I’ve come up with this ideas in anticipation of my backpacking in Asia. Needless to say, these simply are inspired of the countries that I’m planning to see, visit, and experience on the next 3 to 6 months.
1. Preparation for backpacking – Will narrate the things I’m going to do and consider before starting my backpacking trip. One of those is to gather all important and emergency contact numbers (e.g. Insurance company, the embassy/consulates, bank, parents, relatives, and some friends in PH). I’m considering to contact all of the diplomatic officials based in each country that I will visit. I’m thinking of doing short interview, decipher, and probably publish it. Fantastic, right? 🙂
2. Things in my backpack – As you all know, I’m planning to be on the road for the next 3 to 6 months, so I have to bring useful and only essential stuffs for my trip. Of course, my red high heels are included. I’m going to make a list of the things that you will find inside my backpack and how they’ll benefit me during my trip. I yearn to give you an idea on what to bring should you consider backpacking too.
3. My goals for this backpacking trip – Aside from the life experiences that I want to encounter, I have specific goals to achieve and one of those is to start becoming a vegetarian! Don’t laugh! I’m serious. I’m going to eat all the meat that I want to consume when I get home to the Philippines for ten days before I will drastically start to cut my meat intake during my backpacking trip! I will keep you guys in the loop! I know I can make it!
25 countries before my 25th birthday
Here it goes, I have a personal goal of visiting 25 countries before my 25th birthday. As of this date (22 April 2013), I’ve been to 15 countries, namely, Philippines (my beloved country), Kuwait (my second home), Kurdistan-Iraq (my 3rd favorite country), Armenia, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey, Dubai and Abu Dhabi- United Arab Emirates.
So, that should leave me three months to visit 10 more countries before my natal day.
My first leg is in Asia (highlighted are the ones that I’ve never been before).
Bangkok, Thailand (going to the North)-> Myanmar/Burma-> Laos -> Vietnam -> Cambodia -> Southern Thailand (for the full moon party on the 23rd June)-> Indonesia -> East Timor -> Hongkong -> Macau -> China -> Korea– > then back to the Philippines to get visas from some embassies!
Then the next ones might change since I have to consider my visa requirements. I’m also contemplating on going back to Kuwait for a week or so to renew my Kuwaiti residency since having that working residency will allow me to visit more countries with visa upon arrival even though I’m holding a Filipino passport for which, needless to say, I am very proud of.
So, below is the list of the countries that I really want to visit after my targeted 10 countries. As I’ve posted before, one of my short-term goals in life is to explore a total of 50 countries before I get married. As follows are included in my bucket list:
- India – I want to see the Taj Mahal and do yoga! UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Egypt – I will travel with Mom!
- Morocco- I will travel with Mom and hopefully with Lory!
- Ethiopia- If I’d able to get shots of malaria and yellow fever vaccine then I will go there!
- Tunisia- I will travel with Mom.
- Kenya- Wild Safari
- Zambia- Victoria Falls
- Maldives – UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Seychelles –
- United States of America – I need to get my visa.Hopefully, so I can make it to South America
- Peru – It’s my ultimate dream to go to Machu Picchu and Amazon River. UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Ecuador – UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Colombia – UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Brazil – UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Chile – UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
- Bolivia – UPDATE in 2015: DONE!
I have no detailed itinerary yet. I don’t know what will happen in the next few months, but I’m pretty sure that as long as it’s on my mind and I believe it by heart, I know I will achieve and be able to do it as I know that our thoughts are really powerful.
After I finish this trip, I’ll have to take my exams for HSE then go back to the professional world to do some saving to travel often again.
Okay, I’m not planning to go to Europe yet since my budget is only limited for a low-cost backpacking and I bet that I will be marrying a foreigner who loves to travel as well. Thinking ideally with a touch of romanticism, I know I’d be able to visit Europe, probably not as a backpacker but rather as a pampered and highly loved princess. Cheers! ^_^
UPDATE in 2016: I’ve met my dream guy in May 2013 and we got married in July 2016! Currently on our around the world Honeymoon tour!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!