Find Peace and Solitude at HUMA Island Resort and Spa in Busuanga, Palawan
I’ve seen a lot of travel bucket lists and most of the time, they include a once in a lifetime trip to the Maldives. I mean, why not, right? It’s a paradise that everyone dreams of seeing once in their lifetime. Magazine images of over-water villas and turquoise water are what lure most of us to this paradise. But what many people don’t know is that there’s actually a great alternative with even more to offer, which you can find in my own home country, Philippines.
I am talking about Busuanga which is a municipality of Palawan, Philippines. It is fast becoming a popular spot for local and international tourists thanks to its amazing beaches, rivers, mountains, waterfalls and natural springs among many others.
When Jon and I had our short visit to the Philippines, we were privileged enough to stay in one of the country’s best and most exclusive resorts, HUMA Island in Busuanga, Palawan. Busuanga Island is the largest island in the Calamian Group. And boy, if you want to find peace and tranquility, I say go to this place. It is so isolated, they even have to generate their own electricity!
Huma Island has everything that the Maldives has – over-water bungalows; white sand, clear blue water, perfect weather. But then there is so much more surrounding it as well, like the dramatic mountain scenery, lush green vegetation, waterfalls and so much more!
Why you should consider HUMA Island Resort and Spa for your next vacation
If you’re looking for exclusivity, you will find it in spades at HUMA Island Resort and Spa. It’s a break you deserve! The price only reflects the amazing experience you’ll get from staying here. To get there, you can either have a private sea plane or of course, take commercial flights via Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific. From the airport, you have to travel an hour and a half by land to reach Sagrada Port. And once you are there, another 30-minute boat ride awaits across the water.
There are 81 fantastic villas to choose from in HUMA Island Resort and Spa. Choosing the best one is quite a challenge.
- Water Villas – Get the best view of the sea from this type of accommodation. The 102 – square – meter villa has its own outdoor tub which adds a very romantic vibe. I can truly say, this is perfect for honeymooners like us.
- Beach Villas – If you can’t get enough of the beach, then better choose this room. There are 14 large huts that open directly onto the beach front. That’s probably going to give you one of the best morning views of your life!
- Family Suites – This is ideal if you are travelling with your kids. It even has its own private pool.
- Presidential Suite– This is perfect if you are travelling with a group. You can even have a nice party at the giant sun deck that provides an impeccable view of Palawan.
You will never get hungry on this island. We even had a special dinner prepared for us on the beach, they gave us a romantic boodle fight kind of dinner which I would totally recommend asking for! Add that to your list and request for the same when you visit here.
But if you want other choices, that’s possible too. They have Italian and Lebanese food that will make you want to eat more and more. Plus, there are bars where you can easily mingle and make new friends.
- Fitness Center – At HUMA Island Resort and Spa, health buffs will enjoy the gym equipment and facility.
- Infinity Pool – Everyone will also love the jaw – dropping infinity pool.
- Boutique – And if you want to take a piece of the island with you, why not shop at the resort’s own gift shop?
- Spa – And to complete your relaxing vacation, get some spa treatments that will awaken your senses. We had a couple’s massage in a massage suite with a glass floor that had a view onto the sea floor below!
When in Huma Island Resort and Spa, you will never get bored as there are a number of activities you can always do.
- Excursions – You can easily choose which excursions you would like to take. You can join the ones which showcase corals. Or perhaps, see limestones. Maybe you can go to a nice waterfall or visit a zoo which your kids would love.
- Water Sports and Activities – You can go kayaking, jet skiing, snorkeling or ride a banana boat. In HUMA Island Resort and Spa, you can even try out your archery skills in their own range! And if you want to try something even more adventurous, why don’t you try rock climbing?
- Dive Center – Learn how to dive from the experts at the in-house dive center!
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Questions about HUMA Island Resort and Spa in Busuanga, Palawan
1. How much is the rate in HUMA Island Resort and Spa?
To inquire about rates, availability or promo, check the links below:
Own website | Booking.com | Agoda
2. When is the best time to visit HUMA Island Resort and Spa?
I suggest that you go here on March as this is an off – peak season.
3. How far is HUMA Island Resort and Spa from Busuanga Airport?
The airport is around 22.8Kms away from the resort.
4. Are there business facilities in HUMA Island Resort and Spa?
Yes, there are business facilities within the resort.
5. What are the credit cards accepted in HUMA Island Resort and Spa?
They accept American Express, Visa, and Mastercard.
6. What is the check-in, check – out time in the property?
Check – in: 1400 -2300
Check – out: 0600 -1200
7. Should I advise the property of my arrival time if I am going to take a commercial flight?
Yes, the guests should advise HUMA Island Resort and Spa the arrival time via email.
8. What are the languages spoken in HUMA Island Resort and Spa?
The staff speak Filipino, Korean, Italian, English and German.
9. Is there a baby – sitting facility in HUMA Island Resort and Spa?
Yes, there is.
10. Are there facilities for disabled guests?
Yes, there are facilities specially made for disabled guests.
I was actually surprised that something like this exists in the Philippines. I bet that sooner or later, more tourists will visit HUMA Island Resort and Spa to relax, rejuvenate and recharge.
This trip was arranged by Tourism Promotions Board. Special thanks to Mr. Gerry Panga – the Tourism Attaché and Director for Northern and Southern Europe, Department of Tourism.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Leave a Reply