How to Get a Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay (Bahamas Digital Nomad Visa)
With 16 gorgeous islands to choose from, the Bahamas is indeed on many people’s list to visit. If you want to live here and enjoy each island for a month or so, you can check out their Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay. Here’s a guide on how you can get a “Bahamas Digital Nomad Visa.”
The Bahamas is an island country with a mix of African and European influences. It’s really accessible as it’s near Florida, USA; you can cruise from there, too. Enjoy the Pink Sands Beach, Charming Harbor Island, and bathing pigs in this island paradise!
- List of The Best Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
- Is It Safe To Travel To The Bahamas Now? [Traveling During The Pandemic]
- 9 Countries Where You Can Get a Digital Nomad Visa
- Travel Guide to the Bahamas – How, Where & Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Best Luxury Hotels and All-Inclusive Resorts in the Bahamas
Quick Facts on Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program (Bahamas Digital Nomad Visa)
Length of Stay: up to One Year
Where to Apply: Online
Processing Time: 5 Working Days
- Permit Fees – USD 25 (per applicant and for each dependent)
- Applicant Permit Fee – USD 1000
- Additional Per Dependent – USD 500
Contact: The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, [email protected]
Things you need to know about the Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program
- This is for remote workers and their dependents.
- There is no minimum length of stay, but your permit will be up to a year from the date of issue.
- Applications for annual renewals will be considered
- You will need enough income to support yourself or your family in the Bahamas (no income threshold stated)
- Before entering the Bahamas, you will need to have a Travel Health Visa; you’ll need a Negative PCR Test, read more here
- For accommodations, check this link
- You will not need any additional travel permits if you are from the following areas:
- European Union
- United Kingdom
- In case you are from other countries, please check the entry requirements through this website.
Requirements for the Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program (Bahamas Digital Nomad Visa)
1. Passport Bio Page – it must be valid beyond departure date from the Bahamas; it is also required for your dependents
2. Proof of Employment – proof that you are working remotely. Maybe work contracts, employment certificates, business registration, etc.
3. Medical Insurance – I highly recommend SafetyWing Remote Health Insurance; it’s great health insurance for remote workers and nomads! Plus, it accepts the Bahamas as a country of residence ad covers COVID-19.
How to Apply for The Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program (Bahamas Digital Nomad Visa)
STEP 1: Check if you are eligible for a Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program. If so, prepare your documents and scan them ahead.
STEP 2: Apply Online through their official website. Read the form and press “Next.”
STEP 3: Select the correct category, which is “Work Remotely.” Type all the information required.
STEP 4: Upload the requirements asked per section.
STEP 5: Review, read the terms, and click “Submit.”
STEP 6: Wait for an e-mail about the status of your application. You will be given payment instructions in case you are approved.
STEP 7: Pay the fees.
STEP 8: Get an Electronic QR Permit which you will show once you go to the Bahamas. Don’t also forget to have a Travel Health Visa.
Frequently Asked Questions for Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program
1. How will the application be processed?
Everything is online.
2. How long can I stay?
You can stay for up to a year.
3. Can I go in and out of the Bahamas?
Yes, you may; however, please follow protocols.
4. Can I bring my dependents to the Bahamas?
Yes, don’t forget to include them in your application.
5. What’s the difference between a Tourist Visa and this Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program?
You can stay and live here remotely for up to a year if you want to be part of the BEATS program; with a tourist visa, your stay may be limited.
Those are what you need to know and how you can apply for the Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay Program or a Bahamas Digital Nomad Visa. You will surely enjoy activities in this paradise, from snorkeling, island hopping to even relaxing.
Do check out other countries offering Digital Nomad Visas.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and I fell in love with the experience. I aim to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, taking pictures, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Leave a Reply