Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina in Key West, Florida is the perfect place to discover what “Island Time” is all about! Just relax, slow down and fall into a better pace of life. The balcony view and the sea breeze on my face felt magical and I know you guys will love it too.
If you are looking for both comfort and luxury then you can find it combined as one through this hotel – from accommodation, facilities, dining, and you can discover a whole lot more. Be surprised as you find your stay with pleasure as you spend it in a hotel that’s worth to remember. =)
Based on our experience, you can easily enjoy a number of activities and sights to see – being sat at the heart of the Old Town area and fronting the pier, you can witness daily water activities, reach the nearest nightlife in Key West, feel and breathe in the refreshing ocean breeze, and unwind in the accommodation that the resort has to offer.
Loving the Key West City, Florida, I chose this place perfectly before I wrap up my trip in the US and proceed to explore Eastern Africa. For five days, Jonathan and I spent the rest of our trip together in this luxurious class specifically in this massive suite by the corner of this establishment.
HISTORY of Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
Such as the resort and setting itself brings you the tropical wonders of Floridian beaches, the history of this hotel would bring you the same. The 2-decade hotel was once called the Westin Key West Resort & Marina and has recently been rebranded as Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina this January 2017.
The first Margaritaville restaurant was built in Key West back in 1987, named after Jimmy Buffet’s 1977 hit with the same name.
ROOMS of Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
Out of 178 spacious rooms, each with a beautiful view of the ocean, pool, and life in the Old Town – you can choose to your heart’s content which room you prefer to enjoy. The staff was nice enough to give us a tour of the different rooms.
1. Traditional Rooms – The traditional rooms of the resort bring you a comforting view of the pool. The room is made up in a contemporary style of rich wood and has either a king sized bed or double queen sized. The room can carry up to four guests, and you could still sit back and feel the air through the balcony or relax in their plush armchair. The room has a quiet ceiling fan, phone, flat screen TV, and WiFi.
2. Deluxe Rooms – The deluxe rooms of the resort bring you a partial or a full open view of the ocean. Each room welcomes you to a patio or balcony, equipped with a coffee table and wicker chairs to experience the outdoor leisure. Its interior is filled with rich wooden furniture, plush armchair, and a ceiling fan that would bring you a natural aura equipped with a family room, flat screen TV, phone, and strong WiFi.
3. One Bedroom Suites – Enjoy a relaxing and natural haven through the resort’s one-bedroom suites which can fit in up to five (5) guests. Furnished with 1 king sized bed, a double sleeper sofa, and other furniture made out of rich wood. The suite is painted with soft, neutral colors and will give you a partial or a full ocean view from its floor-to-ceiling windows to give you that satisfying comfort you need. The room has a wide balcony with a coffee table and wicker chairs to complement it. An Ipod Docking station, a Dining table for 4, and a 42-inch wide flat screen TV is also there for your entertainment needs.
4. Two Bedroom Suites – Talk about class – this room is your luxurious haven away from home. The 2-bedroom suites are perfect for your vacation retreat by the beach, and it’s also equipped with two king-sized beds. Breathe in and out the smell of the ocean air as this suite will give you a private balcony where you can find two wicker chairs to sit and enjoy the view of the pool and a partial or full oceanfront view. It has a dining table for four (4) and the room can fit up to seven (7) guests. Equipped with a strong WiFi that would fit your needs and a 42” flat screen TV to entertain you indoors.
Furthermore, here are the other amenities which are on all of the guestrooms and suites:
- Plush Bedding
- Spacious Bathroom and Shower
- Bathrobes and Premium Bath Products
- Wireless Internet Access
- Work Desk
- Single Cup Coffee Maker
- Ceiling Fan
- 100% Non-Smoking Guest Room
- 24-Hour Room Service (limited service during some hours)
- Make-up/Shaving Mirror
- Radio/Alarm Clock with iPod Connection
- Iron and Ironing Board
Other amenities available upon request:
- Dog Bed
- Rollaway Bed
- Outlet Adaptors
- Connecting Room
- Hypoallergenic Pillows
- Handicap Accessible Room
FACILITIES of Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
World-class massage at The Spa – Experience a rejuvenating massage session from a professional therapist in their peaceful studio located at the Sunset Key Cottages – a sister property of the resort. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Transportation can be arranged via a short boat ride from the right port of the marina. They are offering Swedish, deep tissue, and prenatal massage. A couple’s massage is also being offered for couples who would like to drive away stress through a soothing spa session.
