Last Minute Trip to London with my Mother, our Unrooming experience with Hotels.com @HotelsdotcomEU
When was the last time you traveled with your Mother?
It was my mom’s first time visiting the UK to attend our wedding last July 12 and she actually asked me to show her around London after our big day! How can I say ‘no’ to her sweet request?
I wanted to show my mother around the Westminster area where the Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and London Eye are all just easy walking distance. Of course, I wanted to treat my mom for some luxurious accommodation while she’s here. Just so you know, I always use Hotels.com whenever I book a luxury hotel on the last minute. That’s a trick if you want to get rewards or would like to catch some last minute deals!
Luckily, Hotels.com team contacted us to review one of the hotel properties listed on their website and on the same week when we’re about to go there. The room is part of their #UnroomingUK campaign. I don’t want to waste the opportunity so I collaborated with Hotels.com with this awesome #Unrooming campaign.
To give you an idea, it’s like “unboxing” a gift but on a travel point of view! Pretty interesting, isn’t? It entails you to show and review your hotel rooms. It’s not only for Travel bloggers like us but it’s open to anyone using their platform. You just have to upload the review video on your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, add the hashtag #UnroomingUK and get a chance to win £200 towards your next hotel getaway. It’s that easy!
Even it was a last – minute trip, I was still able to find a great luxury deal thru Hotels.com! Without a doubt, London is a very expensive City to travel for budget travelers but if you do a bit of research and scout for deals, then you don’t need to break a bank just to enjoy this magnificent place.
I’ve been promoting different booking channels on our site and one of them is this platform. I personally like Hotels.com because of the following reasons:
- You can choose to pay online or when you arrive at the hotel
- You can collect stays and get a free hotel stay when you book 10 nights
- Use the free night stay anytime you want
- They have 254,000 eligible hotels all over the globe
- Unlock Secret Prices and get the best deals only you can find
- They will add the amount for the taxes and fees – they’ll show you the breakdown when you’re about to pay.
Looking at this, it is obvious that there are more advantages than disadvantages when booking with Hotels.com. Now that we already enjoyed our accommodation from their listings, it’s time to pay it forward to you, dear readers!
Competition time to all of our readers!
I already mentioned briefly above about the #Unrooming campaign! The mechanics is pretty simple and anyone can do it. Video record your review then tweet your video to @HotelsdotcomEU with the #UnroomingUK hashtag and don’t forget the name of the featured hotel (and the location). Who knows if you will win a £200 hotel voucher which runs every week!
Watch my #Unrooming whilst staying at the St. Ermins Hotel, Autograph Collection, London and how my mom and I goofed around in our room. She wanted me to stay in the couch (she was kidding). Honestly, I wouldn’t mind because the couch looked cozy. (Don’t forget to check out Hotels.com social media channels because it’s still an on-going campaign!).
Our chosen hotel for the #UnroomingUK experience!
Hotels.com asked me to do a Live video streaming of the hotel room booked via their platform. They told me that I can choose whichever property we think would be suitable for my Mom’s travel experience especially that it’s her first time in London! Of course I chose the best one which is near to the tourists attractions and something with the vibes of a 5-star hotel (though this hotel is only 4 star).
The classic structure of this property adds to that ‘London’ vibe that everyone loves.
We booked a 2 night stay at St. Ermins Hotel, Autograph Collection, London which was 299 GBP or 400USD per night. It’s cheap for a luxury hotel rate in London!
St. Ermin’s hotel has a number of room choices depending on the number of pax, and of course, your preference. Most of their rooms are spacious which is perfect for people traveling together like friends and families. It is ideal for any travel purpose you may have plus, it is very convenient. Apart from the in-house restaurants, there are a lot of food places and cafes which are just few walks away from the property.
- Guest Room (1 – 2 pax) – If you do not have a lot of luggage and you just want to stay overnight, this can be a great choice.
- Deluxe Guest Room (1 – 2 pax) – Staying for 2 – 5 nights? This will make your stay even more comfortable.
- Executive Guest Room (1 – 2 pax) – There’s a separate lounge perfect if you want to read a newspaper or sip some hot coffee.
- Junior Suite – 1 King/ Sofa Bed ( 2- 4 pax) – If you are traveling with young kids, then this should do you well.
- Suite – 1 King Bed ( 2- 4 pax) – A large room which can house a small family. There’s a separate living area as well.
- Deluxe Guest – 2 Double Beds ( 2- 4 pax) – Ideal for families or for 4 adults traveling together.
- Family Room – 2 Beds/ 2 Bath (Up to 5 pax) – Very large rooms that can fit up to 5 persons. There’s even a daybed if you have a kid with you.
- Accessible Guest Rooms – If you have guests who are physically challenged, there are rooms made for them. The rooms have wide doors, low – level wash basins and bathtubs. Aside from that, there are available emergency pull cords.
And you would enjoy the following inclusions in each room.
- Luxurious White Company products
- Marble bathrooms
- State-of-the-art LED TV entertainment system
- Desk with multi-national electrical sockets
- Radio with MP3 docking station
- Cafetiere & tea making facilities
- 24-Hour room service+
- Fluffy bathrobes
- Fitness Center – Because travelers need to work it out too after eating some of London’s best delicacies.
- Wi – Fi – Wi – Fi is available in all area and charges are applicable.
- Parking – There is parking space available nearby which entails a fee. Reservation is not needed.
- Fax/ Photocopying Center – Pretty much beneficial for business travelers.
St. Ermin’s Hotel has a great location so I suggest to take a good rest at night so you can have full energy going around at some of the most popular destinations the morning after.
The staff from St. Ermin’s Hotel are exceptionally nice. It makes our stay even better knowing that there are great people who will take care of us while in London.
St. Ermin’s Hotel has one of the best locations in London. In fact, it is near the subway station (St James
Park) and just few walks away from tourist destinations.
- St. James Park – This is one of the oldest Royal Parks in the area. Millions of travelers go here to see events, embrace the culture or simply to kill time by looking at the great landscapes, statues and structures.
- Big Ben – You wouldn’t want to miss this iconic structure. Would you?
- London Eye- Or how about having a bird’s eye view of London?
- Buckingham Palace Area – When in London, make sure that you will visit the Buckingham Palace. It is the residence and administrative headquarters of the monarch of United Kingdom.
Here’s an easy step-by-step guide on how to use and book your stay using the Hotels.com website
STEP 1 Sign in at hotels.com and fill in the required details (Destination, Check in and Check out days)
If you don’t have an existing account, you can use your Facebook account instead. In our case, we have been using hotels.com for quite some time.
STEP 2 If you want to narrow down your hotel choices, you can always organize it according to price, star rating, guest rating or facilities.
If lucky, you can bump into some deals too.
STEP 3 Click your choice of hotel property. By doing so, you can find more information that will help you decide.
You can even find quick reviews from other travelers as well.
STEP 4 Check the room availability based on your preference and click ‘Book’
STEP 5 Select which payment option you prefer
You can either pay online, or at the hotel.
STEP 6 If you decide to pay online, then you’ll also have an option to pay it via paypal or your credit card! You’ll also be able to collect points for your next room stay!
That’s it! Very easy, right? All you have to do is wait for your vacation day and relax at your chosen hotel. Don’t forget to make a review and win.
Note: I partnered with Hotels.com for this memorable experience in London with my mother but all views and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply