After that unfortunate incident in Pakistan where we got into a car accident which unfortunately hit my ankle, I flew straight to Bangkok. It pains me to cut my trip short (just thinking about everything that I have spent haha) but perhaps, the universe is telling me to slow down but life must go on!!
To celebrate my 31st birthday and another chance at life, I spent a week in Bangkok to be with my family. This trip was pre-arranged as I wanted to take my mom and Lola (grandmother) to a new country every year. I was just surprised that they were with my siblings, niece, and even Mike and Yvette, my full-time team members!
Despite the difficult conditions of where I am in now: stuck in a wheelchair most of the time; needing someone to push me around; asking for help to do the simplest things, etc., I am still very grateful to be alive, to be around the people who loves me, and to be in Bangkok again 🙂
RAMADA PLAZA BY WYNDHAM BANGKOK MENAM RIVERSIDE: YOUR BEST CHOICE OF LUXURY IN THE CAPITAL OF THAILAND
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Bangkok Menam Riverside hosted me and my Grandmother on their 2-bedroom suite for 6 days. I can’t thank them enough as we had such an awesome stay, especially my Grandma who spent the evenings having cocktails and laughing with the staff as I rest in our beautiful room :p Anyway, here’s what makes them the best choice of luxury when you’re looking for a hotel in Bangkok.
1. They have beautiful room views- A luxury stay isn’t complete without waking up to a beautiful view and Ramada Plaza gives you exactly that– a majestic view of the Chao Phraya River. It looks nice by the day and dazzling at night. They also have a pool view and city view rooms!
2. They have a free round-trip shuttle boat service from/to Saphan Taksin BTS Skytrain Station- This 8-minute trip is a very convenient way to go to the BTS Skytrain Station compared to grabbing a tuk-tuk or taxi, braving the traffic, and potentially getting ripped off.
3. They have a free tuk-tuk shuttle service to the Asiatique Riverfront Shopping Mall- Ramada Plaza is all about your comfort and convenience. This is why they even have a free tuk-tuk shuttle service to the Asiatique Riverfront Shopping Mall (which happens to be only 5-minutes away by walking) haha.
4. It is centrally located- Famous landmarks such as the Wat Arun, Lumpini Park, MBK Shopping Mall, Grand Palace, Art & Culture Center, Temple of the Golden Mount, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Sea Life Bangkok, Central Embassy and Amarin Plaza are all no further than 6 kilometers. Get ready to save some bahts on those tuk-tuk fares! 🙂
5. It’s a good place to wine and dine- They have 5 restaurants on-site and everything is just a must-try! The breakfast is to die for with a good selection of choices, the food is savory, you can choose from Asian, European, or Thai cuisine, and the cocktails are just 5*. My Lola can’t stop raving about it every time she goes back to the room! :p
6. The staff is very very helpful- I can’t thank all the staff enough for their kind gestures. It was very difficult for me to move around but they all made sure that I’m well assisted and comfortable. Hands down to Mr. Jose and GM William as well as the staff at the executive lounge on the 15th floor who made my Lola laugh every day! They all made such a huge difference to our vacation 🙂
7. The rooms are massive and are very much luxurious- Rooms and suites are embellished with contemporary Thai decor with elegant furnishings. It also includes a flat-screen satellite TV, work desk and safety deposit box. A bathtub and free toiletries are included in every bathroom which is massive and modern. Some rooms have a separate living room, dining area, terrace, and even a private hot tub outside.
8. You can always enjoy the facilities- Thinking of how to spend your day? Why don’t you sit back, relax, and enjoy their facilities? Massira Wellness & Spa has a range of massage and beauty treatments and its facilities include a sauna, steam room, and public Jacuzzi which you can use for free. You can also get to exercise at a fitness center or relax in a large outdoor pool during your stay.
Overall, 2 thumbs up and 5 out of 5 stars to this hotel! Very much recommended! 🙂
SEE BANGKOK WITH TINGGLY EXPERIENCES
Aside from eating a lot of Thai food, exciting tuk-tuk rides, everyday Thai massage, partying in Khao San Road & Silom Street, souvenir shopping at MBK, Pratunam and Platinum Mall, and hanging out at Iconsiam, one of the highlights of our stay was enjoying this country with Tinggly Experiences.
If you’re not familiar with them, Tinggly is a gift-giving website where you can buy experiences to gift your loved one or a special someone rather than buying them material things which could eventually end up in the trash bin. I gave them two gifts for this vacation:
1. Thai Massage for Two at Wat Pho from Tinggly – There’s no better place to get a Thai massage other than where it was invented, the Wat Pho Temple. After that soothing massage, they were able to explore the rest of the temple and saw the famous Reclining Buddha statue. They then went to a local restaurant for some coffee and then headed on to their local guide’s favorite restaurant for an authentic Thai meal.
2. Authentic Thai Cuisine Cruise – They had a sublime evening cruise along the iconic Chao Phraya River complete with full-on entertainment in the form of live Kim-style music and classical dancing. They also enjoyed a delicious banquet, with a choice of appetizers, mains, and desserts.
Both trips they did with Tinggly Experiences left them very good memories. I know this because up until now that I’m back in the UK, they can’t stop gushing about it (aside from checking up on how I am now)! They would tell me how nice of a gift it was, how smooth the tours went, how authentic the experience felt, and finally, how unforgettable it was.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!