60 days from the issuance of your OEC
- OEC/Exemption is used for a single exit only.
8. You will be asked if you are returning to the same employer and jobsite as before. Answer “Yes” or “No” to set an appointment.
The next steps will depend on your answer and your previous data in the Balik Manggagawa database.
Balik Manggagawa – Acquire an OEC Online
1. Click “Acquire OEC”
2. Choose the payment option
- Banks (over the counter)
- Banks (online)
- Mobile – You can pay thru GCash. Please read our GCash how-to guide for more details.
3. Pay the fee.
4. After payment, go back to the bmonline.poea.gov.ph.
Go to transactions and print OEC.
5. Click “Print Receipt” to print your OEC.
The picture was taken from POEA Youtube Instructional Video
Balik Manggagawa – OEC Exemption Online
1. Your profile will be assessed if you are exempted after confirmation.
2. There will be a message saying that you are exempted from getting an OEC and pay the processing fee.
The picture was taken from POEA website.
Balik Manggagawa – How to set an OEC Appointment Online
1. Choose the location where you want to have your appointment
2. Select a schedule and time that is vacant and Set Appointment.
3. Review the Balik Manggagawa Information sheet and “Print the appointment.”
4.Go to the POEA branch on the day of the appointment.
Bring the following during your appointment as per POEA BM E-mail:
- Balik Manggagawa Information sheet
- Original and photocopy of Passport
- Original and photocopy of valid visa or work permit
- Original and photocopy of the contract
For change employer, undocumented worker, and HSW, contact must be verified by POLO or Philippine Embassy.
Where are the POEA Branches for Balik Manggagawa OEC?
In the Philippines
POEA Main Office
EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
POEA Regional Center for Luzon
2nd Floor Kenny Plaza Quezon Ave
City of San Fernando, La Union
POEA Satellite Office – Tuguegarao City
Methodist Church Compound
Bonifacio St., Tuguegarao City
POEA Regional Extension Unit
G/F Gestdan Centrum
80 Bokawkan Road corner Upper P Burgos Baguio City
Satellite Office – Pampanga
3rd Floor, SM City Pampanga
Bgy. San Jose, Gapan- Olongapo Road corner NLEX
San Fernando City Pampanga
Satellite Office – Calamba City
Basement, Andenson Building II
Brgy. Parian Calamba City
Satellite Office – Oriental Mindoro
Unit B Sapphire Building, Roxas Drive cor Kamias St
Brgy Lumangbayan, Calapan City
POEA Office – Palawan
One-Stop Service Center for OFWs
2nd floor, Robinson’s Place, Puerto Princesa North Road
Puerto Princesa City
Satellite Office – Legaspi City
Ground Floor, Unit 102-103, ANST Bldg. Washington Drive
POEA Regional Center for Visayas
Ground Flr. DOLE Building (old Insular Building)
corner General Maxilom Ave and Gorordo Ave
Regional Extension Unit
RHEA GLYNDA D. CALANTAS
3rd Floor, Robinson’s Place – Iloilo
Ledesma corner Mabini Streets, Iloilo City
Satellite Office – Bacolod City
2/F, Gaisano Grand Bacolod City Mall
Araneta St., Singcang, Bacolod City
Satellite Office – Tacloban City
3/F Uytingkoc Building, Senator Enage Street
POEA Regional Center for Mindanao
2nd Floor, AMQ Building
corner Lakandula St., Dacudao Avenue
Agdao, Davao City
Regional Extension Unit
2nd Floor, Goodwill Center
Canelar, Zamboanga City
Regional Extension Unit
Ground Floor Trinidad Bldg.
Yacapin St., Cagayan de Oro City
Satellite Office – Koronadal City
Ground Floor, Nearby Executive Suites
Zulueta St., Koronadal City
Satellite Office- Butuan City
Door 2, Nimfa Tiu Bldg 7 JP Rosales Avenue
Satellite Office – Tawi-Tawi
Initiative for Tawi Tawi Area Devt. Foundation (ITAD) Bldg.
Old Housing Proj., Tubig Boh, Bongao, Tawi Tawi
Labor Assistance Centers (LAC)
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila)
- Mactan International Airport (Cebu)
- Francisco Bangoy International Airport (Davao)
Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLO)
- Los Angeles
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong
- Korea (Seoul)
- Cyprus (Nicosia)
- England (London)
- Greece (Athens)
- Spain (Madrid)
- Switzerland (Geneva)
- Bahrain (Mahooz)
- Israel (Tel-Aviv)
- Jordan (Amman)
- Lebanon (Baabda)
- Libya (Tripoli)
- Oman (Muscat)
- Qatar (Doha)
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Abu Dhabi
- Syria (Damascus)
FAQs on POEA Balik Manggagawa
1. Who are considered as Balik Manggagawa?
As per POEA Facebook page, a balik manggagawa is:
- Worker-on-Leave – an who is on vacation or on leave from employment under a valid and existing employment contract and who is returning to the same employer, regardless of any change in jobsite, to finish the remaining unexpired portion of the contract
- Rehire – a worker who was rehired by the same employer after finishing his/her contract and who is returning to the same employer, regardless of a change in jobsite.
- POLO registered worker – a returning worker whose employment contract was not processed with the POEA but was subsequently verified and registered with the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in the jobsite and who is returning to the same employer either as a worker-on-leave or rehire, regardless of any change in jobsite. Same employer/principal refers to the employer named in the employment contract previously processed with the POEA or registered with the POLO at the jobsite.
2. What are the POEA balik manggagawa Fees?
POEA processing fee – Php 100.00
OWWA membership fee – US$25 or its peso equivalent (per contract basis)
PhilHealth – Php 900.00 (good for 1 year coverage)
Pag-Ibig membership – Php 100 (minimum)
3. How long is the Balik Manggagawa OEC valid?
It is only valid for 6 months.
4. What if I lost my Balik Manggagawa OEC?
You can reprint it if you have an online account. However, if you can’t find it then you need to submit an Affidavit of Loss to the POEA for issuance of a certificate that will be used as travel exit clearance. You won’t be able to get exempted for a travel tax and airport terminal if you have lost your OEC.
5. My Balik Manggagawa OEC expired, and I haven’t used it, what will I do?
An expired OEC shall be replaced after you submit the old one and pay a processing fee of Php 100.00
6. Who can avail OEC Exemption of Balik Manggagawa?
As per GBR No. 12, S 2016, a Balik Manggagawa worker with employment visa/work permit, who has served or is serving his/her employment contract and is:
- returning to the same employer
- returning to the same job site
- has recorded in the POEA Database
7. I am supposed to be qualified for an exemption, but I was redirected to the appointment page, why is it?
It’s probably because of the following circumstances:
- BM workers returning to a different employer and/or Jobsite
- Watchlisted worker and/or OFW with a watchlisted employer
- OFWs returning to a restricted or non-compliant country
- Workers without POEA records / No record found / Discrepancy in any record
- Undocumented workers (i.e., Tourist to OFW, Dependent on OFW, Student to OFW, etc.)
- Sea-based workers who changed position to Landbased Worker
8. I forgot my e-mail and password. What do I do?
Contact System Administrator of POEA through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 02-7219496 / 02-7277778 / 02-7210785 / 09173257397.
With technological advancements, getting a Balik Manggagawa OEC or exemption is convenient and can be done online. Noon, kailangan mo mag-line at pumunta sa POEA, minsan sa main branch pa. Ngayon, sa bahay nyo nalang makakakuha na kayo ng OEC or if may appointment, selected date and time na. So mas mabilis. You can view and edit your details too!