Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel in Taipei is the place to be when you want to impress or want to be impressed. Towering at 43 stories above the vibrant business district, it is the height of luxury that both business and leisure travelers are sure to enjoy.Its location is very convenient, in the center of town and only 15 minutes from the Taipei Songshan Airport. I took a public bus directly from the airport and they dropped me exactly in front of the hotel! Once I arrived, the marketing team (Ms. Wendy and Ms. Gloria) welcomed me for a quick tour and presented me with a nice welcome gift including two monkeys stuffed toys! WOW!
My stay was both pleasurable and relaxing in a grand corner suite overlooking Taipei 101. I particularly loved the eggs benedict at Li Bai Lounge and prefer it to the breakfast buffet. Do not miss the unlimited wine during happy hour, too!
Certainly, Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel is a most spectacular address in Taipei. Grand, opulent, and classy, this accommodation is sure to spoil and pamper you in every way possible.
Get the Royal Treatment at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel
Enthralling views greet you the moment you step inside your luxurious accommodation at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei. Each of the 420 guestrooms has large windows that present a picturesque view of the Taipei skyline.
Stylish and comfortable, every one charms you with its perfect blend of Eastern and Western design, with artworks inspired by the Sung Dynasty. You will certainly feel like a King or Queen! If you are looking for the best in class and sophistication, this is undoubtedly the place to be.
- Superior Room – Relaxation comes easy within these stylish rooms, 36 sq.m. in size each, designed with soft and light colors.
- Deluxe Room – Wake up to sweeping views of Taipei or the mountains from the comfort of your 40 sq.m. accommodation. Truthfully, space feels larger, thanks to the high ceilings that allow plenty of light in.
- Premier Room – Measuring 58 sq.m, the large windows and high ceilings within every room ensure you enjoy the best views of the city and mountains at every turn. Take advantage of the spacious living area with rotatable sofa chairs to soak in this beauty.
- Horizon Club Premier Room – Comfortable, modern, and spacious, this accommodation is 58 sq m of luxury. The panoramic views are hypnotic while the facilities spoil you to the hilt. These include a walk-in closet that connects to the bedroom with the bathroom, large French windows, convenient Nespresso coffee machine, and spacious sitting area with rotating sofa chairs and coffee table. Moreover, guests staying in this room have exclusive access to the Horizon Club Lounge and enjoy full privileges.
- Plaza Suite – This retreat is best for people seeking personalized attention and services. The one-bedroom suite delights with a separate living, meeting, and dining area, and guest bathroom, all in a spacious 72 sq m floor area. The deluxe bathroom features a motion-sensor toilet with an automatic flush feature. Elegant and bright, this suite pampers guests in every way. Access to Horizon Club Lounge is also afforded where services like daily breakfast, all-day beverages, snacks, and evening cocktails and canapés are available.
- Specialty Suite – Entertaining during your stay? The Specialty Suite has got you covered. Bright, open, and spacious at 136 sq m, this is the ideal venue to have guests over. The facilities are luxurious and powered by the latest IoT technology, while the services at the Horizon Club are sure to be appreciated by your friends.
- Presidential Suite – Feel like a King or Queen in this opulent 226 sq m haven. The views are captivating and the butler service ensures your convenience. Elegant and grand, this accommodation impresses with large bay windows that open to stunning views of Taipei. A Celestron brass telescope is also in place, perfect for taking in an 180-degree panoramic view of the city and mountains.
Further, the luxury one-bedroom suite is a dream with a separate living and dining room, integrated kitchen with Gaggenau and Smeg appliances, and entertainment system featuring a 65 in. plasma TV, Bose sound system, and a grand piano. Meanwhile, the large bathroom has a sauna and steam shower room, bathtub with Jacuzzi facilities, and two mini flat-screen TVs.
Moreover, all accommodation at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei feature the following amenities:
MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Complimentary wireless Internet access
- 12-inch flat-screen TV in bathroom
- Adjustable 40-inch flat screen television in room
OFFICE AND EQUIPMENT AND STATIONERY
- Executive writing desk
- International Direct Dial telephone with dual lines
- Voice mail
- Electronic safe
- Bedside controls for lighting
BATH AND PERSONAL CARE
- Pillow menu
- Separate shower cubicle
- Shangri-La toiletries
- Separate glass-enclosed shower
- Seasonal fruit plate upon arrival
- Coffee and tea-making facilities
In addition suites have these added amenities:
- Complimentary wireless broadband Internet access
- Bose surround sound stereo system
- Blu-ray disc player
- VCD and DVD player
- Audio home theatre system
- DigiJames system for controlling the room’s facilities
- Nespresso coffee machine
- L’Occitane toiletries or Aqua Di Parma bathroom amenities
- Automatic motion-sensor toilet
- Access to Horizon Club Lounge
You are spoiled for choice when it comes to food at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei. There are five restaurants and bars that serve decadent food and beverages: Lobby Court, The Cake Room, Cafe at Far Eastern, Li Bai Lounge, and Marco Polo Lounge. Meanwhile, three other restaurants, Shang Palace, Ibuki by Takagi Kazuo, and Shanghai Pavilion, are also available for private dining.
- Qi Shiseido Salon and Spa – Located on Level 40, the spa at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei is the ultimate in serenity and rejuvenation. Find relaxation and restoration in its five treatment rooms, hair salon, manicure and pedicure room, and six private spa suites that feature a marble bathtub, personal sauna, steam room, and shower room.
- Rooftop pool – Cleanse your body of fatigue after a long day of sight-seeing or work with a refreshing dip at the gorgeous rooftop pool. Calm your mind by taking in spectacular views of the city.
- Fitness center – Keep fit at the fully equipped gym with personal trainers, aerobic room, and variety of classes like yoga, tai chi, and HIIT. Massage services, dry saunas, steam rooms, and Jacuzzi are also available. The heated pool and outdoor summer pool should not be missed, too.
- National Palace Museum – A vast amount of ancient Chinese treasures rest here. The permanent collection features over 700,000 pieces, making it one of the largest collections of Chinese artifacts in the world.
- Shilin Night Market – The largest and most popular night market in Taipei, this is the place to go if you are after some great food and dazzling nightlife. Get lost in the alleyways and fill your head with so much wonder!
- Tonghua Street Night Market – Colorful and vibrant, this night market is located in central Taipei. There are over 100 vendors to satisfy your fancy, from local food to exotic delicacies and other inexpensive Asian favorites.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions About Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel
1. Where can you find the best rates for Shangri- La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel?
Please check out
2. What is the check-in and check-out time?
The check-in time is 3 PM while check-out time is 12 NN. Meanwhile, Horizon Club guests are allowed late check-out until 4 PM, subject to availability of the room.
3. What forms of payment are accepted at the hotel?
The following cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, and China UnionPay.
4. Are children allowed to stay for free?
Children 12 years old and under stay free of charge when using existing beds shared with their parents or guardians. In addition, children under the age of six can enjoy free buffet meals at the All Day Dining venue when accompanied by a paying adult.
5. Can Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel host events?
Yes. The hotel has lavish and luxurious venues for conferences, business meetings, and social celebrations.
6. What languages are spoken at the hotel?
English, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Japanese, and French.
7. What is the closest airport?
The Taipei Songshan Airport is 4.2 km away while the Taoyuan Airport is reached in 32.3 km. An airport shuttle service is available at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, too.
8. Is Wi-Fi available?
There is Wi-Fi in public areas.
9. Is there a nearby ATM?
The nearest ATM is in 30 m.
10. Where is the nearest foreign exchange?
Currency exchange is available at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel.
I stayed as a guest at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei. All opinions are based on my experience.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!