Note this, fellow travelers! Netgear’s Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router is something you’ll need to put in your hand-carry baggage
For freelancers and frequent travelers, you know how frustrating it is to have a slow internet connection! We found a solution for this when we started using this Netgear Mobile Router when we returned back to Europe after living in the Caribbean for almost 2 years.
Being frequent travelers and professional travel bloggers, one thing we always need in all our trips is a stable internet connection. There’s more to blogging than taking nice photos and posting them on our social media accounts. There are articles (just like this) to write, research to make trips to arrange, emails to answer, social media accounts to manage, and sponsors to contact, among many others.
For all of these tasks, we use more or less 6 devices at the same time. It makes the internet connection rather slow, whether we’re connected to hotel wifi or a personal hotspot.
For freelancers and frequent travelers, you know how frustrating it is to have a slow internet connection, not to mention putting some of your personal data at risk from connecting to these public hotspots. We found a solution for this in Netgear’s Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router.
WHY WE NEED TO HAVE OUR OWN MOBILE ROUTER
- Turning on your mobile phone’s hotspot drains your battery fast- Sure, you can always turn on your smart phone’s mobile hotspot but risk draining your phone’s battery lightning fast. Your smartphone is essential for taking those IG worthy photos. It serves as your map, and this is a non-negotiable essential in case of emergency. So really, would you rather have your battery drained??
- Connecting to public hotspots can expose you to security risks- Did you know that connecting to these hotspots exposes your data to security threats such as Man in the Middle Attacks, Unencrypted Networks, Malware Distribution, Snooping, and Sniffing, etc. It’s too technical to discuss but you can read more about these risks here.
- Some access points require you to give up some of your data- Sometimes, we are so eager to get connected that we don’t even read the pop-ups which enable these providers to access some of our personal data. YIKES!
THE ANSWER: NETGEAR’S NIGHTHAWK M1 ROUTER
To avoid these risks without being disconnected, we found Netgear’s Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router and here are the features that we love about it!
- A 4G LTE mobile router with dual-band WiFi that provides up to 1Gbps download speeds (150Mbps upload). That’s ultrafast!
- You can connect up to as many as 20 WiFi devices. This is perfect for the whole family!
- Includes a Li-Ion battery that’s good for all-day use. Now you don’t have to risk draining your phone’s battery.
- Includes a media server to stream music and movies from a connected USB/SD card.
- Has detailed parental controls which you can use to limit your kids’ data usage
- Provides fast and secure internet access without the concerns of the security threat from using public hotspots
- Can even act as a USB charging station to top-up your phone or camera battery on the go
WHY WE THINK IT’S PERFECT FOR TRAVELERS
- You can use your layover time more productively- One of the most challenging parts about traveling is the long airport layovers, especially when their wifi sucks or when they provide a time or data limit. With Netgear’s Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router, you’ll be connected at your own phase and time.
- It’s perfect for the whole family- Netgear understands your need to watch your kids’ screen time and this is why this product has a parental control which allows you to limit their data usage.
- You can get connected anytime, anywhere- Whether you’re on the train, in the middle of the desert, or on top of the mountain, you’ll have access to the internet so there’s no need to worry!
on your next trip! 🙂