Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina is an oceanfront dream. It is just like having your own boathouse! The vibe is nautical, and the design is sleek. It calls to mind an old-school American beach vacation, perfect for families trying to bond over a much-deserved holiday.
Part of the Islamorada Hotel Company, this resort is located in the Florida Keys and is just paradise for boaters and beach lovers. It is all about the ocean here, after all, it is the Sports Fishing Capital of the World. We enjoyed our stay so much!
Tropical Dreams and Endless Ocean Fun at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
We stayed in an Oceanfront King Suite, and it was so big for us (love it though!). If you are a family, this is an ideal room, but there are even larger rooms if you want!
But if you are a couple, book a cottage in the new complex. It is private and intimate and opens to its own small beach. It is really nice!
Also, if you have pets, they are welcome here. Just bring them over instead of worrying who will look after them while you are on vacation.
Tropical splendor flows freely on the chic boathouse-style accommodation at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina. White beddings, nautical accents, and the many shades of blue create the feeling of being embraced by the ocean. The ambiance is really refreshing, and the ocean views are nothing short of mesmerizing!
The Guestrooms – Close to the beach and pools, these rooms feature a chic boathouse design with King or Queen beds topped with premium pillows, fine linens, and down comforters.
Open your windows or step into the furnished balcony and enjoy beautiful resort or marina views.
Choose from a Classic Queen or King, Classic Double Queen, or Marina View Two Queen. Amenities include a 37 in. Flat-Screen TV, Wi-Fi, iPod docking station, and safe.
Oceanfront Rooms – Combine the comforts of the guestrooms with stunning views of the Atlantic from your private balcony or patio, and you are sure to take your stay to the next level of pleasure.
Choose from Oceanfront King and Double Queen, Lanai King and Double Queen, and Suite Two Bedroom Guestrooms. Added amenities include a separate sitting area and mini-fridge.
Suites – A wonderful vacation is sure to transpire with a comforting stay at the Oceanfront Two Bedroom Deluxe accommodation. It is spacious and has matching double Queen beds. Stay in the balcony to best enjoy the oceanfront view. A coffee maker and mini-refrigerator are added amenities.
Meanwhile, for larger families, the best retreat is the Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suite. It has King beds, deluxe master bath, large living and dining areas, ample counter space, mini-refrigerator, and microwave. The furnished wrap-around balcony is purposely built to soak in the oceanfront or marina views.
The Cottages – Classy and cozy, these cottages are ideal for couples. Each is plush and private with spectacular sea views and modern amenities. The larger rooms add a living area, pull-out sofa, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, and coffee maker.
These are available in King Oceanfront and Resort View, One Bedroom King Oceanfront and Resort View, One Bedroom King Premium Ocean View, Two Queens Oceanfront and Resort View, and Two Bedroom King and Two Twins Oceanfront Cottages.
As mentioned, Islamorada is the Sports Fishing Capital of the world, so naturally, you are going to spend most of your time in the water!
Fortunately, Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina has all the facilities that you require:
Non-motorized water sports – All sorts of adventures can be experienced here. Try the floating trampoline, paddle boards, peddle boats, bicycles, or kayaks and have fun by the water all day long.
Water activities – Fill your days with boating, fishing, diving, and snorkeling experiences. Rent or charter a boat with an experienced captain and indulge in offshore and backcountry fishing – a must in Islamorada!
Alternatively, you can get rentals and lessons on a jet ski, kayak, and kiteboarding for a more adrenaline-filled adventure. Paddleboards, cruises, a dive shop, and party boat are all available, too.
Marina – 19 transient slips are available for vessels up to 100 ft. Water, electricity, Wi-Fi, and access to resort amenities are provided, too.
The island vibe runs through the food and drinks choices at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina. We loved the Holiday Isle Tiki Bar! They gave us a $125 voucher to sample the drinks, and it was awesome. The best part? This is the original home of the rum runner cocktail. It was invented here in 1972. There is no better place to have one!
Also, the breakfast we had at Raw Bar is nice. It is the usual eggs benedict and bagels, but they also offer a lot of seafood favorites like oysters, fish tacos, and conch chowder. Relax as you dine while enjoying the ocean views, listening to live music, and drinking a frozen rum runner, or two!
Finally, there is the Ciao Hound, an Italian restaurant that marries authentic Tuscan flavors with locally sourced ingredients. But its most special feature? The pet-friendly offerings! Here, you can enjoy your polenta and puttanesca while your beloved pets are served their own food and beverages, too!
ISLAMORADA Area Guide
- Dive Sites – It is a big treat to experience the tropical marine life of Islamorada. Coral reefs, fishes, shipwrecks, and mini-walls are all in abundance. Explore popular dive sites like Davis Reef, Conch Wall, Alligator Reef, The Eagle, Crocker Wall, and Pickles Reef.
- Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park – Located on Lignumvitae Key, this park is a hidden island forest only accessible by private or tour boat. It has tropical hardwood hammocks and three historical buildings. Migratory birds are spotted here as well, making it a good spot for bird lovers.
- San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve State Park – This marine life-rich underwater preserve features a shipwreck best explored while diving or snorkeling. The San Pedro sank in 1733 and was discovered in 1960.
- Gallery Morada – Artistic items of all kinds, made by local artists, can be found here. It is not your typical tourist trap. There are great items, from clothing to jewelry and everything in between.
- Theatre of the Sea – Take the kids out and have them watch the dolphins, sea lions, rays, turtles, and sharks in action. The show is interactive and fit for all ages!
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions About Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
1. How much is accommodation at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina?
2. What is the check-in and check-out time?
The check-in time is 3:30 PM and Check-out time is 11 AM.
3. Are children allowed to stay free in the room?
Yes. One child under 12 years old can stay free when sharing existing beds with parents or guardians.
4. Are the rooms dog-friendly?
Yes. Two dogs are allowed per room with a combined weight of 40 lbs. The pet fee is $100 per room.
5. Are promos available to save more?
Yes. Visit the Specials tab on the hotel website.
6. Are there meeting facilities in the hotel?
Yes. The hotel hosts meetings and corporate events in its various meeting room areas, ranging from casual to elegantly designed.
7. Is it ideal for weddings?
Yes. It is a premier wedding destination in the Florida Keys. It is a stunning setting for beachfront weddings.
8. Are the watersports facilities free to use?
These facilities incur extra fees.
9. What local attractions are nearby?
Anne’s Beach, History of Diving Museum, and Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park are all nearby.
10. What is the nearest airport?
Miami International Airport is 100.6 km from Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Note: We stayed as a guest of the Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina but all opinions are mine.