San Carlos de Bariloche or Bariloche is an amazing town located in Patagonia, Argentina. It is surrounded by the Andes Mountains thus, making it a great spot for ski lovers. It is also known for its delectable chocolates and the biggest city of the famous Lake District. While this is a popular destination during winter, Bariloche is also perfect during the hotter days. There are so many activities to choose from. In fact, we went water rafting and sailing while we were in town.
What made our stay even more interesting was our accommodation in Bariloche called Hotel Tunquelen. Imagine waking up to one of the best scenery only one can imagine! It was such a fascinating experience, and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to visit the town. Now, if you just got married, here’s another hotel which you should include in your honeymoon. It’s not your modern – type hotel, though, but it complements its surroundings.
Review of Hotel Tunquelen, San Carlos de Bariloche, Patagonia
The original building was made in the 1940s, and it is still preserved at its best. It’s as if you are taken back in time when you stay here. Surprisingly, I now appreciate older structures since we have been staying in such here in Argentina. Located in Villa Llao Llao in Bariloche, you can have the best view of Lake Nahuel Huapi and the Andes mountains.
There are different types of rooms in Hotel Tunquelen:
- Single with view to the Forest
- Double with view to the Forest
- Single with view to the Lake
- Double with view to the Lake
- Two-person Suite
- Four-person Suite
It doesn’t matter if you are traveling alone or traveling with a larger group. This property will give you what you need. The rooms are massive, and you don’t feel constricted. Plus, the balconies are a nice touch so you can marvel the view right after opening your eyes and getting out of bed.
There’s an in- house restaurant in the hotel which is called Restaurant Del Bosque. Get the best meals from their seasonal menu. They offer regional food, and these are prepared using Mediterranean techniques. Most of the herbs and mushrooms used in their dishes were taken straight from their vegetable garden and around Tunquelen, ensuring that your food is always fresh.
You have everything you need in Hotel Tunquelen if you wish to have a very relaxing vacation. Below are some of the facilities the guests can enjoy.
- Spa/ Massage Room/ Sauna – With all the activities you can do in the town, you better get some good massage to prepare you for the next days.
- Indoor Heated Pool – I can just imagine how great this is, most especially during winter.
- Gym – Don’t forget to keep in shape even if you are on vacation.
- Open Bar – You might need to visit the Open Bar to close off your day.
- Library – With the serene surroundings, it’s the best place and time to read few books.
- Conference Room – Perfect if you are in town for business purposes.
- Private Pier – The hotel has a private dock for selected destinations across the lake.
- Tennis Court – Grab your tennis racket and play some match. Just a bit of a trivia – I played tennis during my younger days in the Philippines.
- Kid’s Club/ Playroom – I’m pretty sure your kids will never get bored in here.
Wondering what fun things you can do around Bariloche? Here are some of our personal picks and activities we should have tried.
- Rafting – Our trip was arranged by Aguas Blancas, and we highly recommend that you get your rafting package from them. It was worth it.
- Cassis – We had our dinner at Cassis and goodness – their food is heavenly, and the view is equally stunning. Taste Central European cuisine made by their passionate chefs.
- Cerveceria Patagonia – Again, the landscapes and view are just worth your time. And of course, don’t forget the beer.
- Hiking – Hiking here will never be tiring because every inch of Bariloche is beautiful. You would forget you walked ten thousand steps already.
- Taste and Shop for Chocolates – The place is known to have the best chocolates. It’s a shame if you don’t try one – ok, maybe 10!
- Kayaking – How about paddling in the clear waters?
- Zipline Adventure – If you don’t fear heights, or if you want to conquer the fear, make sure that you try some ziplining in Bariloche.
- Water Excursions – See Bariloche’s surroundings in a different perspective by joining water excursions.
- Escape Room Bariloche – There’s actually an escape room in Bariloche which you and your partner can try. Let that brain work even while on vacation.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Question about Hotel Tunquelen, San Carlos de Bariloche, Patagonia
1. How much is the rate in Hotel Tunquelen, San Carlos de Bariloche, Patagonia
To inquire about rates, availability or promo, check the links below:
2. What is the location of Hotel Tunquelen
Av. E. Bustillo, Km. 24,5, Villa Llao Llao, Bariloche – Argentina
This is approximately 38 kilometers from the airport.
3. What is the climate in Bariloche?
Spring and Summer
- Minimum temperature is 5º
- Maximum temperature is 29º
- Mean temperature of 19º
Fall and Winter
- Minimum temperature is -3º
- Maximum temperature is 15º
- Mean temperature of 8º degrees
4. What is the check – in/ check-out time of the property?
Check – in starts at 1530
Check – out is at 1030
5. Is there a wi-fi in the property?
Wi-fi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
6. Is this a child – friendly accommodation?
Yes, as there is a babysitting service available when you need it.
7. How far is the nearest golf course?
The nearest golf course is just within 3 kilometers from the property.
8. Is this a non–smoking hotel?
Yes, the entire hotel is non–smoking, making the environment clean and fresh.
9. Are there rooms for disabled people?
Yes, there are facilities made for disabled people.
10.What are the languages spoken in Hotel Tunquelen?
You can speak English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Have you tried practicing some local phrases?
After seeing so much of Patagonia and after staying in this lovely hotel, I will still stand by my choice that Patagonia will always be my favorite place in the entire world!
Note that our trip was made possible by Destino Argentina. However, our opinion was based on our actual experience.