While staying at a backpacker hostel, you should consider the things that you should bring. Here, we’ll give you an idea of what are the essential things to bring in a backpacker hostel.
While backpacking, budget is an essential issue. To suppress your budget, you can change your stay from star hotels to a hostel. Unfortunately, hostels don’t have a complete facility as a hotel since it’s a cheaper place. Well…you even need to share a room or bathroom with other travelers as well.
To make your stay in a hostel comfortable even though with the minimum facility, you can prepare these following things to ease your stay.
List of the Things To Bring While You’re Staying in a Backpacker Hostel
|Product Names||Product Images||About this Product||Price|
|Padlock||Try Forge bright padlock which is certified by TSA for luggage locks. The locks are equipped with a red light indicator, which lets you know when other people have opened your luggage. It’s not only suitable for luggage, but also suitcases, briefcases, gym lockers, purses, and other bags.|
|Easy to Dry Towel||You have a tight time schedule while traveling which drying a towel will be your last concern. Youphoria Outdoors provides a quick-dry and absorption towel that is specifically designed for travelers and gym enthusiasts. It has 3 different sizes that can be adjusted to your necessity. The duration of drying from full wet to ready to pack usually only needs 20 minutes under the sunrays.|
|Travel Size Toiletries||To store the toiletries, you need a proper bag for it, and you can get it from 42Travel. They made a hanging toiletry bag that can accommodate all of your toiletries. The bag is made from premium quality with fine design. The bag can be used by men or women, and it has a medium dimension (10 x 8 x 6 inches) and very portable.|
|Sleeping Aid||SIPWELL provides a sleep mask made from silk that, of course, has a soft texture. People usually use this mask for meditation or yoga and provide relief for dry eyes. It also comes with an adjustable strap, so it wouldn't be too tight or too loose.|
|Earbuds/Earplugs||When staying in a shared room, people come with various characteristics, and snore can disrupt your sleep. For this reason, you need to pack earplugs to block unnecessary noise so that you can still have a good quality sleep even though you're staying in a hostel. Try the Mudeela earplug that can reduce noise up to 32dB.|
|Flip-Flops/Sandals||Instead of shoes, flip-flops will be more comfortable to use while in a hostel. One of the most useful and comfortable is a classic flip-flop from Crocs. Crocs is a well-known footwear producer, especially for flip-flops and slip-on shoes. The flip-flop is made from 100% croslite, synthetic sole, and equipped with quick to dry features.|
|Dry Bag for Dirty Clothes||Earth Pak has a good waterproof dry bag. It’s perfect for travelers who have lots of mobility or for the outdoor enthusiast. The bag has several types of capacity that you can purchase based on your necessity, they're 10, 20, 30, 40, and 55-liter bag. And the most popular is the 10-liter bag.|
|Adapter||One of the most reliable brands for an adapter is Ceptics. It provides a travel adapter with 4 USB ports and 2 and 3 prongs that can be used in most countries in the world. It has A, C, G, and I adapter types that work in 110-250 AC power with a maximum current at 8A.|
|Multiple USB charger||Using a shared room makes you share almost every facility with your roommate, including the outlets. Bringing multiple chargers can help you save the time of charging the gadgets. You can try using the Hitrends’s USB charger which contains 8 USB ports that can be used at the same time, and 2 of the ports support quick charging features. It works in a wide voltage range of AC 110-240V and suitable for US and EU voltage. If it doesn’t support the power in the countries you visit, you can combine it with an adapter or power converter.|
|Pocket Wifi||Huawei is one of the most well known electronic producers with good reliability. The pocket Wi-Fi type E5577Cs-321 might be the best option for a portable Wi-Fi connector. It can work on 4G LTE connections in the EU, Asia, Middle East, Africa, and 3G connection globally.|
Pro’s and Con’s of Each Things
- Great durability.
- Another level of protection with 3 digit combination lock and key lock with open alert indicator.
- TSA Approved.
- Lightweight material, made from a zinc alloy body with no plastic points.
- Easy to use.
- Couldn’t open it once forgot the combination numbers.
- Lightweight, easy to pack, and portable.
- Easy to clean.
- Luxurious feel.
- Wicks sand and debris.
- Super absorption and fast drying features.
- Ultra-soft materials.
- Not delivering to some countries.
- Some of the product has poor stitches, but it’s just a rare case.
- It has a large capacity, enough for all toiletries.
- Compartments: 2 side pockets for small and medium things and 17 compartments with dividers and loop in every pocket on the inside of the bag.
- Durable seams and stable bottom.
- The empty bag is quite heavy (10.4 ounces).
- Not enough for a hairdryer.
4. Sleeping Aid
- High quality, super soft, and breathable material.
- Lightweight and fits perfectly.
- Increased rem sleep.
- Adjustable soft elastic strap.
- No need to wash.
- It can produce too much pressure on the eyes when the strap is not properly adjusted.
- Blocks the light completely. People with nyctophobia shouldn’t use it at all.
- Comfortable to wear without anyone discovering.
- Comes along with foam and silicone earplugs which can reduce up to 23dB noise.
- Package: 1 concert earplugs, 1 foam earplugs, and 1 silicon earplugs.
- Easy to store and clean.
- The small size earplug can be a little bit hard to remove for some people.
- Quick to dry.
- Thick sole that soft for the skin, but tough enough for a rough road.
- Unisex users.
- Not delivering to some countries.
- Double-check on the size before purchasing. It came too narrow for some peoples.
- Comes in several capacity options.
- Made from 500D PVC and waterproof certified..
- Available in various colors.
- Durable, comfortable, and sturdy.
- It comes with a waterproof phone pouch.
- The 10 and 20-liter bag only uses a single strap.
- 4 USB Port (2.4A)
- It can charge 5 devices at the same time with high speed.
- FCC CE ROHS certified safety system.
- Support worldwide sockets at 100-240V.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Do not use it for high power appliances, such as 110V hairdryer, curling iron, straightener, etc.
- No voltage converter.
- It doesn’t work in South Africa.
- Compact and handy.
- USB output is 5V and 10A (total).
- The length of the cable is 1.5m / 5 feet.
- Equipped with fire-resistant materials and surge and overload protection.
- Easy to use and durable.
- Some of the port doesn’t support quick charging features.
10. Pocket Wifi
- Works on 4G LTE and 3G connection.
- The download speed is up to 150 Mbps on 4G connection and 42.2 Mbps on a 3G connection. The upload speed is up to 5.76 Mbps.
- Uses 1500mAh replaceable battery with maximum work up to 6h and standby up to 300h.
- Standard 6-pin SIM card.
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n produce a hotspot connection for up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled clients.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Not delivering to some countries.
- SIM card is not included.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!