For the second half of my short trip to Bali, Indonesia, I traveled to Jimbaran to spend two nights in Watermark Hotel & Spa, a new 4-star hotel located a few minutes away from Kedonganan-Jimbaran Beach. I was picked up in the airport by the hotel shuttle, and in less than 15 minutes, I was making my way towards the hotel.
The Watermark Hotel has been one of the leading hotel brands in Japan and Australia, and bringing it to the island paradise of Bali was definitely a wise move. It boasts various five-star amenities that are within tourists’ budget, making it an ideal place to stay during your Bali vacation.
For the best daily rate guarantee, book through their official website.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE PROPERTY
One of the main reasons why I chose to spend my last two nights in Watermark Hotel & Spa is because of its proximity to the airport. My flight back to Manila was early in the morning, and I wanted to make sure that I will not be late. This hotel is ideal for those who wanted to stay near the airport while enjoying the best that Bali has to offer.
Another highlight of this hotel are the ground level and rooftop pools that guests can enjoy. You can watch the sunset while hanging out in the pool, or take numerous photos as the sunset makes a beautiful backdrop for those selfies.
For those who love sunsets and fresh seafood, Watermark Hotel & Spa is just a short walk from Kedonganan-Jimbaran Beach where restaurants set up tables by the shore for customers to dine in. The said beach is also popular for having one of the best sunset views in the island.
The staff of Watermark Hotel & Spa that I encountered were very accommodating and were above and beyond my expectations. From pickup to check in to check out, everyone was very professional and made sure I was comfortable.
I was also able to meet with the manager Ivana, who I was corresponding with prior to my stay. She shared a lot of helpful information about the hotel during our short conversation, and even helped me book a shuttle to Kedonganan-Jimbaran Beach.
Watermark Hotel & Spa has a total of 43 rooms and suites, composed of 72 superior rooms, 14 suites, 47 Club Watermark suites, 6 Club Watermark Premium suites, and 4 Club Watermark suites with private pool.
I was assigned to a Club Watermark suite, a 64-square meter room that came complete with a separate bathtub and shower, LCD TV, safety deposit box, air conditioning, coffee and tea making facilities, and complimentary wifi. I also had a great view of the ground floor pool thanks to the room’s balcony.
Here’s a quick look of my fourth floor suite:
The hotel houses two restaurants, W Senses and Imadoki. Guests can have their complimentary breakfasts in either restaurant, as both have different offerings. W Senses is located next to the ground floor pool and specializes in international cuisine. Breakfast here is served buffet style.
Meanwhile, Imadoki serves the most authentic Japanese dishes in the area. It specializes in soba noodle and tempura, and uses the freshest ingredients to maintain the standard it has set in Roponggi, Tokyo.
Watermark Hotel & Spa also houses a bakery, Angelique Cafe, that provides delicious pastries and desserts.
W Senses, Angelique Cafe, Beach Club, Fitness Center, Club Lounge, Kedonganan Ballroom, Departure Lounge, Kids Club, Petile Gift Shop, Liang Spa.
1. Free shuttle to Kedonganan-Jimbaran Beach – The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from Kedonganan-Jimbaran Beach. Just inquire the receptionist for the schedule. The last trip back to the hotel is at midnight.
2. Massage in Liang Spa – I was fortunate to get a complimentary massage of my choice in Liang Spa. I chose a hot stone massage and it was very relaxing. Prior to the massage session, I was given a quick tour of the spa to view their different rooms and amenities. If you are in the Jimbaran area and need a massage, drop by Liang Spa for a wonderful and relaxing experience.
WHAT TO DO AROUND/WITHIN THE AREA
1. Go to Jimbaran Beach – Jimbaran Beach is a tourist favorite for the fresh seafood served by various restaurants along the shore. Take your pick and enjoy the view while having your dinner.
2. Dine in nearby ‘warungs’ – A warung is a small eatery that serves Balinese dishes. For tourists, this is where you will get the most authentic local vibe as many locals dine here. Watermark Hotel & Spa is located along the road where a lot of ‘warungs’ are found. During my stay, I had my taste of ‘babi guling’ (suckling pig) and ‘ayam goreng’ (fried chicken) here.
3. Visit Uluwatu temple – One of the popular Bali tourist destinations is Uluwatu temple. This is less than an hour drive away from the hotel, so you should not miss it. Make sure to be there before 6:00 p.m. not only to catch the sunset but also to watch the unique Kecak fire dance. Tickets sell out fast so better be there early.
Disclaimer: The hotel stay is sponsored by Watermark Hotel & Spa, but the opinions in this review are my own.
Special thanks to Ivana and the entire Watermark Hotel & Spa team for the awesome stay.