Do you want to get a taste of Santorini in Greece on a not-so-luxury budget? Well, here’s the answer – Camp Netanya or known as the Little Santorini of Batangas.
- List of the Best Budget Hotels and Beach Resort in Batangas, Philippines
- DIY Travel Guide Series: Overnight camping in Burot Beach, Batangas
- MOUNTAIN HIKING GUIDE: List of the Famous Mountains in the Philippines
- 10 Resorts Near Metro Manila for Team Building & Company Outings
- Metro Manila – 10 Weekend Getaways near Metro Manila
Travel Tips/Things to Remember:
You can book the overnight stay online in advance via Agoda. For less hassle of calling, arranging and emailing back and forth.
- No walk-ins accepted. Make sure to book in advance. Most of the time they are fully booked, especially weekends.
- There would be a time that you cannot contact them, or you would not receive any reply from them. Please be patient. They just recently opened the resort to the public, and they are not fully operational yet.
- Parking is for free.
- The resort is just small. If they are fully booked, expect the place to be crowded.
- They only have 11 available rooms for guests.
- The resort does not have a restaurant; however, they have a kitchen area where you may order something to eat/drink. They offer the traditional Filipino foods like tosilog and bulalo. They also have pizza, pasta, and sandwiches. Some meals are good for 2-3 persons. Price ranges from P150 to P350 per dish.
- You can bring your food and drinks. There is no corkage fee.
- You may bring raw foods and have the staff cook it for you for free. Utensils can be borrowed from the resort.
- There is a dining area, which can accommodate up to 20 – 25 persons (with two long tables) and it is air-conditioned.
- There is no lobby or reception area.
- The pool is divided into three areas: 4, 5 and 12 feet.
- There’s a comfort room/bathroom in the dining area which is available for day tour guests.
- Bath towels can be requested. Bring your toiletries.
- Wifi is available. You may request the password from the staff.
- Anilao’s beach is rocky. It is not ideal to swim at the beach. You may bring your aqua shoes.
- Expect an ongoing construction at the resort, especially in the parking area.
How to get there:
By Public Transportation
From Buendia or Cubao, take a Batangas bound bus. Tell the bus conductor to drop you off in Batangas Grand Terminal. Travel time is 2 to 3 hours. From there, ride a jeepney going to Mabini, Batangas and drop off at Mabini Crossing. Travel time is 1 hour. At the Crossing, ride a tricycle and tell the driver to drop you off at Camp Netanya. Travel time is 30 minutes.
- Day tour rate is P500.00 per guest. It includes the use of the resort’s amenities (swimming pool, comfort room/bathroom and dining area), kayaking and snorkeling. You may also use for free the umbrellas near the pool side. Please take note that currently, lockers are not available to secure your things. But if you opt to get a room, the rate is P2,500.00. You still need to pay the day tour fee per guest. The day tour is from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- For those who want to stay overnight, room rate is P5,000.00, good for two guests. An additional person who will stay in the same room pays P500.00 each. One room can accommodate up to 4 – 5 guests and additional mattress can be requested for a fee. Check-in time is 2 PM. Check out time is 12NN the next day.
Things to do:
- Enjoy their swimming pool.
- Kayaking and snorkeling.
- Take unlimited pictures.
LATEST UPDATE from Jhing Suelan (September 5, 2015)
About the Writer
A wannabe blogger. An explorer. A travelholic. She travels to experience the world. For her, travel now or never.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of the Place: Camp Netanya, Anilao, Mabini, Batangas, Philippines
Date of your Travel: August 03, 2015
Are you planning your awesome trip soon? Let us help you!
Check out the different travel services that we offer!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!