Adventurous Water Sports at the Marina – the 37-slip Marina is conveniently located a block away from the famous Duval Street, and it can accommodate motor yachts with the option for overnight dockage. Other than that, the marina also offers loads of water sports activities for Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & Kayaking, Sunset Catamaran Sailing, Parasailing, Waverunners, Fishing-Deep Sea Sportfishing, Fishing – Flats Fishing, Snuba Diving, and Scuba Diving.
Keep your body fit on the road – Whether you’re on vacation or not, keep yourself in shape at the Margaritaville’s Fitness Studio. Get a 24/7 access to state-of-the-art equipment in the stimulating environment, slip in your guest room key card.
Enjoy the Sunset Key sandy beaches – Lounge through the sunny and sandy beaches at the Sunset Beach, located at the Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina’s sister resort, Sunset Key Cottages. The guests of the resort may gain access through the setting. Passes for the Sunset Key sandy beaches are available for purchasing at Margaritaville’s concierge – $20 per pass for the guests and $40 for non-guests.
Tours and excursions – Explore the clear blue waters and go on shark or dolphin viewing excursions. You may also rent bicycles, electric cars, scooters, or you may also have narrated tours, walking and biking tours – simply approach the resort’s concierge and ask them for additional info.
Swimming Pool – The pool is surrounded by tropical native plants such as palm trees to give you that comforting vibe where you could just lounge by the pool or soak yourself in it. There are also complimentary frozen treats for a certain time by the pool.
Shuttle Service – The concierge can arrange transportation for you in case you need one, but being sat at the center of the Old Town, I suggest walking.
THE FOOD at the Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
Indulge yourself with both food and scenery as restaurants around the corner will give you a satisfying oceanfront view or even a view of the sunset through the different waterfront venues. So, whether you prefer dining by the pool, watching the sunset, or simply staying in your room – the hotel will gladly serve you. The property has 3 restaurants and bars and we’ve been eating our breakfast and dinner at the Bistro245.
- Bistro245 – You can dine either indoors or outside where it will bring you stunning sight of the Key West Harbor. They host Sunday brunches with complimentary champagne service. They serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and wine. I loved the Eggs Benedict!
- Castaways Bar – Eat and dine satisfyingly as they provide you tropical delicacies while seated in very comfortable chairs and couches!
- Sunset Deck – The place is spectacular and is located above Bistro245. They serve great food and offer you a view of the nightly Sunset Celebration.
As it is located strategically in the heart of the Old Town, sights to see are just a walk away from the property. Here are some of the things you can do!
DUVAL STREET. Key West’s popular busy street that offers a handful of shops, bar/restaurants, and more for you to explore.
KEY WEST AQUARIUM. It’s been open since 1934, you can check out some protected beautiful sea creatures of the Florida Keys.
ERNEST HEMINGWAY HOME AND MUSEUM. Just a walk across the hotel’s property, this establishment was the home of Ernest Hemingway, a famous author, who found solace in Key West through its physical beauty and sparkling waters surrounding the island.
MALLORY SQUARE. The place holds the famous Key West Sunset Celebration. It’s just a few meters away from your doorstep.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions About Margaritaville Key West Hotel & Marina
1. How much does accommodation cost at Margaritaville Key West Hotel & Marina?
You can check the latest room rates through the hotel’s website or Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, and Hotelscombined.
2. What is the check-in time and check-out time?
4 p.m. check in and check out is at 11 a.m.
3. Are children allowed?
Definitely Yes! Why is it even a question? HAHA!
4. Can you smoke here?
Yeah 25-50 ft away from the main buildings. Over by the marina or country yard.
5. Are pets allowed?
Only dogs are allowed, weighing 30 lbs or less. You can bring two dogs. There’s a fee of USD$75 of sanitation fee per night. The food bowl is provided. Dogs are allowed in all facilities, just not on the beach.
6. What services does the marina offer?
Jet Ski tours, bike rentals, you may ask a hotel employee for more info about this
7. Are there available promos to save money?
Yes, there are. You can check them out through the resort’s website.
8. What are the closest landmarks to Margaritaville Key West Hotel & Marina?
I already listed it above! =)
9. Are popular attractions nearby?
The view in the resort itself is the attraction, but one can also ride a boat towards the Sunset Key Island as per Margaritaville Employee
10. What is the nearest airport?
The nearest airport would be the Key West International Airport. Flight destinations are mainly to and from cities in Florida and other beaches such as West Palm Beach. There’s also destination few other cities in other states such as Atlanta, Charlotte, and Washington DC.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!