The Two Monkeys had their ‘solo’ time once again! I was in Atlanta for a Social Media Summit, while Jonathan spent days in Crete, Greece with Lubosz of Forpix.cz (our wedding videographer) to film the stunning place. Which reminds me, you better watch out for our VLOG! 🙂
After our time apart, we went back to London and stayed in the intricately – designed contemporary hotel, Novotel London Blackfriars. For starters, this property is not just for leisure purposes. Those who are traveling for business will also have Novotel on their ‘favorites’. That’s for sure!
This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the city and Southbank. In fact, you can just walk to Waterloo Station and can easily get to London’s famous landmarks like London Eye, Tate Modern, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
But there’s more to love about Novotel Hotel Blackfriars!
Did you know that Novotel is committed to PLANET 21? For those who are not aware, this is the sustainable development program of the Accor group. In a nutshell, it aims to help the world in becoming a better place to live in. Here are some of the activities that Novotel follows and implements:
- Balanced dishes served in the restaurant
- Eco-friendly cleaning products for cleaning rooms
- Reuse of towels suggested to guests
- Faucets fitted with water flow regulators
- Water efficient laundry to reduce water consumption for every wash
- Recovery of rainwater for green areas and toilets
- Recycling of batteries, paper, cardboard, and glass with sorting carried out at the hotel
- Recycling of food waste for compost or energy
- Eco-designed materials in the rooms
- Certified sustainable paper for hotel printing purposes
- Energy-saving light bulbs in the reception areas and the rooms
- Central switch in rooms for greater comfort and energy savings
- Recovery of ambient warmth to optimize heat consumption
- Commitment to protecting children through training on sex tourism
- Local food products promoted in the restaurant
- No endangered seafood to appear on our restaurant menus
- Training for personnel on responsible actions toward the environment
- Sustainable trade products offered in the hotel
Whew, that was a long list! If those are not inviting enough for you to stay here, read our quick review of the property and that will change your mind.
Check the room rates and deals at Novotel London Blackfriars
Table of Contents
The Rooms & Suites at Novotel London Blackfriars
Do you fancy ‘modern’ rooms? If yes, then Novotel London Blackfriars will not disappoint you. It doesn’t matter which room to book from the 182 choices. Everything is just close to perfection! You will get the good night rest you deserve.
Superior Room – This room can house three people, and you get to enjoy free wi – fi, 32” TV with media hub, safe and a minibar. Without a doubt, your stay here will be extremely comfortable.
Executive Room – Room perfect for couples, you get to experience the same facilities with that of the Superior Room but with an additional Nespresso machine! Enjoy a relaxing shower separated by a glass partition which by the way, Jon was crazy about! Check out our video if you want to see what I mean.
Suite – If you want to enjoy a lot of amenities and looking for a more spacious place to stay, then make sure to pick the Novotel London Blackfriars’ Suite.
Did you know that you can use a ‘smart pillow’ while you stay in the property? Trust me; that will make your sleep even more rejuvenating.
The Gastronomic Experience
You don’t have to stress yourself on where to eat for lunch and dinner. All you have to do is to go to Jamboree Foodfest & Bar. The good thing about this is that it offers international cuisine that will take you to some great places around the world. The taste will surely wake up your senses and will push you to travel even further. Jamboree Foodfest & Bar is open seven days a week from 6:00 AM to 11: 00 PM.
Other Facilities in Novotel London Friar
Indoor Heated Swimming Pool – Why not take a quick dip and total few laps before you end your day?
Sauna – Don’t forget to relax your muscles by staying in the sauna for few minutes.
Fitness Centre – And with all the great food you get to savor in London, I suggest that you use the hotel’s gym equipment to burn the calories.
Family Rooms and Play Areas – Are you staying with your kids? Have an extra bonding time with them in Novotel London Blackfriars’ Family Rooms.
Meeting Rooms – And you don’t need to worry if you are traveling to London for business. You can check out their meeting rooms equipped with all the things you need for your pitch.
Activities nearby Novotel London Blackfriars
Since Novotel London Blackfriars is in the heart of London, you can do so much without having to spend hours on the road. Let me share with our top picks!
- Tate Modern – A lot of people thought that they would get bored seeing modern art exhibitions from Tate Modern. However, they all say the same thing after seeing the artworks – It was worth it!
- The Old Vic – Catch some great theater plays in this old, but lovely venue.
- Konditor & Cook Cake School – This might seem to be a ‘unique’ experience but wouldn’t it be great to learn few baking skills – in London? Now you can pair that with a tea and have an English afternoon tea with your friends.
- Millennium Bridge – You don’t have to spend so much to see the beauty of London. Just head to Millennium Bridge, and you will know what I mean.
- Blackfriars Bridge – This bridge is even lovelier at night!
- Thames Rockets – If you want a more exciting trip down the Thames, then I recommend to try out Thames Rockets. Even young children will enjoy this experience too!
- Borough Market – This is one of the musts – visit places, most especially if you are a foodie. I’m sure you will go back to your hotel, feeling satisfied.
Summary & Tips
I recommend that you plot your itinerary in advance, most especially if you will stay in Novotel London Blackfriars. Since there are a lot of activities that you can do near the property, you need to prioritize which ones will tickle your bones so you can maximize and fully enjoy your stay in the beautiful London.
Note: We stayed as guests at Novotel London Blackfriars, and our stay was complimentary. However, all views and opinions are my own.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!