Citadines Makati by Ascott – The Best Place to Stay for Business Travelers in Makati, Philippines
After four years, I finally came back to the Philippines! It was hot when we landed, but that didn’t matter because I was too excited to be reunited with my brother and his family. On our first days in the Philippines, we scheduled a lot of meetings. Thus, instead of going straight to my hometown, we decided to stay in Makati first to finish some official business.
Makati City, Philippines is known as the financial center of the country. You can find a lot of major local and international offices situated in the city. No wonder there are a lot of expats and business travelers who choose to stay here for official visits. As for Jon and I, we were lucky to stay in Citadines Makati. They even offered an airport service which made our first night in the Philippines seamless. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were welcomed by their Sales Manager, Mr. Edison Rosales. Not only that – the treats waiting in our room were just awesome! And yes, this is highly recommended.
Why choose Citadines Makati for your Business Travel?
Citadines Serviced Apartments is located in Salcedo Village in Makati City. It’s a great location most especially if you have some meetings in the area. And after a long day, you can just choose to relax at some cool bars and restaurants where you can meet locals and tourists.
- Studio – This 32 – square meter unit offers a queen size bed or 2 single beds. You have your own kitchen, an entertainment system, wi – fi and housekeeping services.
- Studio Premier – You would love the view from these rooms. Imagine looking at the city skyline while you wrap your final email. The 53 – square meter unit provides you with a luxurious queen – size bed.
- 1 Bedroom Deluxe – This room can accommodate three persons and is the same size with that of the Studio Premier.
- 2 Bedroom Deluxe – If you are traveling with a larger group, then this would be a great choice. The 2 Bedroom Deluxe can fit five people. Please note, however, that the 5th person is chargeable with an extra bed.
- 2 Bedroom Premier – Are you craving for space? If so, then I would recommend the 2-Bedroom Premier. You get to experience massive living and dining areas. This is a great unit if you are expecting guests.
Let’s just put it this way ok; I had an extra round of breakfast in Citadines Makati. If you stay here, please get their breakfast that has garlic rice and longganisa. SOBRANG SARAP! Sorry – I really had to say it in Filipino because it was so delicious!
- Business Corner – Citadines Makati surely knows how to take care of their business travelers. They have a facility where you can even print your business documents. The wi-fi is also great, and you can seamlessly send emails to your clients and colleagues.
- Fitness Center – And after all the meals and dine outs during your business visits, it is great to stay fit and healthy. Gladly there is a brilliant fitness center in Citadines Makati where you can burn off all those unwanted calories.
- Swimming Pool – Or if you don’t want to use the gym and still want to flex those muscles, the awesome pool in Citadines will make you want to dive in right away.
- Jacuzzi – For those who just want to relax, then there’s a Jacuzzi for you.
- Ayala Triangle – If you want to jog, read a good book, or splurge on food, you can do it all at Ayala Triangle. It’s actually a park where you can also find a number of good restaurants.
- Ayala Museum – For those who fancy art, one of the best places in Makati would be Ayala Museum. It’s just a walk from Ayala Triangle so you shouldn’t have a hard time looking for it.
- Greenbelt Malls – Go shopping in one of the most luxurious malls in the country. It also has a nice ambiance where you can sip a cup of coffee while reading the latest newspaper.
- Weekend Market – And if you are staying over the weekend, you shouldn’t miss the Salcedo Weekend Market. There are so many things to see and buy here. Locals within the area are extremely fond of this market; some would go home bringing some shopping bags. It’s usually full of people, and that explains a lot.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Questions about Citadines Makati
1. How much is the rate in Citadines Makati
To inquire about rates, availability or promo, check the links below:
2. What credit cards are accepted in Citadines Makati?
You may use American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
3. Can you use the unit to hold parties?
No, parties are not allowed in Citadines Makati.
4. What is the check – in, check – out time in Citadines Makati?
The check – in time is 1400 while the check – out time is until 1200.
5. Can you smoke in Citadines Makati?
There is a designated area on the property where you can smoke. However, rooms are non – smoking.
6. How far is the airport from Citadines Makati?
The airport is around 6kms from the property. Please take note that Makati is known to have heavy traffic and you might need to consider allotting more time if you have a meeting.
7. Is there a laundry service in the property?
Yes, there is a laundry service for an additional cost.
8. What are the languages spoken in Citadines Makati?
Filipinos are good in English. You don’t have to worry if you need to ask for directions. The staff will accommodate you accordingly.
9. Is there a parking space for Citadines Makati guests?
Yes, there are allotted spaces for guests, and these are for free.
10. Can guests bring their pets to Citadines Makati?
You may not bring your pets to the property.
I highly recommend this property if you have meetings in Makati, or even in BGC. The location is perfect, and the service is superb. What a way to start our Philippine journey, right?
This trip was arranged by Tourism Promotions Board. Special thanks to Mr. Gerry Panga, the Tourism Attaché and Director for Northern and Southern Europe, Department of Tourism.
Leave a Reply