Most of my life, I was having problems with my indigestion and stomach cramps. I thought it’s normal for me since I lasted this far having the same problem everytime I eat my favorite Menudo, Nilaga, and even every Filipino’s favorite breakfast– Pandesal (Just thinking about its delicious smell when it comes out from the bakery’s oven makes me crave for it!).
I’ve always been conscious about my body all my life– I feel bloated every single time. I was bullied when I was in High School because I was fat– it haunted me until I reached college. I did everything to lose weight just to please these bullies’ eyes, and so they would stop picking on me, but it was very hard for me to shed some weight. Especially when I don’t do Number Two for days because of my indigestion and slow metabolism. (This is one of the reasons why I’m a strong advocate of anti-bullying. This should stop. It doesn’t make you the bigger or better person when you belittle somebody else!).
For some time since college, It didn’t bother me much anymore. I gained my confidence back pieces by pieces. I wasn’t ashamed of how bloated or fat I was. I just stopped caring at all. That’s until my wedding day (where I was the fattest, and I started feeling weak) and when we started living on a sailboat. I was having headaches, stomach cramps, and diarrhea most of the time. It started bothering my husband as well since I keep on waking up in the middle of the night and complaining about how bad it is.
I finally took the Intolerance Test to Test Your Intolerance and found out that I am intolerant of my favorite food (of all things!)– potatoes, carrots, and bread. (All the while I assumed that lactose was the culprit– like most people are). I highly suggest for you to check your Medical Doctor but if you’re like me who just want to know the basic and check what food I can remove one-by-one on my diet then you can try this inexpensive test.
ALLERGIES VS. INTOLERANCE
1) Intolerance is when the body reacts negatively when exposed to certain items. This should not be confused with an allergy, which is a more severe reaction and tends to be a lifelong condition.
2) In most cases, allergies are mainly hereditary, and you have for life. Intolerance, on the other hand, can and does change depending on diet and lifestyle. You can work with your intolerances to reduce them and even eliminate them. (That’s why you need to get tested ASAP)
3) Symptoms of an intolerance include headaches, bloating, localized itching or skin irritations such as eczema (which you might find needs treating with Fucibet cream — you can find through online pharmacies, such as The Independent Pharmacy), excessive mucous production, excessive gas, diarrhea, and fatigue. While common allergic reactions include localized swelling (i.e., of the throat or tongue), a rash, or difficulty breathing.
4) Intolerance is not as severe and immediate as an allergy. These symptoms come on gradually: anything from 30 minutes up to 48 hours later.
5) Intolerance is the body’s inability to digest an item properly, whether this is a food intolerance or an environmental factor (a non-food intolerance). An allergy, on the other hand, affects the immune system itself.
WHAT CAUSES INTOLERANCE?
Intolerances can occur due to some reasons, the two most common are:
1) The body is lacking the necessary digestive enzymes(s) for the certain food and therefore cannot digest the item properly or efficiently take the nutrients from it. Sensitivity is resulting from overconsumption or overexposure.
2) Many symptoms are the result of sensitivity to a particular item. Sensitivity can occur from over overconsumption or overexposure of an item.
WHY YOU NEED TO GET TESTED
Some of the symptoms of allergies and intolerance can be pretty much similar. But considering the fact that there is a possibility for intolerance to be eliminated, you need to get tested so you can be relieved from its anxiety causing effects.
1) Reports indicate that up to half the UK could be affected with one intolerance or another.
2) Identifying the potential items to which you are intolerant is vital. You can then take steps to alter your diet to try and avoid situations where certain chemicals are commonly found.
HOW IT WORKS
With just a single hair strand from any part of your body, you can find out the potential items to which you are intolerant!
STEP 1: Purchase your order here and get tested for more than 600 food and non-food item. For as low as £29, you can get a test for 100 food items, £39 for 300 food and non-food items, £59 for 600 food and non-food items, and £89 for 704 food and non-food items. All these come with a lifetime of relief once you find out the offending item and take it out of your diet.
STEP 2: Fill up the test submission form that you’ll receive your email and print it.
STEP 3: Take a hair sample and post it back to them with your test submission form.
STEP 4: Receive your comprehensive test report by email within seven working days and follow the doctor’s recommendation.
MY INTOLERANCE TEST RESULTS AND WHAT I SHOULD DO
Within seven working days counted from the day my hair sample was received, Test Your Intolerance sent me the results via e-mail. They included all items which have shown an intolerance of 85% and over. That’s when I found out that I’m intolerant to Bread, Potatoes, Carrots, and Kentucky Bluegrass a lot. (Not to Lactose as I assumed! 3 out of 4 are my favorite food which I love eating almost every day. No wonder I felt like I had the symptoms all my life)
The result is easy to comprehend with recommendations on what should I do. Number 1 does not panic as intolerance is not life-threatening. I just need sit back, relax, and take these things out of my diet (elimination phase) and slowly put them back one at a time. With that, I’ll be able to find out the items that I have a strong intolerance to (although the results are quite clear).
Hopefully, with proper diet, good lifestyle and exercise, I can finally get rid of the symptoms that I was having all my life! I’m also looking forward because this will help me lose weight too (Now I don’t have to eat 3 cups of rice with my menudo or nilaga!). Good thing Test Your Intolerance is an email away if I have any questions so they can guide me throughout the process.
I know it’s not going to be easy to remove my favorite things from my diet because french fries is life, and I know you all agree. Haha! Nevertheless, I’m committed to eliminating it (Cross fingers! Reducing it is fine as well). I am looking forward to the day that I can finally eat all of these without having to feel bloated, gassy, or suffer from severe diarrhea.
Get yourself tested now and be relieved of the anxiety causing symptoms! ♡
ABOUT TEST YOUR INTOLERANCE
This company had been doing the Intolerance Test since 2008 completing 370,000 tests ordered from 26 different countries. All tests are made in the UK where they work with a variety of practitioners and business partners from 6 different countries who all use their tests to improve their clients’ lives on a daily basis. They are proud to say that over 99% of their clients are satisfied with their test results.
Contact them at:
The Intolerance Group, PO Box 8164, Castle Donington
Derby, DE74 2BZ, United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!