They say ‘Go big or go home’. This time for this trip, I say ‘Go big and then go home’ 🙂 It was an amazing journey from the Baltic States to crossing the Arctic Circle and seeing the Northern Lights for 3 consecutive nights in Norway. I finally completed my 100-country journey and for me this has been more than enough and for now, I just want to focus on our married life and our sailboat. dIt’s time to go home ♡
From Norway, we headed back to the USA where we are currently based. We flew from London to Providence, Rhode Island for an overnight layover before we catch our flight to Miami. This is the last winter we’re going to have this year and we’ll be back in our warm and sunny Florida Keys so we just had to make the most out of it 🙂
We stayed in Christopher Dodge House, a beautiful luxury bed and breakfast in a historic brick-built 1858 Italian mansion. It has been completely restored and converted into this stunning hotel. It’s like staying in a historic house, museum, and boutique luxury hotel all in one, but with all the personal touches of a bed and breakfast. Christopher Dodge House is one of the few small luxury bed and breakfasts in Providence, Rhode Island ♡
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AT CHRISTOPHER DODGE HOUSE
1. It’s a Historical Mansion- It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it’s not very often that you can actually sleep in one 🙂
2. It’s not haunted!- Despite being an 1858 Manor, the mansion isn’t haunted at all. We didn’t feel or see anything weird the entire time we were there. We were just warm, comfortable, and happy 🙂
3. The Continental Breakfast is good- They have basic breakfast which is usually granola, yogurt, oatmeal packets, hard-boiled eggs, bread basket (for toasting), and homemade pastries. Juice, milk, tea, and coffee are also included. It isn’t bad at all!
4. They have complimentary snacks 24/7- They have homemade and freshly baked cookies, pastries, fresh popcorn, and goodies available in several areas of the inn. It also includes fresh coffee, tea, and hot chocolate pods. YUM!
5. They have a mini Honesty Store- It offers cold sodas, bottled water and a variety of snacks and candy bars. Don’t forget to bring the exact amount as nobody is going to be there to give you change. Just leave your payment in a fishbowl and you’re good to go 🙂
THE ROOMS IN CHRISTOPHER DODGE HOUSE
In this beautiful 3-story brick Italian historic mansion is the magnificent 14-rooms which feature 11-foot ceilings, marble fireplace, ornate plaster moldings, many original tin ceilings, and a wooden flooring which is very well maintained.
All the rooms have private bathrooms filled with soaps and shampoos from Gilchrist & Soames and are furnished with work desks, wi-fi, and an old cable TV (which perfectly works!) to complete the historic experience. The huge 4-post bed is very comfortable and thick with its luxurious Stearns and Foster mattress. We noticed that the sheets are ridiculously soft and apparently, they really take pride that they have the softest sheets. We felt like sleeping on clouds haha.
As mentioned earlier, they only have 14 rooms and we’re really happy to have one of the best! The study is surrounded by glass panels. There’s also a huge window which allows plenty of light to come in. There’s no heater but wow, there is a marble fireplace that kept us warm day and night. I was just by the fireplace the entire time. There’s also a comfortable reading chair which Jonathan loved 🙂
FACILITIES AT CHRISTOPHER DODGE HOUSE
Foundry Sports Medicine & Fitness Center- Just a 5-minute walk from the inn is this Fitness Center with top-of-the-line equipment, high ceilings, Palladian windows and exposed brick walls. Showers, fresh snacks, and beverages are available. Every guest in the inn is given a free access so don’t forget to get your passes at the reception 🙂
With its superb location, you’ll never find yourself bored staying at this inn!
Brown University- Only 1.4 kilometers away from the inn is this prestigious university. I dreamt of studying here before when I was still in uni. Good thing that dream came true even though I was just here as a tourist! :p The University grounds is beautiful and the architecture is just wonderful and unique. It’s a nice place to have a quiet walk especially when the weather’s fine 🙂
Providence Place Mall- If you want to shop, dine, catch a movie, and have fun then you better head on to this mall which is less than a kilometer away.
Rhode Island School of Design Art Museum- The RISD Museum traces the history of art from antiquity to the present through its collection of more than 100,000 works of art in all media from all cultures housed in 5 buildings. If you love art (or even if you don’t), then this is a must visit! You’ll love every corner of this gallery!
La Gondola- La Gondola provides Gondola rides along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers in Water Place Park. You’ll feel like you’re in Italy when embarking this gondola and the gondoliers sing in perfect Italian! Take your favorite bottle of wine and they’d be more than happy to provide you an ice bucket and wine glasses 🙂
Benefit Street- For scenic walks and a lot of history, take a stroll down this street and get to understand why it’s called the “mile of history.” It features homes and businesses from the Colonial and Victorian era. Guided and self-guided tours are available.
FAQ: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CHRISTOPHER DODGE HOUSE
1. How much is the room rates at Christopher Dodge House?
2. What is the check-in and check-out time?
Check-in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM.
3. Is there Wi-Fi?
Yes, free Wi-Fi is available!
4. Is smoking allowed?
No. But there’s an outside patio with seating area where you can smoke.
5. Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed.
6. Are children free of charge?
One child up to 12 y/o stays free of charge when they use existing beds.
7. I want to surprise my wife/husband/partner, can I ask them to do things for me?
Yes! You can avail of their Romantic Getaway, Taste of Providence, Five Star Combination, and Seasonal Package where they usually include a bottle of excellent wine, flowers, and chocolates in the package.
8. Do they have a parking space?
None. But they offer a complimentary off-street parking.
NOTE: Our stay in Christopher Dodge House was sponsored but rest assured that all my opinion on how beautiful this manor is are all my own 🙂
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!